Crusader Kings 2

Gather resources, build your army, conquer!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Wildebear
Are you human?: Yes!
Hey all

I wanted to write a review about Sengoku, but then I realized that writing reviews isn't really what I want to be about...it's too impersonal. I might start a blog or something very informal.

Anyway, I got myself Crusader Kings 2.

A real step-up from Sengoku and Crusader Kings 1 and might be worth the cash if you are a Paradoxian. It's more up close and personal with you playing a character from ANY CHRISTIAN country in Europe from 1066 onwards. Most of the gameplay will have you marrying, making babies, giving land to heirs, making decisions to gain traits, claiming a throne...and then losing everything again if your heir fails to retain your title. But that's what makes it so fun! Everything is so unpredictable. You will also be pressing the "fast forward" button regularly, if you have a life.

You can by the way imprison or assassinate all your enemies. :mrgreen:

It's coupled with a graphically lovable and rotatable map and beautiful textures and a boring repetitive soundtrack.

Some extra info:
-The "Casus Belli"(War justification) system had me disappointed, because you have to fabricate claims(or patronize the pope for approval) before being able to attack! There are land claim casus bellis, but mostly, I get a lot of piety, the pope's hand in war and an alliance with a big nation for extra help.
-You have a demesne size "cap" to look at.(Demesne is all your holdings like castles, vassals etc.)
-Certain royal marriages create alliances
-Sometimes your wife will plot against you...usually she gets all your vassals' support.
-You have to appoint certain court positions for certain duties like - eradicating rebels, converting heretics or heathens and training troops.
-Your army usually consists of hired mercenaries - 300 gold per mercenary army! (not a once off payment)
-The second and third lines of claimants of the throne in your kingdoms are there for pretenders(evil vassals or brother-in-laws/nephews that want to snatch the throne)
-You can also have an independent duchy, so just declare war on your liege.
-You can name your babies
-You can rename your cities
-You don't need to ask for military access to move your troops through foreign territory.

That's all I can think of right now, it's a pretty nice game, got a rating of 8.0 by gamespot.
“Conquer yourself rather than the world.”
― René Descartes
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Nice, keep those thoughts flowing because I might pick this up once the price drops :P 40 seemed a bit steep for me but only because I'm a starving college student :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Writing reviews isn't for everyone. With a blog, you can be more personal and cater to a specific audience. I think you could have a fantastic blog.
Wildebear
ChickenSoup wrote:Nice, keep those thoughts flowing because I might pick this up once the price drops :P 40 seemed a bit steep for me but only because I'm a starving college student :P
Most of our colleges have open networks. People *cough cough* get things there.
Nate DaZombie wrote:Writing reviews isn't for everyone. With a blog, you can be more personal and cater to a specific audience. I think you could have a fantastic blog.
Yes and thanks :)
― René Descartes
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I understand on the not wanting to write reviews, it's not for everyone. :\ Sorry the blogs we hand out have a 2 review minimum.
Wildebear
ccgr wrote:I understand on the not wanting to write reviews, it's not for everyone. :\ Sorry the blogs we hand out have a 2 review minimum.
Hehe, no problem...thing is, I have English as additional language, so I can use it, but I cannot master it. It would be best for me to develop in English before writing professional reviews.
― René Descartes
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Well, we do have a review committee to correct any grammatical errors that might pop up :) from what I've seen though, you're really pretty good at it.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Wildebear
By the way, I have a mini blog on blogger: http://awehgamer.blogspot.com/
I created it in December to archive some of my writings. With that simple blog I will attempt to improve my language and communication skills. I am a philosophical writer, so a bit hard for me to give a very straight forward interpretation.

Just excuse the language as I didn't spend any time in editing.
― René Descartes
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
nice chatbox, I thought the default name was boobiedarling. It's boobledarling.
Wildebear
ccgr wrote:nice chatbox, I thought the default name was boobiedarling. It's boobledarling.
Yeah thanks, you can change it by just clicking on the name.
― René Descartes
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote:nice chatbox, I thought the default name was boobiedarling. It's boobledarling.
same here XD
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
So, Wilpanzer, what did you think of this game? It's not really my cup of tea, mostly because I've played Medieval II: Total War and find this quite complicated XD not in a bad way, just in a "I don't desire to spend that much time playing this" kind of way
Wildebear
ChickenSoup wrote:So, Wilpanzer, what did you think of this game? It's not really my cup of tea, mostly because I've played Medieval II: Total War and find this quite complicated XD not in a bad way, just in a "I don't desire to spend that much time playing this" kind of way
Well, it's not an awful game. I really liked all the ideas, but as you get into the game things start falling apart.
Again as with all other Paradox games I can only say: Good ideas, bad implementation.
:?
― René Descartes