Metroid. Anyone out there?

Look down them sights, soldier. Fire at will!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Has anyone completed the original in under 3 hours?

Yes.
No votes
Came close.
No votes
Who cares.
No votes
Not yet.
29%
No.
71%

Total votes: 7
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Iknorite? XD
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I have played and beat Metroid, Super, Fusion, Zero Mission, Prime, Prime 2, Prime Hunters. I have played Metroid 2, but not very far. Prime 3 and Other M are waiting for me in my game case rack... I really should get back to those.

Comparing Metroid Prime to Half Life is almost laughable. There is almost nothing similar other than both being first person. Metroid Prime belongs up with Super (and the GBA Metroids to a lesser extent) as some of the best games of all time. Oh, and playing the Prime games via the Trilogy disk for Wii is just heavenly compared to the GC controls.

Half life is a great game, to be sure, and I actually finally beat it recently, but Metroid Prime 1&2 is something special indeed.

I can never decide which Metroid Prime is the best; 1 or 2. Prime 1 is certainly more groundbreaking, and feels a bit more Metroidy, and probably wins by default as a result, but having played both (almost done with my Prime 1 save on Trilogy) Echoes is technically the better game, though not by much... but if we are talking GC controls then Prime is definitely better if only because Prime 2 is that much harder and without being able to hit the broad side of a barn it's just too difficult to be any fun.

IBJamon

P.S. Oh by the way this poll is kinda bogus since each suit augments the next so why vote for Varia or Power suit when Gravity includes their functions?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Because the Gravity suit is plum colored. :D Varia suit actually looks cooler in color, but the spiky assortments on the gravity suit led me to choose it.

Favorite suit though? The Light suit. So cool looking. XD

More than, I figured it out. While playing Resident evil, actually. O_O It's not the gameplay I'm comparing, but the atmosphere. Especially in Half Life 2. The game world feels so great in it, and in the MP3 games. Honestly, until I played RE, I'd never played a game that could even begin to compare to those two series in how the world seemed to be alive.

Also...TOTALLY agree that the Trilogy is better than the originals. It breaths new life into the whole game. O_o
Harvester
Gamer
Gamer
IBJamon wrote:Half life is a great game, to be sure, and I actually finally beat it recently, but Metroid Prime 1&2 is something special indeed.
Then again, so is Half-Life. It might not seem that way now, but when it came out it was absolutely groundbreaking in several ways. A huge milestone in the FPS genre.
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, Half Life is great. I enjoyed it more than a game of that vintage has any right to. But Metroid has always held a special place, mostly because it's just simply more fun. From the ambience, weapons, exploration, bosses, polish, and a whole lot more - Metroid is one of those quality Nintendo productions that they almost just can't get wrong. Though Other M does make me nervous.. I'll have to play it soon (after beating MP3).

IBJamon
Strayinghyena
Noob
Noob
Location: In the middle of climbing a building. So call back later.
Metroid Prime! :D Thats got to be my favorite.
Strong to overcome!
SSquared
I guess for me, playing Metroid Prime totally reminded me of the same feeling I personally had playing the original Half-Life. The atmosphere, the creepy creatures, the puzzles, exploration, sci-fi. I'd love to get the trilogy, but it's out of print and going for $60.

Back to Metroid Prime......it is a terrific game. It even plays in widescreen which is super nice.
Strayinghyena
Noob
Noob
IBJamon wrote:
P.S. Oh by the way this poll is kinda bogus since each suit augments the next so why vote for Varia or Power suit when Gravity includes their functions?
Thank you for pointing that out.
I'll see if I can make a better one. :wink:
Strong to overcome!
Strayinghyena
Noob
Noob
Anybody think that Metroid could use multiplayer? :?:
Strong to overcome!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Not really. You'd lose the sense of isolation that Metroid holds so close.

I'm guessing, by the way, you mean co-op, since Echoes actually had multiplayer.

It'd be fun, no doubt...it just wouldn't be Metroid. :D
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
What's Metroid? loljk

<3
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
jester747
Forum Moderator
Pheonix wrote:What's Metroid? loljk

<3
SIR

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

SIR
"Hadouken"
-Ryu from Street Fighter

Voted favourite N00B of 2008.
Strayinghyena
Noob
Noob
Anyone besides me, think that nintendo should remake Metroid 2.
Strong to overcome!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Me.

That game was crazy hard, but I actually liked it far better than the first.
Spartan_117
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Yeah I always wanted a Metroid Zero Mission style remake of Metroid 2 but we never got one. At this point I'd take any 2-D Metroid game though. :(