What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
I think it was Black Ops.

Still kind of meh for me. It feels un-polished, but it throws so much stuff at you it's hard to put down.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Nix wrote:
Drewsov wrote:Dragon Age: Origins

Finally decided to ignore my pride and knock the difficulty down. I killed the game. Beat it... and now will never look back.

Seriously, it aggravated me so bad. xD

Good story, good writing... bad combat.
What was your party/main character and what were their levels? I played on the default difficulty and didn't find it too hard (not saying it was easy, there were some tough bosses but still...). I was about level 20-22-ish when I beat it. The final boss did slaughter my team the first couple times, but that was just until I figured out what worked on him. :p
I was like level 19. Ended up playing with my City Elf warrior, Shale, Wynne (healing) and Oghren.

Also, I should say that, by the end of the game, I was completely and totally fed up with it. I bought the game in November 2009, and I've been working on and off to beat it for a looooong time (over forty hours, game time). I was at a point in the game where I could not progress, and I wasn't seeing the fruits of grinding.

So I did what every red-blooded American does: I knocked down the difficulty. XD
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Tales of Symphonia

So much awesome.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
ChickenSoup wrote:Chozon, I, too, was a vampire... Then, I no longer needed it o kill things. I drank a potioj after a long quest, shed the mantle of darkness, tamed the monster within.

And now?

Now I just kill things with my awesome.

In broad daylight.

Hoorah.

Coincidence rising: I too have tired of my vampirism and am on this same quest. Inability to exist during daylight and not being unable to unlourd all my awesome spare equipment is wearing on me. I could drink some blood and get over that...but I have moral ramifications against that.

I am starting to see glass weaponry though. Daggers, but still. Level 12.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Cities In Motion
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:
ChickenSoup wrote:Chozon, I, too, was a vampire... Then, I no longer needed it o kill things. I drank a potioj after a long quest, shed the mantle of darkness, tamed the monster within.

And now?

Now I just kill things with my awesome.

In broad daylight.

Hoorah.

Coincidence rising: I too have tired of my vampirism and am on this same quest. Inability to exist during daylight and not being unable to unlourd all my awesome spare equipment is wearing on me. I could drink some blood and get over that...but I have moral ramifications against that.

I am starting to see glass weaponry though. Daggers, but still. Level 12.
I um

>_>

I went ahead and did the blood drinkery >_>
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It happens.

More to the point, my save file glitched and after 6 or so hours of hard quest work...the stupid lady won't come out of her basement and give me my vampire fixing potion.

Un. Freaking. Believable. I get small glitches sliding into a game this big...but quest breakers? Important quest breakers?

Blechens.

I fixed it using the console and missed out on a story sequence and about 1000 gold.

It also happened to be the only time I did not have a spare safety save about 1 hour behind my progress. Funny, when you think about it.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:It happens.

More to the point, my save file glitched and after 6 or so hours of hard quest work...the stupid lady won't come out of her basement and give me my vampire fixing potion.

Un. Freaking. Believable. I get small glitches sliding into a game this big...but quest breakers? Important quest breakers?

Blechens.

I fixed it using the console and missed out on a story sequence and about 1000 gold.

It also happened to be the only time I did not have a spare safety save about 1 hour behind my progress. Funny, when you think about it.
methinks there's a giveitem console command somewhere
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Got my butt kicked in Magicka, fired up DQ VI, I'm loving it!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
ChickenSoup wrote:methinks there's a giveitem console command somewhere
There is. Player.add item "item number" "number of item" if you care to know. There's even a "set quest stage to" command. It's the principle of the thing. I could've used that before the 6 hour quest thing and saved time. But I wanted to do it "the right way" instead of my way.

Never doing that again. >_>

Either way, thanks.
Keero
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Played against Kenny tonight, I lost 3-6, but had some very very close games. Is good stuff. :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oblivion again.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the difficulty settings right. I few clicks up, I literally cannot do anything but get killed. A few clicks down, I'm smiting things with one blow. I just hit level 15, so I expected things to get easier by now...but not so easy that nothing is a threat.

Either way...I'm arch mage now. Kinda teared up a bit. But not really.

Starting the Fighters guild quests. XD I can't decide whether or not I want to do the Dark Brotherhood. Apparently, when I killed one of the traitor mages, I hit them before they turned "evil" and it counted as murder when I killed them.

Funny. Didna get charged, but I was paid a visit by a shadowy visitor. Who mysterious'd the all of it.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Dragon Quest 6, loving it!
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Keero wrote:Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Played against Kenny tonight, I lost 3-6, but had some very very close games. Is good stuff. :)
Did he get for PS3?

DARN IT

Keero
Pheonix wrote:
Keero wrote:Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Did he get for PS3?

DARN IT
Yeah, PS3.