What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Wolfgang wrote:I wouldn't say so. I don't know why you didn't have these problems (playing on the pc maybe?), but they are very prevalent for me and have a pretty big impact on the game. Admittedly the game is pretty easy already, so unless it causes you to botch an assassination it's not going to really prevent you from finishing the game, but it has a big impact on my enjoyment of the game.
I didn't have any of those problems, either, and I was playing the 360 version. :|
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Wolfgang wrote:I wouldn't say so. I don't know why you didn't have these problems (playing on the pc maybe?), but they are very prevalent for me and have a pretty big impact on the game. Admittedly the game is pretty easy already, so unless it causes you to botch an assassination it's not going to really prevent you from finishing the game, but it has a big impact on my enjoyment of the game.
Have you ever actually enjoyed a game
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
SW: The Force Unleashed.

Gah. It's a glitchy, exploitable mess.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
ChickenSoup wrote:
Have you ever actually enjoyed a game
I believe I said that I enjoyed this game (well, had fun with it, close enough). However, if I see a problem with it I will say so, and this was a big problem for me (I honestly have not idea how I'm the only one experiencing it though). I greatly enjoyed Overlord II (you think I played it for 15 hours straight for my health?) despite it's problems.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Drewsov
CCGR addict
I occasionally had problems with leaping from ledges the wrong way, which was a source of some frustration to me... but I also realized that it's a system highly dependent on momentum and which way you're pushing your control stick.

It's pretty easy in AC to be pushing the stick the wrong way and end up leaping off into some strange direction. Luckily, if you slow yourself down a little, and act a little more deliberate with your directions, the problem is more or less fixed.

The sensitivity issue is fixed in AC: Brotherhood to some degree, though I did encounter one or two sections where the platforming controls became somewhat of a hinderance.

Other than that, though?

This isn't Splinter Cell, and a lot of your complaints seem to stem from that.

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
None of my complaints stem from that. I've never played Splinter Cell and I don't really have a reason to think this is from what I've seen of it.

Also, a lot of the times I've had trouble speed had very little to do with it. Unless by slow down you mean stop, line everything up perfectly, and then make the jump.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I think he means you should go play Splinter Cell. And if that isn't enough coercion, I have a pair of pliers and a strong suggestion to go play Splinter Cell. Preferably the first on the GameCube, and the rest on X-Box. Except for Double agent. Avoid that like the plague unless you get it on current gen consoles.

Do it. Pleeze?

Lego Star Wars.

Simplistic...I was annoyed with it until I realized I should treat it as such. Now, I rather enjoy it. It's smashing stuff up, bits of humor, and plastic-on-plastic violence set in Star Wars.

Plus podracing. I love podracing.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Wolfgang wrote:None of my complaints stem from that. I've never played Splinter Cell and I don't really have a reason to think this is from what I've seen of it.

Also, a lot of the times I've had trouble speed had very little to do with it. Unless by slow down you mean stop, line everything up perfectly, and then make the jump.
No, I mean stop sprinting at full speed across the rooftops.

You hold the right trigger, you run. You hold the A button, you sprint, and gain the ability to leap and free run, which results in a loss of accuracy.

The beautiful thing about AC's control system is that it's remarkably simple, but offers a lot of depth. I get running around, but the only time I ever had any problems like what you're describing came when I was holding the A button down constantly.

I last played Dragon Age: Origins.

Finally making some progress again, after putting it down for months. Hopefully, I can beat it this time. O.o

Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Tales of Vesperia

Going for a really good playthough. Battling a ton, and trying to pick up a plethora of sidequests. Wish me luck. :D
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Drewsov wrote:I last played Dragon Age: Origins.

Finally making some progress again, after putting it down for months. Hopefully, I can beat it this time. O.o
Final boss was hard. Like, killed everyone of my main party right off the bat except for the player character.

Last played that, actually. Going through it with a couple other profiles... about half way through with my duelist/assassin character.

<3 this game.

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Nix wrote:

Final boss was hard. Like, killed everyone of my main party right off the bat except for the player character.

Last played that, actually. Going through it with a couple other profiles... about half way through with my duelist/assassin character.

<3 this game.
I'm actually still stuck in the main plot, but I made a lot of progress with leveling last night.

That battle in the Alienage, though? Destroys me, every time. O.o

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Final Fantasy - close to the first elemental (earth) Not much character development in this game..on par with Dragon Warrior/Quest so far
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
SW: TFU

Almost done. When I do finish, this is going back to Gamestop.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Drewsov wrote:
Nix wrote:

<3 this game.
I'm actually still stuck in the main plot, but I made a lot of progress with leveling last night.

That battle in the Alienage, though? Destroys me, every time. O.o
Ah, yeah... that was a tough one.

What is your character and what party do you use?

Last played Brawl. Only 180 hours into the game at this point. We're slowing down. :(

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Tales of Symphonia

Wow... I was getting my butt kicked at the start. :P Getting used to it though. So far, I like Vesperia a lot more, but we'll see, we'll see.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.