Skyrim?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Already started that :P Got a khajiit (sp?) named Snark McPups

In my mind, he's a lawyer. In the courtroom, he'd pass the defendant a note saying "that violates the possession claws" and the defendent would be like "uh dude you mean clause" and then he would get his face ripped off. By claws.

In others knows, has anyone tried the new house-building DLC? It looked really interesting, but right now I've lent out my game o_o
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Haha, nice. After he rests his case, does he curl up in the sunny spot by the window?

I got the Hearthfire expansion, and if you enjoy the role playing aspects of the game, it's pretty fun. I'm building big houses and even adopted some children. I've been liking it and it was worth the $5 for me.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
can you get hearthfire for ps3?
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
ArchAngel wrote:Haha, nice. After he rests his case, does he curl up in the sunny spot by the window?

I got the Hearthfire expansion, and if you enjoy the role playing aspects of the game, it's pretty fun. I'm building big houses and even adopted some children. I've been liking it and it was worth the $5 for me.

dang you! you made me buy it.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Currently, no DLC is available for PS3. Only Xbox and PC.

Yeah, I'm liking it a lot. Building and designing the houses, while not very complex, was pretty fun. Filling up my library, my basement is all set up for smithing and got my favorite armors on display on armor mannequins.

I have to admit, I'm surprised how much I liked having adopted kids in the game (especially when marriage in the game is just a bit awkward). Some of them have pretty sad stories, so you feel all good adopting them. Then they get excited when you come home and they ask you to play hide and seek and such. I also can make them do chores.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Skelliglas
Noob
Noob
The PC version of Skyrim can look so amazing with the graphics modifications.. One thing I was disappointed about in skyrim was all the greyness in the game. Needs mo color!
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Yea, more color would look better but I think they are going for a stone/snow look which is pretty much all white and gray.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Depends where you are. Some areas are far more temperate. And some are just surreal, like Blackreach.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Nax
Noob
Noob
This is just another game that i believe that the Lord doesn't want His children to play..
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
You're free to believe that. We, however, do no feel so compelled against playing it and our consciences are clear.

I even play a "good" character because playing evil in more realistic games makes me feel bad.

This topic is related to the discussion of the game [and its awesomeness], NOT whether or not it is spiritually all right. That's between every individual and God.

Anyway I trust you can show yourself the door. Ciao, auf wiedersehen, hasta meñana, adieu, etc
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ChickenSoup wrote:You're free to believe that. We, however, do no feel so compelled against playing it and our consciences are clear.

I even play a "good" character because playing evil in more realistic games makes me feel bad.

This topic is related to the discussion of the game [and its awesomeness], NOT whether or not it is spiritually all right. That's between every individual and God.

Anyway I trust you can show yourself the door. Ciao, auf wiedersehen, hasta meñana, adieu, etc
This.

Except for the awesomeness part.

Skyrim is definitely not awesome.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I definitely want this game.

I have Morrowind and still play it from time to time to this day. What sucked me in and convinced me to buy the game initially was the music, believe it or not. So enthralling.... And just wandering around looking at the scenery, whether it's foggy swamps or mysterious ruins... I even enjoyed the ominous metallic creaks and thumps of the dwemer outposts.

The other day I clicked on a gameplay video for Skyrim on YouTube, just to see what it was like. The first few chimes of the background music sucked me in instantly. "Oh... want...." I murmured nostalgically.

The only hesitation I may have about the game would be the right-clck to block feature. I much preferred it in Morrowind, where you blocked automatically, and the chances of blocking successfully depended on your Block skill (and how much damage your shield took, of course). Maybe I'll find a mod that allows that back in....
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Being that the combat is based on what you equip to your hands, blocking really makes sense and works well in the game. There are also some perks you can invest in that get you moves like shield bashing. Auto-blocking wouldn't make a whole lot of sense in skyrim.

And yes, the music is great. Jeremy Soule is a fantastic composer and really outdid himself.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Nax
Noob
Noob
ChickenSoup wrote:You're free to believe that. We, however, do no feel so compelled against playing it and our consciences are clear.

Got angry/frustrated? I'm sorry if that happened and it was not a respectful last comment.

This page is called '' Christ Centered Gamer '' . Now, I don't feel bad about saying what i said because this is supposed to be a page thats going to have players thats christ-centered. Skyrim is not a christ centered game. Killing, magic and so forth. How can we justify killing when Jesus is supposed to be '' The prince of life '' (Acts 3:15) and magic when the usage of it in the bible is clearly condemned. It's not like we're really killing anyone or using magic ourselves but we're in a way saying that it's fine doing what their doing in-game. We're not standing up saying: Doing such things is not ok '' we're rather having fun with practices that Jesus don't love.
About conscience then; Before a person get's saved, he doesn't know that what he is doing is wrong when he has sex outside of marriage, he thinks it's not wrong doing it when it clearly is because God is the one that makes the rules. His conscience has nothing to say in that matter even though he has good conscience.
My point is that if God doesn't approve of certain games because of the content then it doesn't automatically mean that you will notice it in your conscience. There might also be other factors involved why our conscience isn't saying that it's wrong. I hope i have made my point.

God bless you all :) .

P.S: I'm not trying to wreck anything or ruin anyones fun.

Your welcome to do whatever you want of course.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
You haven't actually made any point.

The things that you've said are what this site was created to address. There will always be a Christian audience for games; who would provide the resource that this site provides, were it not for us?

What you're doing instead is coming forward to condemn something that differs from your point of view.

That's fine, but you're missing the reason that we're here. The result? Obvious troll is obvious.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...