Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
cjv
Are you human?: Yes!
do you enjoy butter.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Good luck getting your novel out!
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
mebmatt
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Sstavix wrote:I turn 39 tomorrow.
I know this is late but, Happy Birthday! :)

Favorite kind of chocolate?
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
cjv wrote:do you enjoy butter.
If you're referring to a cooking ingredient, sure, why not? I greatly prefer it over margarine.

If this in reference to uses other than cooking... then I'm afraid I can't answer that question. I don't really want to....
ArchAngel wrote:Good luck getting your novel out!
Thank you! I've had a nibble with my first novel, but I'm hoping I'll have better luck with this one (for starters, it's longer...).
mebmatt wrote:

Thank you! I like dark chocolate. Not too dark - somewhere around 65% is pretty good to me.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
What's the novel about and what is it called? I might buy it for the sake of "hey why not". :D
[Insert witty afterthought here]
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
I have a question. How do you get new titles like "gamer" and "master gamer" and stuff like that? (I don't like having the "noob" title above my profile picture whenever I post.)

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
mebmatt wrote:

I turned thirteen a few months ago, and my favorite chocolate is dark.
Universal law of chocolate: The darker, the better(and healthier, too)

BTW Am I the youngest gamer on this website?

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
baconisgood23 wrote:I have a question. How do you get new titles like "gamer" and "master gamer" and stuff like that? (I don't like having the "noob" title above my profile picture whenever I post.)
Just continue posting, or get promoted to a moderator position. Oh, and posting in the proper forum. But that doesn't matter.
baconisgood23 wrote:BTW Am I the youngest gamer on this website?
No. There is one other kid on here who turned thirteen on November 6th (which is also coincidentally my birthday :D ).
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote:What's the novel about and what is it called? I might buy it for the sake of "hey why not". :D
This novel (like the others that I've actually finished) was done a couple of years ago as part of the annual "National Novel Writing Month" event. (There's a thread around here about it somewhere, if you'd like more details). For a few months beforehand, I had been reading a bunch of classic fairy tales and I thought to myself that these are really cool stories, but very sparse in detail. Many of these could be fleshed out into full-length novels. I know the idea has been done before, but it helped inspire this latest work.

Basically it's a fantasy novel heavily influenced by fairy tales and with a lot of fairy tale elements woven into it. It follows the adventures of a young man named Jack, who had thought he would spend the rest of his life as a humble fisherman until a chance occurrence leads to the most incredible adventure of his life and the introduction to a new path he never saw coming. The working title is "The Tales of Jack Fisherson," but the official book title might change in the future.

And, of course, if I do get published, I'll let everyone here know about it (and if we should meet in person, I'd be more than willing to sign copies of my book! :D )
baconisgood23 wrote:I have a question. How do you get new titles like "gamer" and "master gamer" and stuff like that? (I don't like having the "noob" title above my profile picture whenever I post.)
You've been here longer than I have, man! OK, only by nine days or so, but still! :wink: I'd follow ScotchRobbins advice (see the post above this one). Seems like he knows what's going on around here.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Sstavix wrote: I'd follow ScotchRobbins advice. Seems like he knows what's going on around here.
:D That brightened my day.

Also, if there's one other thing I've noticed about the writing process, it's that story material can be a fiend to find. Now this is no new practice, but I don't think this aspect has been touched upon. Why not parallel the Bible with your story? Like the story of David for instance - you've got an unlikely hero, tyrants on both sides of the battlefield, romance, rags to riches... a plethora of story material (and if you don't use it, I'm going to - I like the idea).

But yeah. Best of luck to your publishing career.

Also: born again Christian, or did you inherit your faith?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ScotchRobbins wrote: Also, if there's one other thing I've noticed about the writing process, it's that story material can be a fiend to find. Now this is no new practice, but I don't think this aspect has been touched upon. Why not parallel the Bible with your story? Like the story of David for instance - you've got an unlikely hero, tyrants on both sides of the battlefield, romance, rags to riches... a plethora of story material (and if you don't use it, I'm going to - I like the idea).
Take it and run with it, man! Go for the gusto and see where it gets you.

I don't seem to have any problem coming up with ideas. I've got a couple pages worth of ideas for short stories and novel ideas in a Word document that I occasionally peruse when trying to get inspiration ("oh yeah... let's see where I can go with that!") Taking one of those abstract ideas and transforming them into something a bit more substantial - not to mention coherent - is more of a challenge for me.
ScotchRobbins wrote:Also: born again Christian, or did you inherit your faith?
My parents - especially my mother - were always Christian, so I suppose you could say I inherited a lot of my beliefs from them. I've certainly deviated from their approach over the years, though. My joining the LDS church actually has caused a bit of division between myself and the other members of my immediate family, which is something I just don't understand... but I won't bore you with the details of my own family conflicts. :)
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
ScotchRobbins wrote:
Just continue posting, or get promoted to a moderator position. Oh, and posting in the proper forum. But that doesn't matter.
baconisgood23 wrote:BTW Am I the youngest gamer on this website?
No. There is one other kid on here who turned thirteen on November 6th (which is also coincidentally my birthday :D ).
Huzzah! :mrgreen:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Giant foam dinosaurs?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Giant foam dinosaurs?
Love 'em! The green T-Rexes are especially useful to put up around the yard. Helps keep the zombies out.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
You have zombies in Idaho?