Raising Awareness about Christians and Games

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Jordan Ekeroth
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Sooo my biggest goal in 2012 is to raise awareness for why more Christians at large should be interested in the medium of video games. Mainly because 183 million Americans play them, and that's a huge number of our friends and neighbors waiting to be reached, but also because of the potential that games have as a storytelling platform, a place for Christians to bring the good news in new and creative ways.

I loved flyingmonks new blog here on CCG.

I also just wrote about my vision for 2012 on my site.

What do you guys think- would it be good for games and for Christians if more Christians understood the significance of games, or do you think it would be better if we were just left alone?? Haha.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Nice vision and purpose...I can agree with you on many fronts. I wasn't that big of a gamer before starting this site. When it comes to Christians and games, we should not play games that go against our convictions. We should also keep our priorities straight and keep God and families first before games. Too many morons out there neglect their kids over games.
godsjedi
Noob
Noob
Good point. I think Christians SHOULD be aware of games. It is always possible to use video games to bring people to Christ, or at least a better understanding of Him. I have a game called Interactive Parables, which is very helpful for understanding Jesus' parables.
blacksinow
These are my thoughts about raising awareness about Christianity in video games.

Christian video games always seem to suffer from the lack of quality that is often present in most games that we see today. More over, people have this TERRIBLE idea that the average game should be "family friendly". There is good family friendly, and bad family friendly. And the kind I speak of, is the bad kind. Why can't we have a GREAT video game with the ideals that were taught by Christ, a game that is more suited for the average teenager and adult? Video games are afterall, being developed for such age groups.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
atheists will still hate it
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
ccgr wrote:atheists will still hate it
Yeah, but when are they ever happy anyway?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
good point
blacksinow
Athiests are the equivalent of those people at the beach who take great joy in kicking over your sand castle. They aren't happy until everyone is as neutral and miserable as they are. Even non-Christians know this....

But anyway, if we are to take the video game industry, Christian video games should NOT be watered down. The content should be playable and the quality high!