Courageous

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Watched it the other night...great movie...love the bits of comedy with the phone conversations :). Great message, story, Character development
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I've yet to see it, but everything I have seen looks like it will be another fantastic movie
2bRnot2bme
Noob
Noob
We don't usually do movies in the theater either, so I read the book first. When I found out what a great story it was, I urged my husband to also, but he's a slow reader, so I read it aloud to him. We've spent the last couple of months being excited for the dvd, so I finally picked that up yesterday. We'll probably watch that tonight.

As far as the comment by FamilyFriendly Gaming... I've read both of the "Resolution for Men/Women" books, and while the Women's book was alright and Ms. Shirer was right on about everything, I felt it was more a cheerleader-ish type book,plenty in the way of convicting you, but it had little in the way of 'how' to implement those virtues into your family. Another book I have read "A Woman After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George, was much better in giving concrete examples of fulfilling our God-given roles of our husband's helper, children's mother, and keeper of the household.

The "Resolution for Men" book by Stephen Kendrick, was most excellent, and I highly suggest all men read this. Next to the Bible , I feel it could be the most important and influential book you'll ever read. I think any man who reads it will find himself rightly convicted, but after reading all the way through will also feel compelled to right himself and take the Resolution. I would suggest that if you are married, that your wife read it also, and talk over about which parts you want her to help you with, and keep an ongoing discussion on your progress and critique you honestly.

In neither case did I feel that the books were 'merchandise' , just for profit. They have a definite purpose in extending the value of what was in the movie, to draw viewers into action, and to get real participation in real life. It's not just another feel-good story, and you go on your merry way as before.
bgpablo
well, at least now I know what I'll be getting for Father's Day!
:)
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Saw this the other day. Pretty amazing movie. Definitely think it's their best work yet.
SarahNinja2
Noob
Noob
That was a good movie
Yay Christian Minecraft!!
Spoiler:
Brandon88888
Noob
Noob
I saw this movie. Love the action, and the message it sends, to always to stick with God, to trust him at all times, and to live in a way that pleases him even when it is hard.
3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Philippians 2:3-4
bgpablo
Brandon88888 wrote:I saw this movie. Love the action, and the message it sends, to always to stick with God, to trust him at all times, and to live in a way that pleases him even when it is hard.
Inspiring while being a wakeup call for a lot of us. We watched it in the theatre...I didn't stand up (I was embarrassed to--- shame on me!!!). But then we watched it at our church, and I made a point of standing at the end. Felt so good!!
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!