Noah

Holly_Hamilton
Noob
Noob
Why is it that movie critics are saying this is a great movie, but movie goers are saying it is terrible.

Who actually are the movie critics? Are they employees of the studio's?

Will you see the new Noah movie?

I wanted to, but the more I hear, now I won't see it.
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
It's a good movie with misleading marketing. You just need to get into the mindset that it hugely differs from the biblical tale.
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
A cinema in Britain had a theater flood on accident during it's first showing.

No joke.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
HankTheCowdog
I would like to see this movie, and people I know who have seen it say its pretty good.
ScotchRobbins wrote:A cinema in Britain had a theater flood on accident during it's first showing.

No joke.
this is HILARIOUS!

God's Not Dead!
ttemplar
First I must say I have not personally seen it. That said, I have heard nothing but bad about it. As I have heard not only is it Unbiblical it is a just plain awful movie. Which is a shame.
James 2:17-18
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
ttemplar wrote:First I must say I have not personally seen it. That said, I have heard nothing but bad about it. As I have heard not only is it Unbiblical it is a just plain awful movie. Which is a shame.
The deuce, my good man.

I've no plans to see the movie. Mostly because I'm just not interested.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Here's Jon Stewart's take on the Noah "Criticisms". I really enjoyed his commentary. XD
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Here's Jon Stewart's take on the Noah "Criticisms". I really enjoyed his commentary. XD
I love this, I love Jon Stewart, and I love you a li'l for posting it.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
HankTheCowdog
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Here's Jon Stewart's take on the Noah "Criticisms". I really enjoyed his commentary. XD
I would not recommend this video if you are a Christian, it slams Christians several times, and is clearly anti-Christian. Even at the end it takes a shot at Jesus!

God's Not Dead!
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
...you don't watch The Daily Show, do you?

I also recommend reading up on satire
HankTheCowdog
No I don't, and I know very well about satire, that is exactly what this guy is using against Christians, and I find it extremely offensive.

He is trying to make the truth sound like junk.

God's Not Dead!
N1ghtBreak3r
Book of Enoch.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
N1ghtBreak3r wrote:Book of Enoch.
For a book believed in by such a small fraction of the community... it sure has garnered quite some notoriety.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
HankTheCowdog wrote:No I don't, and I know very well about satire, that is exactly what this guy is using against Christians, and I find it extremely offensive.

Yeah, I don't think you understand satire. He's not slamming all Christians. He's slamming those who are making stupid remarks about a movie they haven't seen and those who demonstrate ignorance of the source material itself. If that offends you, well, I'm sorry. The truth is that the criticisms he addresses are not "truth". They are junk, to use your wording.

That "Shot at Jesus" you mention? That's not a shot at Jesus. It's a shot at hypocritical Christians who whine about there not being enough "Christian Films" and then complain when they get what you want. It uses the movie Son Of God as a vehicle because that's what the reporter was complaining about.

If that offends you, then I'm sorry. I really am. Because it means that you don't know how to take a joke.
HankTheCowdog
Deepfreeze32 wrote:
HankTheCowdog wrote:No I don't, and I know very well about satire, that is exactly what this guy is using against Christians, and I find it extremely offensive.

Yeah, I don't think you understand satire. He's not slamming all Christians. He's slamming those who are making stupid remarks about a movie they haven't seen and those who demonstrate ignorance of the source material itself. If that offends you, well, I'm sorry. The truth is that the criticisms he addresses are not "truth". They are junk, to use your wording.

That "Shot at Jesus" you mention? That's not a shot at Jesus. It's a shot at hypocritical Christians who whine about there not being enough "Christian Films" and then complain when they get what you want. It uses the movie Son Of God as a vehicle because that's what the reporter was complaining about.

If that offends you, then I'm sorry. I really am. Because it means that you don't know how to take a joke.
OK that makes sense, but I take Christ very seriously and still would not recommend this video, because it uses Christianity as a vehicle for comedy, and this could be taken as an anti-Christian video. One of our main goals here on Earth is to glorify God, and I don't think I would consider this God-glorifying.

God's Not Dead!