Super Smash bros.

For beating people up in games like Street Fighter and Tekken.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

What is your fav game in the SSB. series

Super smash bros
12%
Super smash bros. melee
31%
Super smash bros. brawl
57%

Total votes: 42
jester747
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
If they were to do a 'Mask Link,' it would make sense that they'd use the three primary masks from Majora; Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora mask.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
The only problem with the mask Link idea is that they always use the "normal" Link and one other Link depending on the most current LoZ. So technically, either Skyward Sword Link or the next DS game Link is probably going to be in the next game. PRAY FOR A MAJORA'S MASK REMAKE!
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Nate DaZombie wrote:The only problem with the mask Link idea is that they always use the "normal" Link and one other Link depending on the most current LoZ. So technically, either Skyward Sword Link or the next DS game Link is probably going to be in the next game. PRAY FOR A MAJORA'S MASK REMAKE!
That's simple, they are making a Majora's Mask remake.
Though they are going to make an all new Zelda game first.
So they might or might not add him. (I guess it depends which game come out first, Smash Bros or Majora's Mask.)

Though you also need to think about the possibly that some character's will only be in the 3DS Version of the next Smash Bros,
and some characters will be in the Wii U version.

There's also one other possibly...
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
jester747 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVTdAOb54xI

Dewd. Watch this video. I'm sorry, but what you're saying isn't true. It just isn't. Besides, you really don't get to say that unless you've achieved the highest level of play.
I'm not sure that word means what you think it means; by which I mean...how does that prove your point, and not mine? Those guys were extremely skilled (and the announcers were extremely excitable. XD); but I've already said they were. But they used the same attacks (and they kept working, at least for the first 4 rounds. I refuse to watch an hour and a half fighting game video. XD), same strategy (dude on the right kept running) good timing, and patience to win their match.

Furthermore, yes, I do get to say that at any level. My personal skill at the game is not a limit to being able to proclaim a fact of the gaming world; either way, your vid proved it, even if I could not. Am I gonna scream at them for spammination? No; it could just as easily be called 'working tactics'.
Jester wrote:Duuuuuude. You're not listening to me. I didn't say that it doesn't have a build up, I said it doesn't have that same build up that a Fighter does.
Actually, you said this thread was ridiculously anti-fighter and that all the qualities that the finger-glove wearers proclaim as a 'real fighter' were lacking in Smash (making it an easy game, unless I wasn't supposed to take the comparison to vapid pop literally), and then flatulated all upon simple music by calling it 'skillless poo that appeals to the masses who aren't smart enough to know better'. Which was the real reason I gromped at you. :P

Okeh, so you said nothing about finger-gloves, but you never answered who gets to claim what a 'real' fighting game is. The first one ever created was simpler than Smash and it wasn't until the Street Fighter arcade craze of the 90's that things really took off and got ridiculously technical.
Jester wrote:Dewwd. That's not true at all. I never implied that, and saying that I did is an assumption. My favourite band is U2, the guitarist being one of the most brilliant minimalists of all time in my opinion.
Definitely was; but what else am I supposed to think when you call something 'easy' when it ain't, and say 'absolutely no skill involved, but it appeals to the masses who don't want to learn the difference.' That's an insult amigo; you called simple music reality TV.

If I had a glove, I'd throw it in front of you. :P
jester747
Forum Moderator
Yeah, I apologize, but I'm done.

There's really no point in continuing from here.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

blazikid
Noob
Noob
Melee rules simply because of the whole thing that it plays more on skill and pokeballs, none of the cheap items added matter. I am lo0oking at you smash ball
bgpablo
I am so sad about the amount of smashball hate there is! There are 5 things they did to ensure smashball fairness/ greatness:
1) the smash ball must be fought over. This adds an extra layer of strategy/ danger to any match.
2) the smash ball can be knocked out of the player.
3) Almost all smashes can be dodged. Either by avoiding the area where certain ones are directed, or by using the dodge technique at the right time. Believe it ornot, the Sonic smash is not unavoidable.
4) the smash ball item can be turned off. Don't like it, don't play with it.
5) each smash is so epic in appearance. Yeah, Mario's can be easily avoided, but when it does juggle the opponent off the level, it's sooo satisfying. Barely avoiding Samus' feels great, especially when you pick up part of the armor and throw it at her head! The list goes on...

