What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
TDog9631
Played the tutorial/intro thingy to SC Blacklist.
Just about wet my pants.
It looks SO RIDICULOUSLY GORGEUOUS ON LOW SETTINGS 800X600 RES!!!!!
And oddly enough, I almost (incoming heresy) prefer the new Sam Fisher voice actor. The game feels non-canon, becasue he sounds and looks younger, same with Grimmsdottir. Can' wait to actually dig into the game this weekend.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
oregorn1997
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: CreeperVille Kansas (actually I live in Florida, but I thought that sounded better)
Force Unleashed II

Lots of fun, tho was kinda lacking a plot.
I am the Slayer... Of creepers... maybe a skele or two... and occasionally a zombie...

Anyone want some gunpowder?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Knights of the Old Republic II.

Ugh...I stopped liking this a few days ago, but I realized last night that I genuinely hated it. Last time I genuinely hated a game was Dead Space: Extraction.

I'm at the point where I was planning on quitting, but reading the end so I could have closure. But I realized I don't care. O_o I don't know if that's ever happened. XD

PROCEED WITH RANT!
Spoiler:
My first complaint is that the characters aren't individuals, but flat and nigh lifeless stereotypes. At 16 hours into the game, I still haven't found one I really cared about (with the possible exception of Bao-Dur), and the other person I was starting to like had some incredibly disturbing background and dialogue. XD I don't even like the Exile, and I'm him. Instead of the friendships I cared about bolstering in the first game, learning about the interesting stories each character had, I was encouraged (fully lightside, by the way) by the game (and several characters) to treat them as followers and disciples, only learning about them to gain influence with them to get them to obey. There's even an "inspire followers" Force power. -_-

That felt creepy and manipulative to me. I never felt in the first game that I was manipulating people. I was genuinely interested in their back stories, and went to the trouble of learning about them because I cared. Not because I wanted sheep I could depend on to save my rumpus or throw into the fire. I never played darkside, but it felt like the characters followed Reven because they liked him, or because they knew he could save the galaxy.

My second complaint is that the dialogue options are terrible. They either aren't clear to me (I gave an answer I thought was neutral and gained darkside points. @_@), or chopped into unintelligible bits. I had a conversation with one of the characters where he was getting gassy, and expletivy, and annoyed, only to have it end with influence gained and him being my new BFF/slave. And I had no real idea what I'd said, because his responses and my answers weren't really syncing up. If that was one character, I'd get over it. But it's happened with pretty much all of my sheep, and frequently with any real conversations you have.

That's deadly on a game based primarily on story building and dialogue. And keep in mind, whenever asked, I answered that I considered the other characters my friends. It was generally answered with "yeah, right".

Which is another difference here. It feels like they really wanted to base this on the action, and left the story to rot. The action isn't that good in this game. XD It's loosely turn-based, but once you get a few key force powers, you just stun everyone and power attack them. Nothing else is needed.

I'm...I dunno. The first game was so amazing. This one isn't as good, isn't as fun, and is much darker. But not in an "overcome the darkness" sort of way, but more like "emo kid". I'm not even going to bother finishing this. I can't remember that ever happening in a game. But I just can't force myself.

Yes. That was a pun.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Entertaining rant chozon1!

The last game I played was Bravely Default. This game utilizes every aspect of the 3DS so well....the 3D effects are simply amazing. So much depth in the town and environments. The AR intro was pleasantly different (and probably a modern day ploy to make sure you're the original owner with access to the game's manual.)
Flyleaf
Noob
Noob
The last game I played and finished at the same time was "The last of us" for ps3. :) Pretty brutal but great design.
Minecrafty
Noob
Noob
The last game I played was Hawken. Great mech game thats F2Play. But I stink at it....
So (insert meaning of life and REALLY important stuffs here) and that's what I'm all about!

Life is about the Journey!
TheAlexTDB
Minecraft Server Admin
I am getting close to getting either a M4 or a T1 Heavy on World Of Tanks :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
ccgr wrote:Entertaining rant chozon1!

The last game I played was Bravely Default. This game utilizes every aspect of the 3DS so well....the 3D effects are simply amazing. So much depth in the town and environments. The AR intro was pleasantly different (and probably a modern day ploy to make sure you're the original owner with access to the game's manual.)
I'm interested in that game...looks great.

I played Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

I'm actually really enjoying it. It's not quite the same as the original, but still very good. It's mission style, rather than the open environment of the first. But at the same time, done this way, it enables multiple locations. Which is awesome. And they're pretty large locales, too.

Plus, I never really realized how good the 3DS/2DS graphics were. :O
Rocka
Noob
Noob
I like to play Sonic
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Daylight - lame ending, repetitive gameplay
Mizzkryzz
League of Legends
Your musician who sings , plays sax, flute ,oboe , clarinet, trumpet , and piano.
The girl who is obsessed with music. ~ PandaLove~
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bravely Default - - I'm in loooove
TDog9631
NHL 09 on PC
Got it in the EA Sports Classic bundle on Amazon for two bucks (Along with Madden NFL 08)
Pretty solid hockey game, but no where near as good as 2003 and 2004 were.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
Chameleon7500
Noob
Noob
Minecraft and Skyrim but more recently, MC.
Foxwick
Minecraft Server Admin
Minecraft