Star Wars

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
SilverKai wrote:George Lucas still has a ton of say in it
This is the part that worries me.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
SilverKai wrote:George Lucas still has a ton of say in it
Nooooooooooooooo!
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
blacksinow
SilverKai wrote:i think Disney is going to do an excellent job on episodes 7, 8 and 9 cause Tron legacy was a pretty good movie and Disney made it and number two George Lucas still has a ton of say in it so i think they are going to be great movies. :D
Stop saying things like that! George Lucas ruined the prequals, him going near the new Disney hotness Star Wars would be disastrous! Disney owning Star Wars is a great sign of things to come, but I fear that Disney will over buy and end up like AD Vision.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
They could've done a KotOR movie, or even a gritty Republic Commando movie. But no, gotta do the same ol stuff again....
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
blacksinow
Orodrist wrote:They could've done a KotOR movie, or even a gritty Republic Commando movie. But no, gotta do the same ol stuff again....
The funny thing is that there was one movie that DID take place in the star wars continuity, but wasn't about the republic. Rather, it was about an ewok, a little girl and an old man. I forget the name though.
LAVA89
Orodrist wrote:They could've done a KotOR movie, or even a gritty Republic Commando movie. But no, gotta do the same ol stuff again....
A KOTOR movie sounds awesome...Republic Commando idea could just become a "sci-fi black hawk down".

What I think made KOTOR so great is that it brought back the adventurous fun of the original movies. The Star Wars comics seem to be doing this as well.

No matter what the era, if Lucas made the prequels during KOTOR's time, they would've still sucked. So if the sequel trilogy can bring back the fun of the original trilogy that would be awesome, no matter when they set the movies.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
LAVA89 wrote:Republic Commando idea could just become a "sci-fi black hawk down".
It could end up as Black Hawk Down...or it could end up being a thoughtful intelligent movie on the identity crisis of clones and a great action movie besides. So there's that.

...who am I kidding, I just wanna know what happened to 1207.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
LAVA89
Orodrist wrote:It could end up as Black Hawk Down...or it could end up being a thoughtful intelligent movie on the identity crisis of clones and a great action movie besides.
Oh definitely, I guess I was more or less commentating on what would sound good on paper and...what the studio's would end up making
prophet2004
Noob
Noob
I think that Disney will do a good job with Star Wars. I haven't seen any of the Marvel movies, but I like most Disney movies I have seen.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
prophet2004 wrote:I think that Disney will do a good job with Star Wars. I haven't seen any of the Marvel movies, but I like most Disney movies I have seen.
As long as Disney doesn't go straight-up "Hail Corporate", we shouldn't have too much to worry about.

We do have J.J. Abrams in a considerable seat of power here. Let's hope that the new Star Wars films don't look like the new Star Trek films.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Orodrist
CCGR addict
The problem with that statement is that the new Treks were pretty much Star Wars with Captain Kirk and crew.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'd sorta call that an insult to Star Wars.

Not that I didn't enjoy the reboot...it was just so...reboot.

Also:
Orodrist wrote:It could end up as Black Hawk Down...or it could end up being a thoughtful intelligent movie on the identity crisis of clones and a great action movie besides. So there's that.

...who am I kidding, I just wanna know what happened to 1207.
Come on son. We both know Sev wouldn't go down that easily. Even if he was "killed" there's always Bacta tanks.

Yes, I did spend time thinking about this after completing the game.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:
prophet2004 wrote:I think that Disney will do a good job with Star Wars. I haven't seen any of the Marvel movies, but I like most Disney movies I have seen.
As long as Disney doesn't go straight-up "Hail Corporate", we shouldn't have too much to worry about.

We do have J.J. Abrams in a considerable seat of power here. Let's hope that the new Star Wars films don't look like the new Star Trek films.

I am not a Trekkie in any way, so I'm either not appreciative of the older Treks or I'm not looking through rose-tinted glasses with added nostalgia filters, but I enjoyed the new Star Trek movies waaay better than the old Treks AND the new Star Wars, so I have a lot of hope for dis projeck
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Holly_Hamilton
Noob
Noob
I am worried, because disney can do some strange things.
Lucas was the originater and has very high standards. I think they have potential to be interesting, but not as good as the 1st 6. I will wait until I hear what people are saying about them before watching them
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Holly_Hamilton wrote:... Lucas was the originater and has very high standards...
Really?

I'm afraid I can't agree...

(Welcome to the forum, BTW :D )
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens