What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Risk of Rain

Game is hard.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Mario Kart 7, I won!!
BigBrother
Noob
Noob
I went ahead and picked up Watch Dogs on the PS4 yesterday. Anyone else get it? I didn't have any time to play it last night (had to bbq hamburgers for the fam and get ready for the OKC Thunder game), but my son played it for about an hour. My first impression is that there is way too much cussing, the graphics are very pretty (although, from what I've seen so far, they're about on par with The Last of Us), the story is engaging enough (SLIGHT SPOILER - in one of the first scenes you're directed as the player to shoot a person, but the gun just clicks - you were actually just trying to scare some information out of them), the actual gameplay is fairly complicated and involves a certain amount of stealth (the hacking ability is a little overwhelming to start - you can hack so many different things). Again, I haven't had any hands on time with the game myself, these are just my first impressions from watching my son play.

There's also a mobile 2nd screen game that you can play at any time, which I thought was interesting. I might try my hand at that during lunch today.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Haven't played it but since it's based in Chicago I'm curious about it.
Halo3Hunter113
On PC Minecraft
Besides PC it was Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
lilylilac
Noob
Noob
I just got Harvest Moon, Animal Parade for the wii, it's alot of fun. I'm on the last bell. Trying to get everyone up to three friendship hearts is hard though. :D
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
Watch Dogs. I really like it, even with the downgrade.
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
Jorgmeisterwork
The last game I played was miencraft earlier today.
Jorgmeisterwork
My favorite pc game that is not-well known, is farming simulator 2011/2013.

My favorite well known game is age of empires 3, and C&C ghenerals: zero hour (old game but still love it)
blacksinow
I picked up Dragon Age 2 and Watch Dogs and I've been having tons of fun. Couldn't ask for better and I have NO idea what people are thinking when they say that Dragon Age 2 was bad or mediocre, but I think it's fantastic. Appropriate difficulty scaling to name one of my likes (unlike with Watch Dogs).
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I've also heard Dragon Age 2 is actually pretty great. I still need to beat Dragon Age: Origins though...

I've been playing a lot lately.

Minecraft, Sniper Elite V2, Warframe, and my personal favorite of the lot...

Europa Universalis IV. Muslim countries are hard though, I went into a multiplayer game with two friends, we chose Mamluk Sultanate (Me), Ottoman Empire, and Timurid Dynasty. We were struggling to hold our own against Europe and other Muslim empires. Especially Venice. Screw Venice, lol. Ended up getting into a hard war with Qara Qoyunlu and Hedjaz that ended up having issues when the Timurids had rebels rise up and start besieging cities.

I considered it a success though, I took most of the Hedjaz region including Medina. Sadly, didn't get Mecca. I was hemorrhaging money during that war, so I had to get a lot of support from both the Ottomans and the Timurids. Support which I repaid by sending armies to help quash Timurid rebellions.

Still, 99% warscore at the end. Feels good.

This game is too much fun. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Fieldrunners 2.

It's surprisingly fun, probably due to the story mode (which the first one lacked).
LegoFan560
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Magicka: Wizard Wars and TF2. Installed steam early this week and I'm really enjoying playing games other than Minecraft and Faster Than Light.
@Cheryl: Thanks for a wonderful community. It is a pleasure and honor to be a part of it.

"Well then, carry on chaps."
-Deepfreeze32

"it's not malware guys it's linux ;)"
-ccgr

"Go play outside. That's what I'm going to do now."
-ccgr
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
DOTA 2.

Been awhile since I've fired up a MOBA, and since I've recently decided it's my favorite sport (hey, if Golf and Chess can be sports, so can MOBA's), I decided I wanted to get back into it. Because it's awesome.

But I've sort of glossed over the absolutely horrific community. XD I was playing Sniper since I hadn't played in awhile, and said as much. One of my team mates said "Well clearly, since you're playing Sniper".

Clearly, from his attitude, he played a lot. How about you don't take a bot match so srsface amigo?

*rants*
TDog9631
Chozon1 wrote:DOTA 2.

Been awhile since I've fired up a MOBA, and since I've recently decided it's my favorite sport (hey, if Golf and Chess can be sports, so can MOBA's), I decided I wanted to get back into it. Because it's awesome.

But I've sort of glossed over the absolutely horrific community. XD I was playing Sniper since I hadn't played in awhile, and said as much. One of my team mates said "Well clearly, since you're playing Sniper".

Clearly, from his attitude, he played a lot. How about you don't take a bot match so srsface amigo?

*rants*
If possible, try to to see if you can play with some experienced friends in pubs, playing easy to use supports. That's how I got the hang of the game, because I hated playing low level trolls.

I just got into playing more LoL with my level 30 friends, and not only can I somehow hold my own, I generally play carries and do extremely well. Go figure.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737