What was the last movie you watched?

Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
The Rite - Decent movie. It's about a guy who goes to Catholic seminary without even believing in God and he becomes a student to an exorcist in Rome. First he just observes but then he has to come into action himself despite his lack of faith. Very moody atmosphere, well photographed, lots of pretty pictures of Rome. I liked that it takes religion and demonic possession totally seriously without mocking it. It's a PG-13 movie so low on harsh language but the possessed people do say some pretty blasphemous things. 7.5/10

Faster - Good action movie. It's about a guy played by Dwayne Johnson who gets out of prison and goes after the gang who murdered his brother. A cop and a hitman are after him. It's a little bit similar to Drive Angry but I liked this one better. One thing I liked is that it showed a man from the gang who murdered the main guy's brother, and he repented and became a preacher,
Spoiler:
and the question for a long time is whether he's become a real Christian or whether he's a total hypocrite, but he turns out to have truly repented and bettered his life, his faith is genuine and the movie doesn't mock it. I found that refreshing for a Hollywood movie.
Content warning: It's an R-rated movie, but it's a fairly mild R. There's some blood when people are killed (hence the R rating), but it could've been a lot more gruesome, and there's surprisingly little harsh language for an R-rated movie, and no sex or nudity. Recommended. 8/10
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
The Ghost Writer

Fantastic mystery. Really kept my wondering what was going to happen.

A
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
To Save a Life - Not bad for a Christian movie. I enjoyed the story and the message. It seems like they tried to throw in a lot of issues (drugs, hypocrisy, abortion on top of the main theme teen suicide). I'm curious what a non-Christian would think of it.
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil - imdb synopsis: Two lovable West Virginian hillbillies, are headed to their "fixer-upper" vacation cabin to drink some beer, do some fishin', and have a good time. But when they run into a group of preppy college kids who assume from their looks that they must be in-bred, chainsaw wielding killers, Tucker & Dale's vacation takes a bloody & hilarious turn for the worse.
my opinion: Very funny! The jokes work very well. It's very funny that all the people who die, die completely by accident due to misunderstandings on both the hillbillies' and the college kids' part. This is a really decent horror comedy that doesn't take itself too seriously. It's pretty bloody though so only for people who like both horror and comedy.
imdb score: 7.6/10 - my score: 8/10

Operation: Endgame - imdb synopsis: A dry action-comedy about two teams of government assassins working out of a top-secret underground facility using code names from the Tarot deck. When our hero--The Fool--arrives for his first day at work to find that the boss has been killed under mysterious circumstances, he must find the killer before the whole place blows up.
my opinion: Ugh. Don't bother with this. It's an ugly, nasty movie about a bunch of unredeemable, awful people who kill each other in an underground office complex. It may or may not have some kind of political message but it was totally lost on me in any case. Language and how people treat each other is beyond awful, there isn't a single even remotely likable person in the whole movie. Tucker & Dale is R-rated too, but Tucker & Dale and the main female character are likable people and though there are some F-bombs and such in that movie, it's nothing compared to the utter filth coming from these characters' mouth. And Tucker & Dale was funny and has a heart. This movie is not funny, doesn't have a heart (it's just cynicism and ugliness), it doesn't entertain, I wanted all the people in it to die (no exceptions). Worst movie I've seen in a long time.
imdb score: 4.9/10 - my score: 4/10
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
^ Just saw the trailer not too long ago for Tucker and Dale, looked great. Love me some Alan Tudyk.

(500) Days of Summer - This is what, the tenth time I've seen this movie? Still love it.
TripExistence
donkey
DOUBLEPOAST

Larry Crowne - A decent movie. I didn't really like Julia Roberts' character and sometimes the screenwriting felt really uneven, but it's not a horrible way to spend a few hours.
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Great movies. :D Love the hidden Charlton Heston quote in it too. :D
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Soul Surfer - Amazing story and great special effects, one of the best quality Christian movies I've seen
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
airpa wrote:Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Great movies. :D Love the hidden Charlton Heston quote in it too. :D
Same. But the Charlton Heston quote wasn't exactly hidden.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I heard it was boring. But that was some internet review. I'd like to see it, I think, if only for the Planet of the Apes factor.

I loved the Mark Wahlberg remake as a child. XD
Corpfox
- Dune

Haven't seen it in years.

A

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Letters to God: A good movie based off a true story...a tear jerker though!
TripExistence
donkey
Rio - It's not utter dreck, but it's definitely on the lower end of the animation scale. For as beautiful of a movie this sometimes is, some of the textures seem absolutely awful and the character models are really uninspired. The voice-cast is good, but when will.i.am is one of your strong points, you've got some rethinking to do. C-

Beauty and the Beast - Hadn't seen this in a long time, and it made me realize more of it's flaws. Just awkward little things that chop up the beautiful music and animation. It's still good, but not quite as perfect as I remember it. B
Corpfox
- You again

Made it funnier when the mom and aunt were enemies too.

B

- In the line of fire

CLINT EASTWOOD!

A

- There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane

Shocks me how a mother can go through the wrong way of traffic for almost 2 miles and not realize it.

B

btspence3
Noob
Noob
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

I love harry potter read the books and seen all the movies they are great
NERDY BY NATURE