Animes

Kwan
Are you human?: Yes!
I just finished watching Trigun, and it was awesome! It looks like there is also a movie too. Has anyone seen it?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
been a while but we've seen it, good stuff!
xbox650
Gamer
Gamer
Kwan wrote:I just finished watching Trigun, and it was awesome! It looks like there is also a movie too. Has anyone seen it?
have't seen the movie but the anime was great!
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return."

- Genesis Rhapsodos.
Noobyhead99
I'm astonished that nobody's mentioned Hokuto no Ken yet. Kenshiro is simply the most badass protagonist that I have ever seen or heard about and the show has a fantastic storyline, characters and animation to top it all off!
It is quite old, though, and can be bloody at times (but not too much) with the occasional four letter word, though the worst I've seen so far is s*** and they're usually only used by surprised goons on occasion.

Here's a fairly good example of one of the show's filler scenes. (Ignore the bit at the end, I'm not sure how that got there! xD)
As for family warnings, this scene contains a small amount of blood and the word h**l is used once.
Spoiler:
As for any other animes, the only one that I've been interested in lately is Dragonball (Z, GT). I know that it's probably past its prime, but I was born after it was cool and my friends and I still haven't gotten over it yet :D

There's also a fastastic fanmade series that's been in production for a while named Dragonball Absalon. Here are the two current episodes if you haven't seen them yet.
Also as for family warnings, with the obvious exception of what would be expected in an episode of DBZ, Goten says b***s*** fairly strongly in the second episode, so you may want to keep that in mind (imo, it probably would have done better to leave that line out)
Spoiler:

...and I think that's my energy spent on the forums for the day. I know I should probably get into a few other animes, what would you recommend? I tend to prefer animes that, while serious, still offer a lot of entertainment. Would FMA fit the bill?

EDIT: As for abridged series(s?), I find LittleKuriboh's stuff hilarious, with TeamFourStar in close second. I did try watching Naruto Abridged at one point, though but didn't particularly enjoy it. What did you guys think of it?
DOUBLE EDIT: Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged episode 60 just came out. It's very inappropriate :mrgreen:
Last edited by Noobyhead99 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
xbox650
Gamer
Gamer
YEAH MAN, I was so happy a fan-made Dragon ball was being made but episodes are fair in-between.

As fair as abridged series, dont suggest them unless they are clean, because Im not sure how old people reading on this forum is.
Ive seen both LittleKuriboh and TeamFourStar. Its crazy funny yes, BUT no way anyone under 18+ should watch it or listen to. Just as many good as bad jokes, tuns of sex jokes, and more profanity than I care to ever even think of.
I still quote some of the great catchphrases, which ever clean ones I can find.

- Genesis Rhapsodos.
Noobyhead99
xbox650 wrote:but episodes are fair in-between.
What do you mean by that?
Spoiler:
xbox650
Gamer
Gamer
Noobyhead99 wrote:
wow I said that weird.
I mean it takes a long time to make an episode.

- Genesis Rhapsodos.
Noobyhead99
xbox650 wrote:
Noobyhead99 wrote:
wow I said that weird.
I mean it takes a long time to make an episode.
I suppose so, but that's to be expected, considering that it's just the one guy animating the whole thing with a small team of voice actors and a co-writer.
They make a phenomenal effort, and I would say that the finished product is just as good, if not better, than an average episode of DBZ.

Besides, I find that the anticipation caused by the delay makes the episode just that much better :)
Spoiler:
xbox650
Gamer
Gamer
T'is true

- Genesis Rhapsodos.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Kwan wrote:I just finished watching Trigun, and it was awesome! It looks like there is also a movie too. Has anyone seen it?

Oh yeah, I seen the movie. It....was....EPIC. The last part was especially awesome. Vash is a boss.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
DeadManReedeemed wrote:

Oh yeah, I seen the movie. It....was....EPIC. The last part was especially awesome. Vash is a boss.

Also, Hero Tales was a freakishly awesome anime. Finished watching it. I highly recommend it. Symbionic Titan is a great series, too. But it isn't really anime, just "anime-inspired".
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
xbox650
Gamer
Gamer
Ill need to check out Hero Tales; animation type from pictures looks cool.
I need to catch up on Symbionic Titan, great story.

- Genesis Rhapsodos.
xbox650
Gamer
Gamer
Almost finished all 6 55min episodes of Gundam Unicorn!
GAHHHHHHHHH Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit.
AND one of THE best DUBs youll ever find.
Now I just need to find which Gundam to watch next!

- Genesis Rhapsodos.
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
xbox650 wrote:Almost finished all 6 55min episodes of Gundam Unicorn!
GAHHHHHHHHH Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit, Iloveit.
AND one of THE best DUBs youll ever find.
Now I just need to find which Gundam to watch next!
You like Gundam Unicorn?

You have truly excellent taste in anime. :mrgreen:

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
xbox650
Gamer
Gamer
you like Gundam also? whats your favorite?

- Genesis Rhapsodos.