What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
GameGuy07
Noob
Noob
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Majesty 2: Monster Kingdom
TheWampaKing
VIP Member
VIP Member
Zombies on black ops. i am obssessed with this mode @___@
"When the world flips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall"
"IT'S LIKE GIBBERISH ONLY IT'S IN PRINT." - DeadManReedeemed
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Assassin's Creed II

This game bridges the gap between my dislike of the first game, and my love of the equally flawed Overlord II. The atmosphere of the game actually draws me in so that when I do encounter the unpolished edges I'm not thrown out of the game and the pacing is close enough that I'm kept busy. Plus there are some improvements to the combat and platforming that make my complaints of the first one less. Overall I'd say that while the gameplay is better, I'd probably still end up having trouble with the game except for it's excellent presentation.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Realized that I never beat the game... so I'm working on it now. Mostly, I just wanted more Spider-Woman between comics. :P

Just beat the Frost Giant King. Not sure how much more I have to go. Funny that I enjoy it (more than God of War) despite ridiculously simple gameplay mechanics.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft - restarted the server
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
Some DA: Origins

and

The Witcher. Love this game, but really, the sexual content is just absurd.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Infamous.

On what I presume is the final boss battle.
Spoiler:
Quite honestly, I'm glad Trish is dead. She annoyed me to no end.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Halo Reach

Getting kinda annoyed with the people online again. A lot of them resort to really easy-to-beat tactics to win. Protip: Don't take a sniping spot that's easily visible and approachable from three locations. This does not make for many long lives.

annnd...

Mass Effect 2

Working on my second playthrough. Love it to death. XD
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Kendrik wrote:Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Realized that I never beat the game... so I'm working on it now. Mostly, I just wanted more Spider-Woman between comics. :P

Just beat the Frost Giant King. Not sure how much more I have to go. Funny that I enjoy it (more than God of War) despite ridiculously simple gameplay mechanics.
I love that game. Sooooooo much.

XIII

Playing it again...and enjoying it nearly as much as I did the first time through.
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
More Assassin's Creed II.

Still having a lot of fun with it for the most part. However notoriety seems to increase at odd times. I'll stab a guard in the street and not get any (or decrease it in certain cases), but I steal from someone and it goes up all the time? I don't understand it... or the guards placement of posters. I'm sure everyone will see it on a ledge twenty feet up in the air and hidden by a balcony. Also had a few missions that proved rather annoying. One where I couldn't be seen by my victims, but one would desync me at a glance, another got a good look and didn't desync me. The general traversing of the city hasn't really improved a whole lot from the last game either, might have actually gotten worse. You have a faster climb option that's somewhat situational and a climbing leap, but most of my complaints from the last one are still there or more noticeable. The game seems to be going senile when it comes to detecting where I want to go.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Super Street Fighter IV

Had to bust it out after watching a huge money match in Mahvel today. Turns out that my arcade stick, being wireless, really works better with fresh batteries than dead ones. Thus, I am happy with it again. :D

...still needs moddin' to be perfect, though. :P
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
MAG.

Had my first game with a 1.0 KDR. Was pretty happy about that.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Wolfgang wrote:More Assassin's Creed II.

Still having a lot of fun with it for the most part. However notoriety seems to increase at odd times. I'll stab a guard in the street and not get any (or decrease it in certain cases), but I steal from someone and it goes up all the time? I don't understand it... or the guards placement of posters. I'm sure everyone will see it on a ledge twenty feet up in the air and hidden by a balcony. Also had a few missions that proved rather annoying. One where I couldn't be seen by my victims, but one would desync me at a glance, another got a good look and didn't desync me. The general traversing of the city hasn't really improved a whole lot from the last game either, might have actually gotten worse. You have a faster climb option that's somewhat situational and a climbing leap, but most of my complaints from the last one are still there or more noticeable. The game seems to be going senile when it comes to detecting where I want to go.

I never had any of your problems of the original and you seem to make mountains out of molehills
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
I wouldn't say so. I don't know why you didn't have these problems (playing on the pc maybe?), but they are very prevalent for me and have a pretty big impact on the game. Admittedly the game is pretty easy already, so unless it causes you to botch an assassination it's not going to really prevent you from finishing the game, but it has a big impact on my enjoyment of the game.