My Mom has the green thumb. Sadly, as much as I love plants, all mine seem to die rather quickly. Except for several aquatic plants. Which, now that I think about it, maybe means I just don't water normal plants enough. O_o Little bit of both. I enjoy working outside, but after my back stars hurting I get grumpy and would rather be elsewhere.
1) There are many vines, but only one life-giving good one.
2) The branch which does not bear fruit, and it gets cut off and burned. It represents the people who refuse God, and they get cut off from Him, and burned.
The other branch bears fruit, and is pruned so as to make it more fruitful. This represents Christians, who suffer hardships, punishments, and etcetera in order to refine us.
3) To obey him.
4) I don't think so. Jesus holds onto us, not the other way around. We may let go, wander around in the darkness, or just plain ignore him. But He still will not let us go. Even if we don't experience the fullness of his love and blessings, I don't think we can ever really leave his presence. And that ain't a complaint by half.
5) We are blessed, and bear fruit. They reveal whether or not we're actually his disciples.
6) A changed heart, and a changed life, and a mouth that speaks of him.
7) No one comes to God of his own mind, but only if God calls him.
They all be's hatin' because they don't know God, or Jesus.
I'm not certain, really. Finishing high school, perhaps; it was a huge punch to the spleen to realize that life had to be more than video games, school, and tasty snacks, and I didn't really know what the black void of the future held. I feel fairly close to Him. He's helped me and blessed me so much recently. Perhaps not the best motivation, but I know that I can count on Him no matter how bad things get. He'll always be there with me. I would think that loving others with all of our hearts, and giving when it hurts. I don't do those things...And perhaps worshiping Him and glorifying Him.