"Cosmos" And It's Anti-Church Bias

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I realize I'm suuuuuper late to this party but I recently rediscovered an article I read shortly after I watched the first episode of the new "Cosmos" series and I wanted to link it for your edification.

I thought it was weird that the episode took this long and drawn out turn to discuss how shamefully the Church treated this Christ-loving scientific visionary I'd never heard of named Giordano Bruno. Turns out I had a reason to be suspicious because much of it was really misrepresented and glossed over very important details.

Here's two good articles on it all: Article 1 Article 2

Oh, and it was this article "How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything" that lead me back around to the original article.

You should read it too.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.
Complex_Dreamer
Noob
Noob
I wondered what all the fuss was about.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
When you consider Seth MacFarlane was involved in the production, and was a voice actor for the animated segment in the first episode, an anti-religious bias should come as no surprise whatsoever.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens