just some thoughts

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ManofGod79
Noob
Noob
I cried out, "Lord, why aren't you saving me?" quiet. I sat in a mess and wondered if there really was a God then He would help me out of this mess I'm in. If there really was a God then bad things wouldn't happen to good people like me.

the above section is my take on the world. too often I hear that God can't exist because there is too much pain and suffering and brokenness. the God we speak of is loving and kind and merciful right? oh yes, but He is also mighty, just and righteous above all.

when people allow sinful nature to guide them, the result is a cry to God for help. when they don't get a response immediately they feel that He has abandoned them or must not exist. "my mom died of cancer, I just can't believe that a loving God would allow her to die like that." "my dad committed suicide last night. if God really cared about me he wouldn't have taken my dad from me."

the wages of our sin leads to death. sometimes those decisions result in a physical death. at other times, we live on but are spiritually dead.

one final thought,

it's hard to see the love of God when you keep yourself boxed in by your worldly expectations and desires.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
we can't put God in a box either, He's bigger and better than anything we can imagine
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I hear that argument a lot too.

Thing is, that argument is based on the notion that God isn't living up to whatever moral or ethical expectations are being presented.

My mom died this summer from lung cancer. She didn't die from God punishing her. She wasn't "taken from me." She died because she insisted on putting nicotine in her lungs for 56 years and it eventually caught up to her. End of story.

We have freewill, and having freewill means we sometimes make bad things happen to ourselves and to others. Sure, not all tragedies and pain come from decisions people make. Natural illnesses happen. Natural disasters happen. Accidents happen. They just happen. How we deal with them is the true test of our faith in God. It's easy to worship and hold on to faith when everything's sunshine and puppies. It's a lot harder when we're suffering because of things we can't control. That's the whole point of being able to go to God for comfort. He isn't always going to relieve our suffering, but at least we don't have to go through with it alone.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Expat_PM
Noob
Noob
We live in a fallen world. It's hard to live in this world sometimes and we may often wish God would intervene. But let's not get caught up in the enemy's game blaming God for not being who we think He should be. We see through such narrow window that shows us only the most slender slice of reality - not the whole picture of all things in all times as God sees it. Also, we have to remember (and I'm talking to me here mostly) that what we see as the "reality" of our situation is merely our perception of our situation. A friend told me once that the Truth of God's Word is never bound by the facts of our situation.

I'm not sure I actually added anything to the situation but it helps me to remind myself sometimes that God is not subject to my whims nor to the enemy's schemes - He is God and is in control even when I think He's asleep at the switch.

Expat_PM