When did riding a bike become so painful?

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'm not even kidding. My younger helmeted self would ride his bike all over the place with a dopey smile on his face and think nothing of it. My older self (being all hardcore and NOT wearing a helmet, because, you know, I'm an adult and don't need safety equipment) rode all over the place with a dopey smile and now has sore thighs and...other parts not accustomed to the plastic harpoon known as a bike seat.

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It became more painful earlier, actually, as I didn't factor loose gravel into my "how much do I need to slow down on this turn" equation. XD

Nice patch of road rash on my right leg, along with a smattering of tiny scrapes. On the plus side, adult Chozon doesn't cry as much over scraped knees.
scottisblack
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
haha nice thread. agreed. i dont' know when it happened either.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
takes some practice to get re-acclimated. Not sure how guys adjust though...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote:takes some practice to get re-acclimated. Not sure how guys adjust though...
we uh, we don't
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Cept well, uh...armor helps.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
For the record, when I said "other parts" I meant some odd muscle/lard in my leg related to my oversized rump in some way.

I blame soda and candy.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Seriously, I don't remember ever having those problems as a kid.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Syksy
Bicycling can be painful, or at least lead to pain. I was riding my bicycle to Church on a sunday morning in February 2011 in -20 Celsius (-4 Fahrenheit) with snow and ice everywhere. Long story short, fell down in an intersection, super painful, called wife at church (had gone already before me), a friend came and picked me up and took to ER. Here's an x-ray from the ER. It has dislocated once since and had a shoulder surgery last September.

I haven't been able to bicycle in winter since, the pain caused such fears that I am trembling when there's snow and ice. I do ride it all spring, summer and fall though.

So be careful if you don't want to end up like me! :D
Spoiler:
My shoulder
My shoulder
shoulder.jpg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 5033 times
You can find me from the CCGR Steam-group, feel free to add me as a friend!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Not sure what a normal shoulder should look like (not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination...)....is it suppose to be lower?
Syksy
The end of the bone that comes from the arm should be neatly placed in the round-like cup in the shoulder part, it's been shifted to lower-left in the picture.

like this:

You can find me from the CCGR Steam-group, feel free to add me as a friend!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
okay, wasn't sure if the shoulder should have been lower or arm higher...thought there was too much space though :)
cjv
Syksy wrote:Bicycling can be painful, or at least lead to pain. I was riding my bicycle to Church on a sunday morning in February 2011 in -20 Celsius (-4 Fahrenheit) with snow and ice everywhere. Long story short, fell down in an intersection, super painful, called wife at church (had gone already before me), a friend came and picked me up and took to ER. Here's an x-ray from the ER. It has dislocated once since and had a shoulder surgery last September.

I haven't been able to bicycle in winter since, the pain caused such fears that I am trembling when there's snow and ice. I do ride it all spring, summer and fall though.

So be careful if you don't want to end up like me! :D
Spoiler:
shoulder.jpg

Dang that looks like it hurt once my friend did that on a trampoline and I had to shove it back in. :/
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
Speaking of broken arms, a friend of mine has a very disturbing skill; he can dislocate (and relocate) both his arms at will. He, quite sensibly, uses his odd gift to prank people. For example, someone will shake his hand, and he'll do it, and once they let go, he'll hold out his arm and be like; "Aaagh! You broke my arm!", and the other guy will start freaking out. After a few seconds, he'll relocate it and the other person will laugh or be grossed out, or get real angry and stomp off. It's always funny to watch him do that. :mrgreen:

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
zekesnack
as seasoned hardcore bike riders bigvestal and I never experience this thing called soreness, or wrecking.... (apart from a few bloody faces.)
Oh no you didn't!

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” -Greg Anderson

This reminds me of Minecraft builds.

The Guild is here...