You try so hard...

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
epsons
VIP Member
VIP Member
Except for this. (imo, of course)
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose."
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
baconisgood23 wrote:Why do people like this stuff?

ಥ_ಥ
bcuz it speeks to us dude

No, but seriously, me and a friend dueted that song acoustically, rap and all at the last coffee house that I did and it was actually really cool. Well, at least it seemed like it.
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
ohnolookout wrote:
Chozon1 wrote:I have no idea what song is being talked about.

And I have no regrets.
ONE THING I DON'T KNOW WHY

IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY

KEEP THAT MIND I DESIGNED THIS RHYME

TO EXPLAIN IN DUE TIME

ALL I KNOW

TIME IS A VALUABLE THING

WATCH IT FLY BY AS THE PENDULUM SWINGS

WATCH IT COUNT DOWN TO THE END OF THE DAY

THE CLOCK TICKS LIFE AWAY

IT'S SO UNREAL

DIDN'T LOOK OUT BELOW

WATCH THE TIME GO RIGHT OUT THE WINDOW

TRYING TO HOLD ON BUT DIDN'T EVEN KNOW

WASTED IT ALL JUST TO

WATCH YOU GO

I KEPT EVERYTHING INSIDE EVEN THOUGH I TRIED

IT ALL FELL APART

WHAT IT MEANT TO ME WILL EVENTUALLY BE A MEMORY OF A TIME WHEN

I TRIED SOOOO HARRRDD

AND GOT SOOO FARRRR

BUT IN THE ENNNNDD

IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTTTEERRRRRR

I HAD TO FALL TO LOSE IT ALLLLLL

BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTERRRRRR
So deep bro.

I'm feeling it.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
baconisgood23 wrote: Why do people like this stuff?

ಥ_ಥ
Well, think about it.

About 70% of the music played on pop radio are relationship/love songs (generally about copulation). Another 20% is about how great the singer is (and, like any good Venn diagram, there are some songs that fall into both categories). The remaining 10% (and I know, I'm being generous with this figure) are other songs. Linkin Park tends to fall into this category, as their songs are usually about society, depression, not fitting in and other such weighty, non-vapid subjects. There are a handful of other bands like that (Offspring, Midnight Oil, early No Doubt and U2), but these tend to be the minority.

To step outside the realm of this kind of self-congratulatory music generally involves listening to music that isn't broadcast over the airwaves. This could be as simple as listening to some of the other artists' songs (imo, some of Pink's best songs are those that never aired), but most of it involves listening to groups you've never heard of (especially once you start looking at the Christian rock scene). However, most people don't want to do that. The mainstream stuff is perceived as "cool" or "popular," even if it does stink (Justin Bieber comes immediately to mind...).

Why do people like Linkin Park? Because it's better than the other stuff on the radio. Perhaps its dipping a toe into music that actually means something, but it's a start....
delve
Too much analysis for me -_-

I like the sound and I like the lyrics. To be honest, however, aside from the calculated pull on relationship based emotions (which typically don't increase my desire to hear a song again) In the End is one of their worst songs imo. It doesn't call me. Papercut gets me every time though.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Sstavix wrote:

ಥ_ಥ
Well, think about it.

About 70% of the music played on pop radio are relationship/love songs (generally about copulation). Another 20% is about how great the singer is (and, like any good Venn diagram, there are some songs that fall into both categories). The remaining 10% (and I know, I'm being generous with this figure) are other songs. Linkin Park tends to fall into this category, as their songs are usually about society, depression, not fitting in and other such weighty, non-vapid subjects. There are a handful of other bands like that (Offspring, Midnight Oil, early No Doubt and U2), but these tend to be the minority.

To step outside the realm of this kind of self-congratulatory music generally involves listening to music that isn't broadcast over the airwaves. This could be as simple as listening to some of the other artists' songs (imo, some of Pink's best songs are those that never aired), but most of it involves listening to groups you've never heard of (especially once you start looking at the Christian rock scene). However, most people don't want to do that. The mainstream stuff is perceived as "cool" or "popular," even if it does stink (Justin Bieber comes immediately to mind...).

Why do people like Linkin Park? Because it's better than the other stuff on the radio. Perhaps its dipping a toe into music that actually means something, but it's a start....

And this is why pop radio should not be listened to by anyone of decent taste.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Orodrist wrote:
Sstavix wrote:

ಥ_ಥ
Well, think about it.

And this is why pop radio should not be listened to by anyone of decent taste.
Haha, I was gonna say -- I know the first mistake Sstavix is making here :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Sstavix
CCGR addict
It's the station they play at work. I'd avoid it if I could....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Ew. Lincoln Park.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member