Whatcha reading???

Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I am currently reading the Star Wars: Darth Bane series. I'm on the last on.
Spoiler:

NovaSword13
Noob
Noob
I am reading The Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. I really like this book.
Stephalawl
Noob
Noob
Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. It jumps around a buttload.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Finished Darth Bane (btw that was one of the best series I've ever read). Now I'm reading Star Wars: Darksaber.
Spoiler:

baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
The Hobbit. So far the best book I've ever read. I'm planning on watching the movie.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Nice. I recently finished the Hobbit (well, several months ago), and it was better than I remembered.

Last book I finished was Sundiver from the Uplift trilogy by David Brin. Very happy with the story and the universe it sets up, looking forward the next book in the trilogy.

Started reading Arguably by Christopher Hitchins.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Emwok
CCGR addict
I just started the "Ranger's Apprentice" series. It's been good so far! :D
Spoiler:

Lindemann02
Noob
Noob
HardyBoys: The Tower Treasure
Pokemonlover02
Noob
Noob
Right now I'm reading 'Warrior Cats'. I recommend the reading the series (unless you're sensitive to death...).
Do not be over come by evil, but over come evil with good.
Romans 12:17-21

~My lovely dragons~
Image Image Image Image Image

#Boop
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
I'm almost finished reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Now I'm reading Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya and Reservation Blues by Sherman Alexie, enjoying both books a lot so far.
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Currently reading the Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I want to watch the movie after I read the book.
Zera
Noob
Noob
8. Have you read a good book that you would like to recommend?

"On Guard" by William Lane Craig. That is the thinner and easier to read version of the book I am reading now. Still very logical and convincing. If you want to know why we do not have to leave our bran at the door when entering church - then read that!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Dante's Inferno by Dante Alighieri, and Wind and Shadow by Kathy Tyers.

Dante's Inferno is actually interesting, which is surprising coming from a book that is recommended reading. Though I find the "helpful" hints on what the text "actually" means both frustrating and aggravating. Frustrating, because they're usually opinion, having no bearing on the text in question and reading a lot of stuff into the text that just isn't there (unless a few thousand words and meanings are lost in translation for each canto), aggravating because they also often contain historical information needed to understand many of the peoples referenced, and thus I am forced to read them.

Wind and Shadow on the other hand is a bit disappointing. It's a continuation of one of my favorite speculative fiction stories ever, and the author seems to have changed her thoughts over the years; elements which, in the first part were good, are now given much, much darker connotations and evils. Characters the first books were based on are either redundant versions of themselves (meaning that huge spiritual change they went through earlier apparently never happened), not present, or just "there" to be there.

So I am torn.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Dante's Inferno....
Our church had a chili cookoff a while back and one ofy teachers made the hottest chili I've ever heard of (he used ghost peppers) and he called it Dante's Inferno.

I am currently reading the second book of Ranger's Apprentice: The Burning Bridge.
Spoiler: