The Kingdom Hearts Series

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
For those who think that Kingdom Hearts is a bad RPG cause you like Final Fantasy, check yo self.

“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
*Sigh*...Drew?

Kingdom Hearts is an interesting series, but I've yet to play any of the games.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Nate DaZombie wrote:*Sigh*...Drew?
It's a hunch,
though I thought the discussion was over,
and well, I rather not have something start up again. :|
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Whoa, I'm getting mentioned in threads I haven't even posted in?! :o

I honestly don't even have the energy to make some impassioned plea about playing one game over the other. I don't think duplicate threads by the same member are a good idea (and I would have crushed the thread myself when I was an admin, like, asap).

But that said...

The games that I prefer are the ones that stimulate me intellectually. This includes gameplay. It's why I'll always prefer Final Fantasy XII over Kingdom Hears 1 or 2. Always. ;)
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Drewsov wrote:The games that I prefer are the ones that stimulate me intellectually. This includes gameplay. It's why I'll always prefer Final Fantasy XII over Kingdom Hears 1 or 2. Always.
Now everything makes sense. :)

DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
It does stimulate intellectually. Just not constantly.

Anyway. If you wanna see what happened between Kingdom Hearts 2 and Dream Drop Distance, play KH Re: Coded for the DS. Epic addition for the series.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
jester747
Forum Moderator
DeadManReedeemed wrote:It does stimulate intellectually. Just not constantly.
Hmm.

To be fair, I kind of agree a little. The storyline, though sporadic and almost butchered at this point (almost,) does actually feature some surprisingly deep themes as you progress.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
I don't think the story is butchered at all. It's amazing how the series has managed to put all those games out and still stay true to the story. It's crazy. Kingdom Hearts is probably the second longest RPG series ever made.

― Criss Jami
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
jester747 wrote:
DeadManReedeemed wrote:It does stimulate intellectually. Just not constantly.
Hmm.

To be fair, I kind of agree a little. The storyline, though sporadic and almost butchered at this point (almost,) does actually feature some surprisingly deep themes as you progress.
Yeah, Roxas' story in Kingdom hearts days was great. :)
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Kingdom Hearts is probably the second longest RPG series ever made.
Well, I would not go that far. :)

Drewsov
CCGR addict
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Kingdom Hearts is probably the second longest RPG series ever made.
Except for Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy, Tactics Ogre, Dragon Warrior, Suidoken, Tales, Breath of Fire, Star Ocean, et al.

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
don't forget Dragon Warrior/Quest
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Ok so KH is not the second longest series. Anyway, ccgr. I will try to make my avatar and send it to you. Also, if you would like me to I can make more avatars so you can add them.

― Criss Jami
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote:don't forget Dragon Warrior/Quest
Mentioned that. ;)

What I shouldn't forget is Romance of the Three Kingdoms. :o

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
whoops my bad
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Even so, Kingdom Hearts is still an awesome RPG. But do you know why it is so good. It's because it's new but nothing new. What does that mean? It means that this particular crossover has been done. Just not like this. Still don't get it? This should be known to you now: did you know Walt Disney is the reason anime exists? That is why KH is so popular.

― Criss Jami