Love the smashes!!
If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it... well, we can be glad that we're all safe!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
jester747 wrote:Yeah, I apologize, but I'm done.

You say this like there was a point in the beginning. :P

Look, if you're right about this, keep fighting for it. Ain't like it's going to damage our friendship (and if it is, I will back off, since this just ain't worth that in any way). I don't think you're entirely right, but it's entirely possible I'm just grumpeh and picking fights like noses. I'm not feeling well and Star is refusing to learninate that my hands, face, and entire body are not her chew toy, and potty training is stalled.

Basically, I'm sorry if I've been a jerk to you. That's not my way of offering a wheedling apology ('I'm sorry if I've been a jerk to you' isn't an apology), but just...I didn't think I wuz, but since I think I wuz, I'm sorreh.. :|
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I think you guys should settle it with a SSB battle.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
bgpablo wrote:I am so sad about the amount of smashball hate there is! There are 5 things they did to ensure smashball fairness/ greatness:
1) the smash ball must be fought over. This adds an extra layer of strategy/ danger to any match.
3) Almost all smashes can be dodged. Either by avoiding the area where certain ones are directed, or by using the dodge technique at the right time. Believe it ornot, the Sonic smash is not unavoidable.
5) each smash is so epic in appearance. Yeah, Mario's can be easily avoided, but when it does juggle the opponent off the level, it's sooo satisfying. Barely avoiding Samus' feels great, especially when you pick up part of the armor and throw it at her head! The list goes on...

Love the smashes!!
I like the Smash ball, just not in real fights. If it's just for fun, and not to decide who is the best, then they're a great game-changer. Not to mention pretty darn epic.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Nate DaZombie wrote:
bgpablo wrote:I am so sad about the amount of smashball hate there is! There are 5 things they did to ensure smashball fairness/ greatness:

Love the smashes!!
I like the Smash ball, just not in real fights. If it's just for fun, and not to decide who is the best, then they're a great game-changer. Not to mention pretty darn epic.
Yup this indeed.
Though, I do find it a pain that some people complain when they can just turn it off. :roll: (though I guess this does not work online.)
BTW, Link's Final Smash is an super epic one to use, or dodge. :mrgreen:

jester747
Forum Moderator
Chozon1 wrote:
jester747 wrote:Yeah, I apologize, but I'm done.

You say this like there was a point in the beginning. :P

Look, if you're right about this, keep fighting for it. Ain't like it's going to damage our friendship (and if it is, I will back off, since this just ain't worth that in any way). I don't think you're entirely right, but it's entirely possible I'm just grumpeh and picking fights like noses. I'm not feeling well and Star is refusing to learninate that my hands, face, and entire body are not her chew toy, and potty training is stalled.

Basically, I'm sorry if I've been a jerk to you. That's not my way of offering a wheedling apology ('I'm sorry if I've been a jerk to you' isn't an apology), but just...I didn't think I wuz, but since I think I wuz, I'm sorreh.. :|
Noo, you haven't been a jerk. I mainly say this because we are both in that cesspool of repeating earlier points, and because I'm in so much pain right now I can hardly skew a sentence together. >_<

Headaches, you see.
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I do actually.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:I think Brawl is the best, simply because it refines so much of what made the series great. Granted some characters and their final smashes are cheap to the point of brokenness. (Sonic I'm looking at you)

The series rocks, I just wish the first had been less buggy. Seriously, so many glitches in that game. XD

Don't. You. Dare. Diss. SONIC!!!!!!

You got Nintendo Wi-fi? Super Smash Bros. BRAWL?

My friend code is 4170 0067 5917.

I shall prove to you Sonic is not as lame as you think!!!! If he was lame, Nintendo wouldn't have put him in the game!!!!!!!!! :D

BRING IT, SON!!!!!!!
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Honestly I find Fox's/Flaco's/Wolf's Final Smash more over powered if used right.