What was the last game you played?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Completed a few missions, mainly doing my own thing here. The whole Strelok thing is a little too boring at the moment, so. :P

Also, ammo and money aren't really a problem for me. This is due to my hoarding tendencies that come from RPGs. :P

Though I'm not gonna lie, running out of machine gun ammunition is lame.
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
I should point out
Spoiler:
the whole Strelok thing is like Revan from KOTOR

STALKER: CoP

Installed a trader mod, so I now can buy .45 Hydrashock at will.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Yeah, I kinda gathered that. :P
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Assassin's Creed.

This is the worst game I've played in a long time if not ever. Pride is pretty much the only thing keeping me working at it. The mechanics fight me at every turn and seem to change from one moment to the next. Why do people like this? This game seems fundamentally broken.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
more S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Just did a ton of missions, and my hoarding paid off. I did three fetch quests simply by accepting and turning them in. XD
Nix
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Wolfgang wrote:Assassin's Creed.

This is the worst game I've played in a long time if not ever. Pride is pretty much the only thing keeping me working at it. The mechanics fight me at every turn and seem to change from one moment to the next. Why do people like this? This game seems fundamentally broken.
That makes no sense... if you're playing on 360 or PS3. I can't comment on the PC version, as I've not played it.

I'll admit that the combat takes a sec to get used to, but it works extremely well once you realize it's a game of countering. I don't get how it could be called broken. :?

Last played Dragon Age: Origins (late-er Christmas gift). The game rocks. I love it so far. Story has me hooked enough, and the combat/exploring is even better.

"Kissaki Kai is not like fighting an opponent, it is an execution."
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Nix wrote:
Wolfgang wrote:Assassin's Creed.

That makes no sense... if you're playing on 360 or PS3. I can't comment on the PC version, as I've not played it.

I'll admit that the combat takes a sec to get used to, but it works extremely well once you realize it's a game of countering. I don't get how it could be called broken. :?
Well, if you're referring to the story of the first game... :P
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Wolfgang
Gamer
Gamer
Story is completely irrelevant. The game is almost unplayable. Combat is both boring and terrible, platforming is crap, stealth is a joke, missions are horribly lazy. Then there's the population which won't stay dead. I've killed the same beggar woman at least a dozen times and she's always there when I come back later.
"Love is immortal... Too bad you aren't." Magoichi Saika (Samurai Warriors 2)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Maybe you're stuck in one of those Twilight Zone time loops they stick evil people in.

:D
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Halo: Reach

Played a lot of online stuff. Fun times overall. Confession: I like winning... almost as much as I dislike losing. Playing team-based games is not good for this when peepz of lesser skill be on the same console.

Blargh.

Gotta get the credits to unlock Birthday Party or whatever it's called. Confetti bursts after every death? Yes. I'm okay with that. XD

Edit: Before that, I played...

Alan Wake

...and it rocked my mind. Scared me, too. I may or may not have some fear of the dark... and it plays to that. I's all "NOOOOOO!"

Finished chapter two... of six, it seems. I definitely adore this game, though. O.o
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
STALKER.

Made it back to the science station, where they had, surprisingly, some really cool guns. The one I bought is an assault rifle which fires sniper rifle rounds and comes equipped with a grenade launcher. *insane laugh*

In my tests, I took down a 2 snorks and several zombies with one clip. <3 So awesome. Sawsome. Then, following Oro's advice, I went back down a tunnel I had apparently not found all the stuff in...and found a .45 ACP and Big Ben, a highly inaccurate yet incredibly strong pistol that also fires sniper rounds. Incredibly, the same type as my rifle uses. O_o I got rid of my second rifle...I hope to find a scope for this one, but I'm happy with it either way.

The pistol has the force and accuracy of a shotgun though, so...I don't miss my ranged weaponry so much.

And I found a boatlourd of medkits...I have around 22 now.

Upgraded my armor, weapons, and changed underpants. In short, I'm ready for whatever the Zone throws at me. Probably.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I played a little S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

didn't do too much, just get poised for a mission on my next session.

Bully.

Holy crap, this is so much fun. XD

Minecraft.

TNT drops + diving board + ultra-high tower = win.
Kendrik
CCGR addict
Halo: Reach

Played a pretty decently sized set with Drew and my brother. Fun times overall (though my more generous use of the mute button resulted in a more pleasant experience for me than Drew). I currently suck. Must improve. Muchly.

Still, the game is way more fun than I expected it to be. O.o
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Wolfgang wrote:Story is completely irrelevant. The game is almost unplayable. Combat is both boring and terrible, platforming is crap, stealth is a joke, missions are horribly lazy. Then there's the population which won't stay dead. I've killed the same beggar woman at least a dozen times and she's always there when I come back later.
It's not broken. Granted, combat could get better.

And "population could stay dead"? You realize that the game spawns NPCs on a section by section basis, right? It's how open-world games work. They stream off the disc, and refresh content constantly. It's not going to store info that says that you killed a beggar any more than GTA4 is going to keep your favorite car, should you walk three miles away and not leave it in a safe zone. It just doesn't happen. Marking down a game because of that shows a misunderstanding - at best - of the genre and the game.

I can't argue that the missions are repetitive in setup, but honestly, most of your problems come from your play style. This isn't Splinter Cell. It isn't Thief. It isn't Metal Gear Solid. Assassin's Creed is a whole other beast, and the series only improves. Stop playing if you hate it.
Kendrik wrote:Halo: Reach

Played a pretty decently sized set with Drew and my brother. Fun times overall (though my more generous use of the mute button resulted in a more pleasant experience for me than Drew). I currently suck. Must improve. Muchly.

Still, the game is way more fun than I expected it to be. O.o
I didn't think the guy would be so annoying... O.o

Anyway.

Yeah.

I last played Reach with Kenny and his brother. Came out on top a few times... to my surprise. All that LAN stuff has made me better than I thought. :P

My, ah, sarcastic side really came to the fore a couple of times tonight. XD

Still... I need to improve. XD
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Keero
I agree.

Assassin's Creed one was crap. The controls were just fine on the PC, but overall, the game was a chore. Became paint by numbers dull and the overall story was kinda meh. Did I have fun at times? Sure. But the game was still a chore.