Anybody have an Xbox 360? Please tell me about it.

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
So I've been thinking about getting an Xbox 360 to add to my (unusual) collection of video game awesomeness. Can someone tell me about it and let me know if they have it?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Got one. Had it for years now. Also have a PS3, Wii, and Wii U.

Before Kinect I would put the Xbox 360 in last place. So before Kinect
Wii>PS3>Xbox 360

After Kinect came out
Xbox 360>Wii>PS3

We love games like Viva Pinata, and Kinectimals on the Xbox 360.

I know the Xbox 360 is generally known for an awesome online community - but I disagree. Here is why - it costs 50 dollars a year to play these games online. Now there are thirty day free passes in most games, but those are a pain to use.

Backwards compatibility with Xbox games sucks. There is a small list of games that actually work. Whereas our first generation PS3 is backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1 games.

I like the menu screen layouts on the Xbox 360. Feels like Windows 8, and really big icons. The indie online community is better on Xbox 360. Got a Bible game on the Xbox 360 for a dollar.

We are on our second Xbox 360 since the first one died - not RROD, but lost all video. Had to buy a new one. Transferred the hard drive from the old one to an arcade model.

Kids play the Xbox 360 more than the PS3 games. They love Kinect. Not all games are good with the voice commands though. They are not impressed with the search functions in the menu screens.

Forza Horizon is a game I have been enjoying for some time. Kids like that Nat Geo game.

Not sure about the newer Xbox 360's. But ours did not come with a wireless connection to the router so it has to be hard wired.

I like the Just Dance games better on Kinect. I love Nike+ Kinect Training - that game is killing me but in a good way. Our boys play Minecraft on the Xbox 360 a lot. They complain that the newest stuff is not being ported very quickly to that version. Dance Central games are fun on the Xbox 360. Tiger Woods, and Madden are better on Kinect.

Microsoft is lacking a decent baseball game on their home console though. I like the PS3 controller slightly better than the Xbox 360 controller - not by much though.

What kinds of games are you looking at?
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Just want to know about the Xbox 360. Believe it or not, I used to have one of the old models but I got bored with it. I had to buy something to give it internet connection and all that (because of that I never bought the wi-fi accessory). I gave it up sometime later. Now that I'm looking at the new consoles it seems improved, somewhat.

One of the games I can really recommend for 360 owners is Guilty Gear 2: Overture.

So, any more information for me? I'd appreciate it.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I love mine. No complaints, really. It's all about the exclusives, though. If you don't want the M$ exclusives, there's no need for a magic box. At least not until you can get one for $20. ^_^
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I love mine, but that has to do more with me having been a Nintendo fanboy until buying a 360. Like Chozon said, it's all about exclusives, and Microsoft has some pretty good ones...and some awful ones...and some that we'd all like to forget...
Spoiler:
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Need more specifics than that. Exclusives? And what is it that differentiates the Xbox 360 from other systems (besides the exclusives)?

― Criss Jami
FamilyFriendlyGaming
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Need more specifics than that. Exclusives? And what is it that differentiates the Xbox 360 from other systems (besides the exclusives)?
Kinect. After playing Kinect games, going back to a controller feels like playing an Atari 2600.

And to your previous post, I had never heard of that game before. It was not ringing any bells. I looked it up on the ESRB site, and now I know why *lol*. I do not play games like that anymore. I don't want to derail the conversation so I will leave it at that. If you are interested I can PM you a column I did on why.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Need more specifics than that. Exclusives?
Halo, Gears of War and Forza are the big three. That's pretty much it. There are a few JRPG's here and there, but as of right now, the console doesn't offer anything new besides Kinect. Most games are already on the PS3.

If you're unaware, exclusives are games that you can't get anywhere else.
And what is it that differentiates the Xbox 360 from other systems (besides the exclusives)?
Just Kinect, pretty much. The Xbox 360 doesn't have as many strengths as the other two (PS3, Wii) do.

Also, a lot of the features are locked until you get an Xbox Live subscription. Such as: Netflix, Youtube, etc.

If I were you, I'd avoid the console and wait until Microsoft announces their next one.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Nate DaZombie wrote:Features
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
FamilyFriendlyGaming wrote:
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Need more specifics than that. Exclusives? And what is it that differentiates the Xbox 360 from other systems (besides the exclusives)?
Kinect. After playing Kinect games, going back to a controller feels like playing an Atari 2600.

And to your previous post, I had never heard of that game before. It was not ringing any bells. I looked it up on the ESRB site, and now I know why *lol*. I do not play games like that anymore. I don't want to derail the conversation so I will leave it at that. If you are interested I can PM you a column I did on why.

Sure you can.

― Criss Jami
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I'm going to disagree on the whole Kinect thing being a dealbreaker. There's... really not a lot of GOOD games that make a purchase of a game console worth it. It's kind of cool to have, sometimes, but doesn't warrant purchase of a 360 vs anything else or for the sake of having a Kinect.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
delve
I'll go out on a limb and say that using a kinect with the xbox is possible the least interesting use for the device.

Go ahead, google something like 'kinect arduino project.' Video games are boring compared to some of that.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Well, it's not all that bad is it?

― Criss Jami
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Certainly not. But it's not the best thing about it that, if you didn't like it before, redeems the entire console, unless you're FFG :P (just kidding, brother)

So yeah. I personally quite like the 360--I just don't like having to pay for Live. It's a matter of playing it yourself a little and weighing the pros and cons
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested