When it rains it pours...

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
A month ago Jay got rear ended, today on the way to the museum with the kids, he rear ended somebody. Praise God nobody was hurt! The kicker is that we just spent $400 to touch up the body of the minivan he was driving. We were going to try and keep it a couple of more years since he got a newish car. Surprisingly we found out the van is fully insured, I thought was only had liability on it since it's only worth $1500-2,000. So we'll have a $250 deductible, but I'm curious how much the repair estimates will be. Will it be worth it? Would like to avoid going from zero to two car payments if possible. Prayers appreciated.
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Ugh yes thankfully no one was hurt. Praying for you and your husband. Is your van in good shape? If so, imo, if it's only minor damage, keep the minivan if all you'll need to pay is $250.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Van runs great it's a tank hehe
Christw4rrior
Noob
Noob
Sorry to hear about the accident. I am glad that everyone is ok. Most insurance companies will total the vehicle if the repair is more than half the value of the vehicle. It ends up being worth more as scrap and parts. You should have the option to keep it and not accept a settlement but that may depend on the laws in your area. Good luck in dealing with them and let us know what happens! God bless!
Ashton_Gigglez
Noob
Noob
I hope you guys are able to keep the minivan. We recently have been dealing with car payments and when we moved my husband damaged his car and we were out $1000 and its still got us messed up. Plus a couple weeks ago our insurance jacked up our rates by almost $180 cause we moved to an area that is bad for cars and the icy weather plus a mustang is not a good combination. I pray that you guys are able to find peace and that God will provide in this situation. Financial stress isn't good for anyone. :(
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
We payed $375 out of pocket to fix the van, that's $775 this month (Approximately 2 months of car payments for a brand new one ) but the van still runs great so as long as we can get more time out of it we should be set.
Ashton_Gigglez
Noob
Noob
Stinks to pay so much for an old car but sounds like it will work out :) I'm glad things are getting figured out :)
Luxen
Noob
Noob
Vehicles... seems like you get everything fixed up and something else breaks. I'll be praying for continued safety and soundness of your vehicles.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
thanks!