Last Game You Beat

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Assassin's Creed II

Pretty short, only took me about 15 hours. You could probably finish it on ten if you went straight for the story instead of hunting around for glyphs, codex pages, statues, seals, and view points like I did. Conversely you could probably add five hours doing all the side missions and hunting down feathers. The presentation and pacing are much improved from the last game, though aside from some cash there's not much point to doing the side stuff anymore and I was pretty much done collecting cash halfway through the game aside from the occasional collection of interest. Combat gets a few new maneuvers though certain weapons are useless against certain enemies. Higher ranking enemies can't be countered with your hidden blades for example, same for sword/dagger against two handed weapons. Only thing is, they don't really tell you this anywhere.

Though, my biggest complaint would be the trouble I had just running around. Ezio seemed to have an even greater tendency than Altair did to jump off at the wrong angle. This seemed to get more noticeable as time went on; the last three or four hours being the worst.

Despite that I had fun with the game (the pistol attachment for the hidden blade in particular was amusing). I might end up getting the DLC at some point.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Meh. The last couple hours were...better. The black lightsaber at the end was kinda cool as well.

inFamous.

That was awesome. Now for an evil playthrough.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Wolfgang wrote: Despite that I had fun with the game
I think I might just sob uncontrollably
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ChickenSoup wrote:
Wolfgang wrote: Despite that I had fun with the game
I think I might just sob uncontrollably
I think I'll join you.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Sabercrazy
Gamer
Gamer
Wolfgang wrote:Assassin's Creed II

Pretty short, only took me about 15 hours. You could probably finish it on ten if you went straight for the story instead of hunting around for glyphs, codex pages, statues, seals, and view points like I did. Conversely you could probably add five hours doing all the side missions and hunting down feathers. The presentation and pacing are much improved from the last game, though aside from some cash there's not much point to doing the side stuff anymore and I was pretty much done collecting cash halfway through the game aside from the occasional collection of interest. Combat gets a few new maneuvers though certain weapons are useless against certain enemies. Higher ranking enemies can't be countered with your hidden blades for example, same for sword/dagger against two handed weapons. Only thing is, they don't really tell you this anywhere.

Though, my biggest complaint would be the trouble I had just running around. Ezio seemed to have an even greater tendency than Altair did to jump off at the wrong angle. This seemed to get more noticeable as time went on; the last three or four hours being the worst.

Despite that I had fun with the game (the pistol attachment for the hidden blade in particular was amusing). I might end up getting the DLC at some point.

Also beat this last night, it would probably be somewhere around twelve actually, because to beat it you have to get all the codex pages and the assassin seals for the... special thing that I'll leave nameless for those who no like the spoil.

It was a fun game, I also had trouble with the jumping off of tall building and missing the hay pile. :|

Also, don't really like all the love it gives to Scientology.

EDIT: Unarmed combat is the bomb, disarm said baddie and then kill him with his own weapon, how embarrassing. lol
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"An optimist is a man whom knows God will provide." - Me
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Final Fantasy
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Kinectimals
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lylian I beat it in 1 sitting!
SpartanOmega
Gamer
Gamer
Location: since you see this post.... I'm probably at my computer.
Just beat Dead Space.

I had no interest in it when I initially purchased it, but I felt in a horror mood, and.... I LOVED IT. Outstanding game.
"Always tell of God's love. If necessary, use words"- St. Francis

Kudos: 35
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
SpartanOmega wrote:Just beat Dead Space.

I had no interest in it when I initially purchased it, but I felt in a horror mood, and.... I LOVED IT. Outstanding game.
Win. :thumbup:

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Wow. Just, wow. Outstanding game. Outstanding story. Outstanding bosses.
Spoiler:
Though fighting 3 Metal Gears at once wasn't exactly easy...
Granted, the story was downright wacky at times, and loves to throw you tons of "...what?" moments, but it's still an incredible game. Well worth playing, especially if you've beaten the first.
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
It's been years since I've played MGS2, I need to dig it out one of these days. I have to say though, I could have done without the naked Raiden part.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Assassin's Creed 2.

Good game, much better than the first (which I loved). Ezio is really cool, way more so than Altair. He is an actual character. Develops and grows on ya throughout the story. However, I do agree with Wolf and Saber... Ezio seemed more happy to jump in the wrong direction than Altair on many occasions. Some stuff was really frustrating, especially on timed sequences (he jumps the wrong way making you have to restart everything).

Anyway... the ending was pretty cool, and now I can't wait for AC3.

Need Brotherhood too. -_-

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
Strider
CCGR addict
Assassin's Creed II

I actually finished it a couple weeks ago. Loooved it. Best game I've played since Mass Effect 2. I managed to get all the achievements (albeit, with some help from guides to find some of the feathers and other little things) in one playthrough. I actually wanted to get all the achievements, because I didn't want the game to end... it takes a great game for me to want to do that.
Government is another way of saying "better than you."
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Stacking. Fantastic game. Not sure I'd buy it if it wasn't free on Playstation Plus due to the very short length, though.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."