Fictional Character Bracket

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Should we do a second bracket?

Yes!
100%
No.
No votes
Maybe later.
No votes

Total votes: 4
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Daisy: 10
Toad: 11
Rosilina: 4
Peach: 6
Elsa: 3
Bowser: 1
Cookie Monster: 11

I want to be able to include other characters besides Mario and Minecraft characters, but I don't know much outside that area.

Sstavix, could you post a brief description of the other characters in your list?

Characters with one weakness should probably not be included. Since the matchups can end up going either way, it would not be fair.
We want to use characters that are not OP and can be defeated with a variety of weapons. Characters with a immunity to one thing (Elsa Immune to ice for example) can be used.

What do you guys think about this list:
Flash: 1
Batman: 2
Perry the Platypus: 6 or 7
B1 Battle Droid (Star Wars): 14
Super Battle Droid (Star Wars): 10 or 11
Clone Trooper (Star Wars): 10 or 11
Stormtrooper (Star Wars): 9 or 10
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I'll agree with all ranks outside of Mario and Minecraft. Since I have no idea what their abilities and weaknesses are and other people most likely know better than I do with those characters. There might be a few out there (like cookie monster) that I recognize from time to time.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
If you don't mind I am going to wait for someone who knows more about the characters.

JIL, could you give me some ranks for Minecraft Mobs?
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I'm wondering if there should be a limit to the number of characters from any given franchise. Say, three?

As for the characters, I'm thinking that any character who has a tendency to be a reality warper should be placed in the "overpowered" category. Whether that's due to the character actually having said powers (e.g. Discord from My Little Pony, Q from Star Trek) or if they can do it just for the laughs (Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony, Bugs Bunny from... well, you know).

So, given that, I'll touch on my other suggestions. With links!

Gandalf the White (a.k.a Gandalf the Grey) - From "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit," he is considered to be one of the most powerful wizards in Middle Earth. Still, some have been hard-pressed to determine what spells he actually casts in the books. I'd give him a rank of 4, mainly because of his wisdom and experience, as well as a kick-butt beard.

Katniss Everdeen - The protagonist from "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. A survivor of "the Hunger Games," where she managed to defeat 23 other young players using her wits and a bow and a set of arrows. If that wasn't enough, she's dragged into the arenas again, and ends up spurring a revolution in the process. Not bad for a young girl! If she has any weaknesses, it's that she can get in way over her head and overwhelmed by what's happening around her. She's a survivor, though. I'd rank her as a 5, because even though she's tough-as-nails, she doesn't have any special powers or skills.

Skull the Troll - Formerly Brent's "imaginary friend," the big blue troll is now a fixture of the offices of the (fictional) gaming magazine PvP. Skull has a child-like innocence about him, despite his massive size. He's nigh invulnerable and strong as an ox, but about as threatening as a basket full of kittens. I'd rank him as a 7 or 8, but he could go as low as 10.

"Codex" - The main character of the Web series "The Guild." She's nervous, shy and neurotic, suffers from nervous breakdowns, and has a gaming addiction that causes her to be fired from her job - and even appointments with her addiction counselor. However, she also serves as the lynch pin for the Guild, and is capable of pulling off feats under pressure that really make her and her friends shine. In game, at least. As a normal human with lots of mental issues, I'd easily place her in the bottom ranks. With her ability to pull victory from the jaws of defeat, though, she might be a surprise underdog.

River Tam - A refugee aboard the smuggling ship Serenity, she had been rescued by her brother, Simon. Subjected to experiments and torture by the sinister Parliament, her psychic powers were unlocked... at the price of her sanity. Her powers to read thoughts and emotions around her, coupled with her "off the charts intellect" makes her an exceedingly dangerous fighter... which she demonstrated once time by taking on an entire contingent of armed Reavers and winning. If it wasn't for her mental instability, I'd ranker higher than a 7... but once she gets going, it's believed that nothing can stop her.

I've considered other suggestions as well, including Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek), Yoda (Star Wars), The Doctor (Dr. Who), Optimus Prime (Transformers), Red (Angry Birds), Wolverine (X-Men / Marvel) and Bob the Tomato (VeggieTales)... but it's almost 11:30 here, and I need to go to bed. :lol:
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Nah, I think we should be able to put as many characters from one franchise as we want. Though each franchise should be about even in characters.

