What we want to see at E3 2013

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
FamilyFriendlyGaming
So we have been working on this since the last article on E3 2013 and the BIG THREE. Listed all the companies we usually see at E3, and threw out ideas of what we would like to see.

http://www.familyfriendlygaming.com/New ... 02013.html

and

http://www.familyfriendlygaming.com/New ... 013-2.html

You might like some ideas, or you might have different interests. Just another FFG Original where we are focusing as much as possible on the positives. :)

God pressed upon my heart this year to do more original pieces. We have a few more in the works - ideas we are kicking around.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Nice article. I too look forward to Dragon Quest X. I look forward to a price drop on Wii -U games. I refuse to spend $60 on a title when I can get the same game on PC for $15-30. I just picked up Scribblenauts Unlimited yesterday for $15

I miss DDR games :( Just Dance just isn't the same
FamilyFriendlyGaming
ccgr wrote:Nice article. I too look forward to Dragon Quest X. I look forward to a price drop on Wii -U games. I refuse to spend $60 on a title when I can get the same game on PC for $15-30. I just picked up Scribblenauts Unlimited yesterday for $15

I miss DDR games :( Just Dance just isn't the same
Thank you ma'am. :) Wii and Vita are both floundering right now. And your right, too many of the Wii U games are ports that are cheaper on other systems. The ability to turn your TV off and play it on a smaller screen is not a system seller.

I have so many thoughts on DDR and Just Dance. :) For years I loved DDR. I know its really heavy on the techno, and Just Dance spreads it around genres and decades better. It is so hard for me to go from full body motion sensor controls to a slippery dance pad on the floor. Dance Central is the highest selling dance game on the Xbox 360, so Ubisoft can be beat. Did you see Konami put DDR on the iPhone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQPfhk0m ... zQ&index=1
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
loves my metal DDR pads, no slipping and sliding here :)
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Good article,
I agree that Capcom sure can use another Megaman game.
(And a Megaman battle network game would be a dream come true. :mrgreen: )
Though ever since they canceled Megaman Legends 3,
there has been no news of another Megaman game.

(I do hope they announce something Megaman related at E3...)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
The Sega Dreamcast 2 has to be at E3 2013. When you think about it, Sega has kinda let the topic hang for a while. I could be wrong and I may be jumping to conclusions, but if you take a look there is evidence. The immediate firings of one of their staff after him telling everyone that they are no longer a hardware company. The E3 trailer that has taken place in Japan (even though it was never released on the specified date). The sudden patents. And now nothing. And to top it off, Sega has not been releasing any new stuff lately with exception of re-releases- well, that and Sonic and All-Stars Racing: Transformed. And Sonic Jump on the Apple App Store. And Google Play Store.

And they're not giving out any details on what the next Sonic game will be for 2013, either. If you piece it all together, even if I turn out to be wrong, it makes sense. So maybe- just maybe- they might be buying time and effort also taking a look at the new systems and seeing what they could do to outrun the competition and saving the best for last at E3 2013.

It's just a thought.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
First, I just want to say that I really enjoyed the Dreamcast. I would really like to see a new Sega console. But let me tell you why I think this won't happen.

DeadManReedeemed wrote:The Sega Dreamcast 2 has to be at E3 2013. When you think about it, Sega has kinda let the topic hang for a while.
Well yeah. They got out of the hardware business, of course they're letting it hang.
I could be wrong and I may be jumping to conclusions, but if you take a look there is evidence. The immediate firings of one of their staff after him telling everyone that they are no longer a hardware company.

