KOTOR series

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Maybe so. I can't very well say it's impossible, since that'd be a tiny bit hypocritical.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Then I'm sorry, you're in for a real shock when you find yourself in one.

Just in case there was a misunderstanding, I meant that there are lose/lose situations in life, not every situation is one.
Ok, well yes I know that there's lose-lose situations, I was under the impression from your post that you were being all "WELL LIFE IS A LONG SERIES OF LOSE-LOSE SITUATIONS AND WELL THAT'S IT"
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Noooo, I wasn't trying to make THAT impression at all. XD

I was simply stating that I found the second game more "real" because (Especially toward the end of the game) you are faced with choices that have no real win. Not that life is all lose-lose. XD
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote:Noooo, I wasn't trying to make THAT impression at all. XD

I was simply stating that I found the second game more "real" because (Especially toward the end of the game) you are faced with choices that have no real win. Not that life is all lose-lose. XD
ok well then I would agree :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
So, I started playing this and I have been addicted for the past 4 days. I did like 9 hours in three days. O.o Right now I'm focusing more on speech skills, my character can talk her way out of most situations, which is good because I'm still not catching the hang of combat. Oh well. I beat Tatooine with hardly any trouble and right now, I'm working on Manaan. Which are the best party members to keep around? Right now I have Bastila and Mission with me. Mission is pretty much my best character, but she has barely any health and isn't too strong at fighting. Really high in the other areas though.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Sabercrazy
Gamer
Gamer
Here's the way I usually do it, due to strategic layout of the maps.

Kyyshik (However it's spelled), Manaan, Tatooine and then Korriban... And I don't remember any other planets...

And Mission and Bastila are next to useless when I play. I usually run around with Canderous and Zaldabar or however his name is spelled.

P.S. Buy the droid on Tatooine.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"An optimist is a man whom knows God will provide." - Me
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Sabercrazy wrote: And Mission and Bastila are next to useless when I play. I usually run around with Canderous and Zaldabar or however his name is spelled.
So pretty much use whatever characters suit you? Lol
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
You MUST take BAstila and Mission and walk around on Tatooine for the best cut-scene ever!
Sabercrazy
Gamer
Gamer
Pheonix wrote:
Sabercrazy wrote: And Mission and Bastila are next to useless when I play. I usually run around with Canderous and Zaldabar or however his name is spelled.
So pretty much use whatever characters suit you? Lol
Yup, and I almost think I've seen that cut-scene but it's been awhile. >_>
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"An optimist is a man whom knows God will provide." - Me
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Mission's awesome as a mine remover...and that's about it, unless you actually use stealth. Zaalbar's okay. Never liked having a walking carpet following me around. Both the droids suck. HK-47's funny, and the little one is a good hacker, otherwise there's not much reason to keep them. I seem to recall killing Juhani on at least one of my playthroughs. Didn't miss her.

Personally, I always used Carth and Canderous/Jolee, depending on whether I needed a force nuker or not.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
SSquared
It's been years, but I thought Mission was useful early on for her stealth or the ability to remove mines and maybe pick locks (Can you do that in the game? It's been so long I don't remember.) Mission also lets you concentrate on other abilities, and less on stealth stuff.

I generally used Bastilla in my party. I found her abilities to be useful.

But I always figured the game is hopefully made so it doesn't matter who you have. You can finish the game with whomever you have in your party.

Having certain characters in your party changes the conversations you have. The interactions between Mission and Bastilla can get pretty funny, as has already been pointed out with an interaction on Tatooine.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I ignore character classes. :D Typically, I played with Bastila and Carth, then Mission and Carth, then Mission and Bastila, Juhani and Jolee...Zaalbar when I go to Tatooine.

The characters all gain xp when the three party members do...I use them all.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I usually had bastila for force reasons along with whoever else would be useful on the particular planet
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
I usually had Bastila, Juhani, or Jolee with me as I love my Force powers. I can incapacitate and decimate a group in seconds with an all jedi team. Particularly droids.

Jolee and HK-47 are the most amusing characters IMO as almost everything based around them has some humorous element.

The astromech droid isn't too bad, but I usually have a high enough lockpick/computer/repair that I can handle most stuff I come across so I don't sacrifice the force powers.

Bastila, Carth, Juhani, Mission, and Zaalbar never really made much of an impression on me as far as characters. Sure they all have their own little backstory and character development that make them at least semi-unique, but they weren't people I wanted to bring along, with a minor exception of Bastila. However, she has a habit of being unavailable which gets a little annoying. Canderous could be entertaining at times, but HK-47 was more so and probably pretty similar as far as combat ability.

Mission is useful as the only scoundrel you get unless you go that route yourself, so she's got some unique class skills and backstabs are handy, especially if you have the mass stun/paralyze power for your alignment.

Personally though, I tend to play a Force heavy Consular. Which means I have whoever I can get on Taris when I'm weak. Then once I become a jedi I quickly outgrow the need for a team. Of course then I have a hard time with the final boss as Force powers don't do much against him.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Jolee's speakings on destiny taught me much about my own fate. >_>