The best friend I ever got to grow up with...

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Hey everyone, I know this may not seem very important compared to some of the other recent prayer requests... but it means a lot to me.

(Copied and pasted from Google+)

Hey guys... I'd love it if you'd be praying for me, I have to take Bush (my cat) in to the vet to get put to sleep. He broke his back, and can't walk anymore. Out of everyone I know, he is the only non-family member I grew up with. We did tons of stuff together; we camped together, we did school together, we watched movies together, we even played games together. He was the best friend I ever got to grow up with, people even said we were alike. So later today, around 4 p.m. EST... he'll be gone. The sad thing is is that if you're a christian and people you know and are close to are christians, then you know for sure you will see each other again. But he is an animal, and won't be going anywhere afterwords... I just need prayer, and to be thankful that I still have all of my friends, in real life and spiritually around the world... thank you all so much!

Heres a link back to my Google+ post if you want to comment there or +1 it :)https://plus.google.com/+AlexJohnsonthe ... 9M3iu2tnjs
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
Lol, He's gonna be ok! The vet looked him over and concluded that he just has a sore back xD He'll be fine! Thanks so much for all your prayers!!!
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
That's great!!! Glad it wasn't as a serious injury as you thought!
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wow, so glad you'll get to enjoy him a bit longer :)
Brookelberrypie
Noob
Noob
Awww I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I can be honest and tell you this post made me cry. I had to get my sweet old lady put down 2 weeks ago. I completely get it. My sweet kitty Chloe was born on my parents bed 4 days before my 10th birthday. We moved a lot when I was a kid and at times she was my only friend. I got 21 amazing years with her. She loved me completely and I her. She was a one in a million cat, never hissed or growled or bit or scratched, purred whenever she saw you, loved to wrap her little paw around your finger, or give you a loud purring meow when you walked into a room. She has left a massive hole. Sending big hugs and praying for you. I know how badly you are hurting.
Brookelberrypie
Noob
Noob
As for whether he went to heaven, there are some great articles that you might find encouraging. Read through revelation, there are animals in heaven and will be in the new world. For me I think they would automatically go to heaven because Jesus died to cover human sin. Animals can't sin, therefore they don't need salvation. I'll copy and paste what I read . . . . Hope this helps, I know it helped me. . . . . .

Well let me tell you I have done a GREAT deal of bible study and prayer on this subject and I am going to tell you all I have learned. Our pets WILL be in the next life with us. There WILL be ALL kinds of animals in God's New kingdom.

Let's start with the creation of the world. God created all the birds and creatures of the sea and said "it is good" God created all the animals, live stock etc. He BLESSED them and He called it good. When He was finished with the entire creation He said "It is very good" Let us not be confused that God LOVES His creation. ALL of it.
God put "the breathe of life" in all living things. The breath of life is the soul. Therefor Animals also have souls.
Genesis 1:28-30 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

Your soul is where your thoughts, emotions, memories ability to reason, personalities etc are. Also notice that in the beginning we did NOT eat each other either. Humans and ALL animals alike ate every green plant. (This also explains how we and dinosaurs could all live on the earth together which indeed we did)

Next let us think hard about this next scripture
Genesis3:1-2 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

Animals obviously use to speak to us and we to them in a common language! The serpent in this verse is clearly not a "metaphor" that we often see in scripture because it also says it is craftier than any of the wild animals God had created! It also obviously wasn't a single incident of animals speaking to Adam and Eve (like this time where satan had possessed the serpent to cause it to tempt Eve.) Had that been the case Eve would've been in the least confused and went running right to God to tell Him she heard the snake talking! Imagine what your reaction would be if the bush in your back yard suddenly spoke to you! That is how Eve also would've reacted had it not been common for them to speak to each other.
SO the serpent was deceived first and did the work of satan then Eve was deceived then Adam. All three were cursed by God for believing satan. It is also clear that satan had possessed the serpent because of the curse He spoke to the serpent at that time. But that is a whole other lesson. Now ALL creation was cursed because of Adam and Eves sin with death. We must ALL die a physical death because of that sin BUT humans stand apart from the animals in that they remained innocent (besides that serpent).
HUMANS "turned" on God, not the rest of His creation. WE are the ones that need forgiveness and redemption. God sealed their mouths shut to seperate us from them AFTER WE sinned. It was only after the flood of Noah that we began eating each other.
They still remained innocent and that is why sadly the sacrifice of their innocent blood was able to cover our sins. Cover only not take away, this why there had to be so many animal sacrifices. They suffer along with us with every kind of suffering but they remained innocent.
Illness, diseases, parasites etc are what made them "unclean" NOT "their" sin. OUR sin.We brought all this evil into the world with OUR sin.
God gave all the warnings He did about "unclean" animals because they could give humans diseases NOT because they were "sinful"! For example we all know (or should know) that if we eat undercooked pork we can get trichinosis. We can get ringworm if we pet an animal that has it etc. The old testament also refers to humans as "unclean" when they had an infectious disease. Back then they had NO understanding about these things nor how to prevent them or treat them.

Then we also have scripture that come right out and tell us plain as day that God will have animals in His Kingdom right alongside of us.
Isaiah 11:6-9
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them. The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox. The infant will play near the cobra’s den, the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea