Minecraft, Gaming, and Parenting

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Pal
Noob
Noob
Hello All. It will probably become quickly evident that I am new here and am way behind most in understanding gaming and gadgets. I was hoping I could get some advise about Minecraft, and maybe even easy to follow directions or steps to take so as to open up Minecraft for my kid. I don't know much at all about it, but have figured out that it could be quite dangerous, at least, from my perspective. Is it possible to set Minecraft up so that my child would be interacting only with others of believing homes? As far as resources at our disposal, we have an X Box One, but our internet is Chinese and often slow. Any thoughts and, especially, what baby steps to take would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Welcome! In regards to Minecraft the most you can do is look into the servers your kids play on. We have a server (http://prism.ccgr.org) that has Christian players on it, but it's for the PC version of Minecraft so I don't think the Xbox can connect to it.