RuneScape - Is it a christian game?

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ihasgaming
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
hi,
so runescape, it is a christian game?
lets start with what is has that IS in the direction of Christianity.
Churchs - there a multiple churchs on the map
Clothing - Their are Sensible clothing options
Bad Language - there is a blocking system that *s bad words

so yes, runescape can be a good game for fellow christians
I code RPGs, got an idea? conact me at: mdcboom@hotmail.com

youtube.com/ihasgaming
blacksinow
If you like Ultima Online, then you will like Runescape... it is as simple as that. Runescape looks fun, but I didn't care so much for the interface. But I will give applause for Runescape's developers for doing their own thing without having to resort to the "tride and true" formula of mmorpg design,.
jester747
Forum Moderator
ihasgaming wrote:hi,
so runescape, it is a christian game?
lets start with what is has that IS in the direction of Christianity.
Churchs - there a multiple churchs on the map
Clothing - Their are Sensible clothing options
Bad Language - there is a blocking system that *s bad words
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
blacksinow
I think these are essential Christian values that any Christian-worthy game should have.

- Morally appropriate, no nudity and language.
- Less blood, where there are games that have some element of action.
- No inappropriate scenes, c'mon folks, we know what I'm talking about.

I would like to add more, but keep inmind that because its Christian, it doesn't have to be a watered down piece of garbage.

And honestly, I think ultima on.... I mean runescape is Christianworthy
jester747
Forum Moderator
But...

but...

O_o

EDIT:

Oh, okay. So after a re-examination I see what you're saying.

It's kind of like how Halo is an analogy for atheism, because you're on a mission to kill a race of God-fearing aliens.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

blacksinow
My views regarding Halo are unimportant, I was simply saying that Christian-worthy games have the capability to be acceptable to most age groups. The game doesn't even have to be only about humans either, considering that Narnia had some vary animalistic characters. Games that do not deny the existance of religion and have no basis in magic are also games that I do consider to be very Christian-worthy.
SpartanOmega
Gamer
Gamer
Location: since you see this post.... I'm probably at my computer.
I just don't see how any of this even matters...

If you like the game, good for you, but I fail to see the importance of this topic. And not that I believe this game isn't acceptable for Christians, because I do (I mean... Look at it), but I think you're logic is flawed horribly. You state that a plus to this game is the fact that it has churches... I don't know if you've noticed or not, but one of those gods is the God of the Bible. This game also uses magic heavily, and last time I checked, that wasn't exactly loved in the Bible.

And... Because at first I believed the OP and blacksinow were the same poster... You guys both realize this entire message has been directed at both of you.
"Always tell of God's love. If necessary, use words"- St. Francis

Kudos: 35
blacksinow
First of all.... I do not NEED to hide my presence in the guise as another player. If you are going to outright accuse me of doing such, I expect some kind of proof, and when I say proof, I do not mean a couple of posts that appear to be similar. In the bible, there was mention of false idols and magic all the time, yet you didn't see the apostles stop at every black magic shop to buy the latest and greatest ingrediants. What makes this game Christian-worthy, is what you DO with it. You CAN play as a Christian in this game, THAT is why it is a game suited for Christians. There are no inappropriate situations, no swearing (as far as I know.) Use your head...

Do not be as closed minded, though I am going to admit that I too have this problem from time to time... But accusing someone else of being posing as another player... not so much. It is in my book lame, and frankly speaking takes too much time to bother with. Why would I waste so much time posing as another person in this forum? I haven't been punished for anything, nor done anything that (as far as I know) had violated the rules (before posting here).

Christian gamers cannot just look for any game that doesn't have magic, is only family friendly, and only mentions Christianity. We have to look for those diamonds in the rough that be worth playing, for us and future generations to come. And when the time comes, bringing the good news to other gamers who are out there. That is what it means to be a Christian gamer.
SpartanOmega
Gamer
Gamer
Location: since you see this post.... I'm probably at my computer.
blacksinow wrote:First of all.... I do not NEED to hide my presence in the guise as another player. If you are going to outright accuse me of doing such, I expect some kind of proof, and when I say proof, I do not mean a couple of posts that appear to be similar. In the bible, there was mention of false idols and magic all the time, yet you didn't see the apostles stop at every black magic shop to buy the latest and greatest ingrediants. What makes this game Christian-worthy, is what you DO with it. You CAN play as a Christian in this game, THAT is why it is a game suited for Christians. There are no inappropriate situations, no swearing (as far as I know.) Use your head...

Do not be as closed minded, though I am going to admit that I too have this problem from time to time... But accusing someone else of being posing as another player... not so much. It is in my book lame, and frankly speaking takes too much time to bother with. Why would I waste so much time posing as another person in this forum? I haven't been punished for anything, nor done anything that (as far as I know) had violated the rules (before posting here).

Christian gamers cannot just look for any game that doesn't have magic, is only family friendly, and only mentions Christianity. We have to look for those diamonds in the rough that be worth playing, for us and future generations to come. And when the time comes, bringing the good news to other gamers who are out there. That is what it means to be a Christian gamer.

Oh God... Let's think real hard about what I had said. I told you that I had first believed you to be the same person... Never was there one single accusation of you posing as another member, that's just asinine. So, either you just don't pay attention, or your reading and comprehension skills are very lacking, because you took this horribly out of context.

Once again, I don't care with this game, it's beyond family friendly. But you had directly contradicted yourself, and I pointed it out to you. And dude... Come on, "there was mention of false idols"??? It's a commandment! Everything you say is one massive contradiction to what you say you believe.

Now, let's be clear (Because I think you've shown that I must be crystal clear), I think runescape is fine for everyone. I don't believe that we as Christians get a special label though, in my opinion, it means nothing special to be a Christian gamer. You should play whatever you want to, as long as you're not personally convicted otherwise.

And please, don't waste my time by telling me I had somehow said you were posing as another member, when I clearly had not. Seriously, I won't even reply to it again.
"Always tell of God's love. If necessary, use words"- St. Francis

Kudos: 35
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
SpartonOmega I don't like your tone. Both of you guys need to settle down, there is clearly a misunderstanding here. Let's move on or this thread will get locked.
blacksinow
This topic should be locked for the simple fact that it will continue on and turn into a huge flame war.
jester747
Forum Moderator
Oy, knock the flames.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter