Huge game bundle! But what is the real cost?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
I'm usually on the prowl for great game deals, and there is one that did catch my eye. However, you may have noticed that I didn't post this under the "deals" section, because I wanted to focus more on what exactly the buyer would be getting in to.

Called "A Good Bundle," the deal is put together by itch.io, and there are several tiers. The biggest tier is $20, and nets you a whopping 151 games! These include some that we've reviewed here, including Gone Home and Catlateral Damage. Now before you dash out and pay for it, you need to read to the end.

Most of the games in this bundle look pretty bad. Not just pretty bad, but abysmally bad. As in, if you got the game for free, you'd still demand your money back bad. Aside from a couple in the top tier, there really isn't anything here that would make this bundle worth buying.

But that's actually a minor point, in the grand scheme of things. If you take a look at the inspiration behind the bundle, it claims "A bunch of creators are sharing their works to combat some of the ugliness in our world." However, all the proceeds are going to support the ACLU (an organization which, based on its sue-happy track record, is extremely anti-Christian) and Planned Parenthood (an organization that makes money by chopping up unborn children and selling their parts at taxpayer's expense). Frankly, I wouldn't consider either one of these organizations to be even close to the pinnacle of goodness or morality.

Even if there were games in this bundle that I would want, I wouldn't purchase it. I don't like the idea of my hard-earned money going to causes that oppose my own ethics and morality. I've passed on some other bundles that I've seen before, but this one really takes the cake in terms of "bundles to avoid."

But that's just my opinion. What do you think?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thanks for posting this and I'd avoid it for the same reasons :\
Kyuremu
Noob
Noob
Makes sense that a questionable bundle would have controversial games included like Gone Home and Read Only Memories.

ROM is really good from what I've heard, though there's a lot of pandering to transexuals and pronoun usage blegh.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Kyuremu wrote: ROM is really good from what I've heard, though there's a lot of pandering to transexuals and pronoun usage blegh.
I hadn't heard that about ROM. I think I have it (let me check... yep, it's in my huge Humble Bundle library. Sigh, so many games, so little time...). We really should write a review of that game so that others will be able to tell what's in it that could be controversial.

Does anyone else own it besides me? :lol:
Kyuremu
Noob
Noob
If you'd like to watch a good review video on it I suggest looking up Avalanche Reviews on YouTube. His video outlines these issues pretty well.