Ok Zap I'll list off some minecraft mobs.

Zombie: Probably one of the most dumb mobs in the game, all he can really do is punch you and occaisonally wield a weapon or armor (even rarer enchanted). He is very vulnerable and is only immune to regeneration and poison potions. Due to him being undead he is healed by splash potions of harming and harmed by splash potions of healing. He can burn in sunlight. I'd rank him as 14 or 15.

Skeleton: Smarter AI than the Zombie, but still pretty weak. He is capable of ranged attacks like Katniss is. Unlike the zombie the skeleton cannot wield a different weapon besides the bow (unless he finds a weapon on the ground and is capable of picking it up). The skeleton can spawn with armor and every so often an enchanted bow. Overall I think he is smart but is very vulnerable. He can burn in sunlight as well. He is effected by potions exactly the same as the zombie is. I'd rank him as 10.

Spider: He is sneaky, but weak. He will attack by launching and pounding at you multiple times over. Unlike the zombie and skeleton he isn't capable of picking up weapons and armor. He is also immune to the slowness of cobwebs. I would rank him 12.

Cave Spider: Basically just an improved version of the spider. He has all the abilities of the normal spider along with some added abilities. He has the ability to poison you for a few seconds, and is harder to attack due to his smaller body. He can also fit through smaller openings than normal spiders can. I would rank him 9.

I'll post more mobs later, this is just to get started.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Oh Boy.

Time for some rankings.

Gandalf: 4
Codex: 15
Skull the Troll: 8
River Tam: 7
Katniss Everdeen: 5

There you go!
Thanks for the helpful info!

There could be a limit from other franchises of 5+, with the exception of Mario and Minecraft.
My Reasons for the exceptions:
Minecraft: Mobs make very good placeholders, as well as holding some higher slots (Blazes, Ghasts, Enderman)
Mario: Good all-around characters, they can fill all sorts of slots.

I was thinking that Jedi like Yoda are a bit OP.

I like the variety of characters we are getting! Also, if someone has the time, could you go over my list from my earlier post?

I will do a ranking for the different Angry Birds:
Red Bird AKA Red: 8, determined to protect eggs, but lacks firepower.
Yellow Bird AKA Chuck: 7, Fast, but tends to let his attention wander.
Black Bird AKA Bomb: 6, Explosive and powerful
Blue Bird AKA The Blues: 8 Great Teamwork, but lacks firepower.
White Bird: 7, Drops Explosive eggs.

That is for the common Angry Birds, and it adds up right to 5 :) Also, do you guys think these are good rankings for the Angry Birds?

Minecraft Mobs:
Zombie: 15
Skeleton: 11
Spider: 12
Cave Spider: 10

Lastly, I want to say how surprised I am with the turnout and involvement of Forum Users! I thought that it would take at least 15 days to get all of our characters, and we have 21/64 on the bracket, and 16 more characters to be reviewed and ranked! All in less than 2 days!
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I'll rattle off a few more Mario characters.

Koopa Troopa: Mainly makes up Bowser's army. They are very weak in offence but not to bad in defense. When attacked they will (in most games) retreat into their shells. Their shells then can be used against other enemies. I would rate them 15 due to their horrible offense, but pretty good defense. The defense can be used against them though.

Magikoopa: Another member of Bowser's army. This strong member possesses magic and can use it anytime he pleases. When his magic touches a block it turns into a random weak enemy and occiasonally something good (mushroom or coin). He can also temporarily power up other characters to increase their attack power. He can be easily defeated though with just a single stomp. I'd rate him 8 for great offense but absolutely horrible defense.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Koopa Troopa: 15
Magikoopa: 8

23/64 characters on bracket, 16 to be reviewed.

I will swap out or move Placeholder Characters like MC Zombie if another character with more features is suggested for the same slot.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
You can move Zombie down to 16 if you want.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
His position will likely depend on the other character rankings.
I post too much.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
List or "To Be Reviewed" Characters, suggested rankings, and information.

