I KNOW IT'S BEEN MENTIONED BEFORE BUT GOSH DANGIT

For threads that strayed off topic or never made sense in the first place.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
TripExistence wrote:I would quote Vampire Weekend here... but I don't think that's allowed. <.<
I feel the same way.

But I was going to say 'flamethrower everybody'.
Epicness23
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Drewsov wrote:
Epicness23 wrote:
Drewsov wrote: "I assume you speak of threads made by such luminaries as Ihasgaming, Coolstuffmc and (everybody's favorite) Firebolt13."

...There.

:|
My original post had no grammatical errors at all, you only edited two words: i was being sarcastic when i called them favourites and i spell the word favourite like that because I'M NOT AN AMERICAN!!!!!!!!!
derp
That's actually incorrect.

You said "everybodies".

That's a compound word (every and body), with a possessive (that's the apostrophe-s that you used).

Let's not forget that you neglected to utilize the Oxford Comma, which might be considered a grammatical slipup. :P

So that means that, yeah, you had grammatical errors there. And I just changed the Canadian/British spelling to screw with you. ;)
Ok you win with the comma thing.
Minecraft name: randomredhead12
My motto in sports: It's not about winning or losing, its about the stupidity to try
Drewsov
CCGR addict
I win with the entire thing. Seriously, criticizing Americans when you can't even use the correct conjugation of a word in your own language... Totally unbelievable.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Totally.
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drew, WHY AREN'T YOU MY ENGLISH TEACHER?
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
Epicness23
Noob
Noob
Drewsov wrote:I win with the entire thing. Seriously, criticizing Americans when you can't even use the correct conjugation of a word in your own language... Totally unbelievable.
How do you win the entire thing, you only called me out in one area. And if you say I'm not using correct conjugation of a word the entire American nation is going down with me. You guys don't seem to believe in the letter u.
Minecraft name: randomredhead12
My motto in sports: It's not about winning or losing, its about the stupidity to try
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Epicness23 wrote:
Drewsov wrote:I win with the entire thing. Seriously, criticizing Americans when you can't even use the correct conjugation of a word in your own language... Totally unbelievable.
How do you win the entire thing, you only called me out in one area. And if you say I'm not using correct conjugation of a word the entire American nation is going down with me. You guys don't seem to believe in the letter u.
That's regional, and it's acceptable for American English.

There's no regional form of "everybody's". There's either "you're wrong" or "you're right," and in this case, "you're wrong" because you used the incorrect form of the conjugated pronoun.

Boom.

America: 1
Australia: 0

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Please don't equate 'grammar nazi's' with 'America'; I have enough issues with our country already.

I believe in the letter u.

It's right here on my keyboard, staring at me; mocking me.
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
How about just, "Hey man, it's actually "everybody's," not "everybodies" and then just "oh yeah, you're right, thanks!"

WHY DO WE GOTTA FIGHT

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I never thought I'd agree with a philosophy that sounds like it came from a drug induced stupor, but...Wait, no...I still haven't. It's not the fighting, it's the stupidity of it that gets my...chicken. Some things are worth fighting over, even with words across teh interwebs. Much as I shudder to claim that.

But not this. Truly, does it matter how Epicness spells the word? I'm not even going with a 'THERE ARE STARVING CHILDREN IN THE WORLD WHO WOULD BE GLAD FOR THAT WORD' argument; I don't think I need too. There's no way in Iceland it honestly matters how one person misspells (or otherwise) a word on the internet; at least not when the word is 'everybody'.

And this concludes my 6:50 AM half asleep rant. CK, thank you for the adorable goat image that will float in my head this morning as I sleep.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Drewsov wrote:
Epicness23 wrote:
Drewsov wrote:America: 1
Australia: 0
Keep this scoreboard up.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Australia is full of ridiculously pretty ladies. I think that earns them a score. >___>
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Guys, it matters because I'm sick of listening to the problems with America... from an Australian.

You know what the problem with Australia is?

Steve Irwin, except the animals there took care of it for you guys! :o

...Okay, that was tasteless, but seriously, everything there wants to kill you.

CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
Drewsov wrote:
You know what the problem with Australia is?

Steve Irwin
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Drewsov wrote:You know what the problem with Australia is?

Steve Irwin, except the animals there took care of it for you guys! :o
I feel I should tell you that, without pity or remorse, if you were within 20 feet of me upon saying that, you would instantly have a knife blade sheathed in some part of your body. Maybe an arm, maybe a leg, maybe a sternum. Depends.

*shrugs*