I strongly doubt those are related. I've yet to see anything beyond accusations of correlation between his statement and his termination.
The E3 trailer that has taken place in Japan (even though it was never released on the specified date). The sudden patents. And now nothing.
Sudden patents mean next to nothing. It's in a company's best interest to patent things to protect their intellectual property. They usually never act on them, it's purely to keep their assets legally controllable.
And to top it off, Sega has not been releasing any new stuff lately with exception of re-releases- well, that and Sonic and All-Stars Racing: Transformed. And Sonic Jump on the Apple App Store. And Google Play Store.
And this means...what exactly? They're a publisher, they can't be expected to devote as much time to the development process as a pure developer.
And they're not giving out any details on what the next Sonic game will be for 2013, either. If you piece it all together, even if I turn out to be wrong, it makes sense.
I'm not sure how these are related. Game companies are notorious for not giving out information willingly.

Please don't misunderstand. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it did happen. But I wouldn't bet money on it happening.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I also highly doubt it will be a second Dreamcast. Most likely they'd give it an original name.

Also, they'll make a lot more money selling their first party games on all the consoles, instead of being exclusive to theirs.

Still, it would be awesome to see another console enter the scene. Competition is always good for business.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I'm kinda looking to see another iteration of the 3DS. Wouldn't be happy over it, just seems like something Ninty would do. I'd also like to see another Metroid title...it'd be great if it was for the 3DS, since I'd love to see the 2D/3D mechanic Other M used on the 3DS. But that's just speculation. :D I'd also like to see a price drop for the Wii U, since I could perhaps afford it then. XD I don't see that happening though, and really, the price is fair in my eyes. It'd be great to see the workings of another Zelda title, and perhaps a Starfox update. Didn't get one on the Wii.

As far as M$ goes, I will be unsurprised if they unveil plans for the next magic box. I'm also pondering whether or not they'll try their hand at the handheld market...seems unlikely. I'm also bracing myself for the horrific Windows 8 connectivity I'm sure they'll spend hours on.

Sony...meh. I never watch their presentations.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Well, like I said. I could be wrong. Never said I was right. All I'm saying is that it's a possibility. Ouya and Game Stick broke the barrier, so who's to say Sega won't do the same.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
FamilyFriendlyGaming
ccgr,
*lol* Are the metal DDR pads better for getting off with your feet? Like stepping back too far and not being centered? I have that problem a lot. I get off the middle and then miss left and right without looking down - which moves my vision from the screen and lose my place.

JOJ650s,
Thank you sir. They had that free Megaman vs Street Fighter game on the PC. But I think that was fan made or something. The MMBN franchise is one I really miss. I know they did some Starforce games, but those were not the same.

A new Monster Hunter game would not surprise me from them.

DeadManReedeemed,
A Dreamcast 2 would be cool. I want NEC back in the hardware business as well. Their cartridges worked on the home console and the hand held. so buy the game once and play it locally or take it with you. Back in the 16-bit era too. They were way ahead of their time.
A Sonic RPG would be a good thing for them to bring back too.

I wonder if Sega would try Kickstarter to fund it?

Deepfreeze32,
:) it definitely is a long shot. But then so was a new NEOGEO machine, and we got that - although I am not so sure how long it will last.

Krytae,
Amen. Love competition. :)

Chozon1,
That is highly likely - or at least new colors coming to the 3DS. Maybe even a new package with a game coming out. You bring up a really good point - I am surprised there has been no Metroid 3DS yet. It makes perfect sense. Unless they are doing Metroid for the Wii U instead. Technically they could do both.
I can tell you the presentations are pretty cool in person. Sony's kinda sucked last year until they announced that free one year of Playstation Plus membership. That was nice. And the year Microsoft gave out free Xbox 360's to all attendees.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah metal DDR pads are easier to keep your footing, the trouble is getting a good brand the ones we have were the best in the industry but the company no longer exists
FamilyFriendlyGaming
ccgr wrote:Yeah metal DDR pads are easier to keep your footing, the trouble is getting a good brand the ones we have were the best in the industry but the company no longer exists
Aren't they pretty pricey too?
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
I used to have a metal DDR pad. Was really great actually but yeah I think it was around 150-200 bucks. As for E3 I'm looking forward to the next Xbox. Also GTAV for sure.
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin