What is up with some of the newer Video games?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
donnabright
Noob
Noob
I am very angry at some of these video games, like Tomb raider, the newer one, and Rise of the Tomb raider. In both games I heard the GD word. Both tomb raider games, take the Lords name in vain. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, they talk bad about the Trinity, and messiah. What is a going on with the newer Tomb raider games? They killed laura off. I can't play her, now.
If you do not get how bad these games are, look it up, and you will find out what I say is true, that is what I did.

Also in Lighting Returns by FF has very nasty is language, blood, and blasphemies big time.
These video games need the trash bin. Yes, my opinion.
I do play FF X, XI, XII, XIII, and XIII-2. That is all for now, and I play some Kingdom Hearts.

I play some FF games and a few Tomb raider games. I like Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld.
I would play the older Tomb raider, but I have to get really good at keyboard commands.

I really like Prince of Persia. No swearing, No twisting religions, just fighting, and puzzle solving.
I also like decent racing games, but no GTA, that is bad game. I do not want to beat hookers over the head, and what does that have to do with racing. lol. I just like the regular racing games, with no junk in it.
J.K. Riki
Well games are generally a secular endeavor, and many of them target an audience who likes swearing and bad-mouthing religion. (And let's be honest, with some of the things we've done over the years in the name of God, there's plenty of fodder for bad-mouthing.) But yeah, it's not ideal in my view either. I'm not a huge fan of playing games with cursing, and I had to walk away from Bayonetta because of the dark and ugly themes (beyond the sexuality, which I have less of an issue with than the language, violence, and general "evilness" of the early part of that game I played). Which is a shame, because I really enjoyed the game part of the game from what I experienced! I wish developers would consider putting in a Content Filter that, if nothing else, censored the cursing in any game they made. Have such a filter off by default, no problem, but the OPTION being there would be nice.
donnabright
Noob
Noob
I am just glad there are video games I can play, but yes, some games are too far out there for me to play.
I like the older Tomb raider from TB raider 1- 8- All the way up to Underworld.
I also like Final Fantasy, esp, X, XI, XII (Zodiac age), XIII and XIII-2. FF 9 was boring, though it was a big hit for FF.
FF 7 has a blaspheme, and takes the Lords name in vain, from what I read on this website. I got rid of the game.
Also POP is decent, just a lot of fighting, and scary monsters, so not bad, for a video game.
And I love Gran Trismo, Need for Speed, Carbon, and Nascar games.

I know it sucks when you enjoy a game and then it is ruined by someone twisting religion, or cussing, or whatever.
I agree there should be an option to turn the bad language off, and also the cut scenes, esp if those CS are offensive.
Though some video games have a skip option for the CS, which is nice. But not all games have that feature.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I've beat Final Fantasy's 1-8 and only played a short amount of 9. Like movies, many games are very secular and have a ton of violence, language, and sexual content in them. They're even political now too, the game my husband is playing offers a "they" gender option. The best thing you can do is vote with your wallet and don't support developers that produce games that you're convicted not to play.
CGBSpender
Noob
Noob
Do you have the same problem when it's the antagonists acting like this? Just curious.
TheRealYlias
Noob
Noob
I think most of the games today are focused on what people want for themselves to be honest. It is meant to be a way to create an alter ego and do stuff that you want to do instead of what we should be doing. Its why I cannot stand most of the current games. Its all about people doing what they want and so filled with negative influences that people actually start acting that way as well.
ANC46
Noob
Noob
donnabright wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 am I am just glad there are video games I can play, but yes, some games are too far out there for me to play.
I like the older Tomb raider from TB raider 1- 8- All the way up to Underworld.
I also like Final Fantasy, esp, X, XI, XII (Zodiac age), XIII and XIII-2. FF 9 was boring, though it was a big hit for FF.
FF 7 has a blaspheme, and takes the Lords name in vain, from what I read on this website. I got rid of the game.
Also POP is decent, just a lot of fighting, and scary monsters, so not bad, for a video game.
And I love Gran Trismo, Need for Speed, Carbon, and Nascar games.

I know it sucks when you enjoy a game and then it is ruined by someone twisting religion, or cussing, or whatever.
I agree there should be an option to turn the bad language off, and also the cut scenes, esp if those CS are offensive.
Though some video games have a skip option for the CS, which is nice. But not all games have that feature.

I should try some of the Endless Space 4x strategy games by Amplitude. Best I can tell, they have very little if any content that offends Christian sensibilities.
ANC46
Noob
Noob
TheRealYlias wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:18 pm I think most of the games today are focused on what people want for themselves to be honest. It is meant to be a way to create an alter ego and do stuff that you want to do instead of what we should be doing. Its why I cannot stand most of the current games. Its all about people doing what they want and so filled with negative influences that people actually start acting that way as well.
It can be fairly said that computer games, or at least some of them, as a form of escapism can be alright as a form of entertainment, so long as they are done in moderation and that one doesn't let them be something that starts to impinge on one doing their devotions in Scripture daily. I can quite concur, however, that quite a lot of modern games have themes that are completely inappropriate for Christians, and that can make them a snare. I DO wish that some company would take the effort to make RPGs, for instance, that are suitable for Christians to play that don't outrage their sensibilities or otherwise contain inappropriate content In the meantime, I can't recommend strongly enough that Christian parents take care to closely monitor what games their children and teenagers play or that they buy for them, and be sure to correct any inappropriate behavior or unchristian ideas they pick up for them as soon as they occur with gentle disciple through Scripture. Too many parents treat the computer as a sort of baby sitter, the same as the TV and phone, and that can be very dangerous to a child's development and emotional growth, spiritually and otherwise.