Flash: 1, Speedster and Superhero, Max Speed in The Flash TV Show: Around 5000 Miles Per Hour
Batman: 2
Perry the Platypus: 7, Secret Agent Platypus, fights Dr. Doofenshmirtz
B1 Battle Droid (Star Wars): 14, Separatist Troops
Super Battle Droid (Star Wars): 10 or 11, Separatist Heavy Troops
Clone Trooper (Star Wars): 10 or 11, Republic Troops
Stormtrooper (Star Wars): 9 or 10, Imperial Troops
Bob the Tomato: 12 or 13, Main Character in VeggieTales
Larry the Cucumber: 13 or 14: Main Character in VeggieTales
Jean-Luc Picard: 7 or 8, Captain of Enterprise D and E
Wolverine
Dr. Who
Red Bird AKA Red: 8, determined to protect eggs, but lacks firepower.
Yellow Bird AKA Chuck: 7, Fast, but tends to let his attention wander.
Black Bird AKA Bomb: 4, Explosive and powerful
Blue Bird AKA The Blues: 8, Great Teamwork, but lacks firepower.
White Bird: 7, Drops Explosive eggs.
Captain America: 3, Super Soldier, Uses a shield
Iron Man: 2, Superhero, High-Tech Armor
Zoom (The Flash TV show): 1, Speedster and Supervillain, enemy of Flash, Max speed in The Flash TV show: Around 5000 Miles Per Hour.
Reverse-Flash (The Flash TV show): 2, Speedster and Supervillian, Enemy of Flash, Max Speed in The Flash TV show: Around 1500 Miles Per Hour

Optimus Prime is a bit OP for this bracket.

Please comment on this list, it took quite a bit of time to put together!
Last edited by ZappierVirus on Mon May 16, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I post too much.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I've been watching this thread and I have to admit it's a little over my head! (My own fault for not keeping up with things, sorry.)
However if I do understand what I'm reading, I have a suggested contestant or two that might be worth looking into. Not sure of rank or anything but here's what I know:

Sonic the Hedgehog: Very fast walker and even faster runner and can go super-fast when rolled into a ball. While rolled up and rolling his spikes can cause great damage.
Tails: Can fly. Has a talent with machines and gadgets/gizmos.
Knuckles: Fully prepared and quite capable hand-to-hand fighter. Has a punch like no other which can crush rocks.
Dr Robotnik: Uncanny ability to control robots. Can manipulate most electronic systems.

Sure hope this blockheaded submission isn't a waste of your time! (BTW, my money's on Sonic!)
Peace!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
:D

Sonic: 4
Tails: 6
Kuuckles: 5
Dr. Robotnik: 5

I am assuming that all you suggestions are from Sonic the Hedgehog related things, correct?

Also, do you think that my previous rank suggestions are OK? I want some more opinions before I add them to the bracket.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I really have no idea what to rank with the ones you suggested.

By Dr. Robotnick do you mean Dr. Eggman? If he is a totally separate character I apologize, I don't know the Sonic series extremely well but have minor knowledge with the series.

Few more Mario characters I'm suggesting:

Bob-omb: Rank maybe like 11. He can explode and when needed can run fast. His explosion is really powerful but doesn't have very good defense and no other attacks. He normally triggers his warning to explode when attacked.

Baby Mario: Rank maybe 5 or 6. Baby version of Mario, I would allow him to do about everything Mario can do, except weaker.
Baby Luigi: Rank 6 or 7. Baby version of Luigi, I would allow him to do everything Luigi can do, except weaker.
Boo: Rank like 9: Not very strong offensive wise, but has great defense. Can turn invisible and be completely immune to damage, but only for a short time, light will still damage him, but nothing else. His weakness is light. He normally likes to try to scare people.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Bomb-omb: 11
Baby Mario: 5
Baby Luigi: 6
Boo: 9

I have decided to go ahead and rank The Flash as a 1 just so I can say this: We are halfway done!!!! 32/64 characters on the bracket, and 20 "To Be Reviewed"!!! Only 14 more suggestions and we are done with Step 1!

(FYI, this is a long term project, so don't expect the whole thing to be done in 3 days)

One more thing. All of the available slots for ranks 5, 6, and 11 have been filled, so don't use those ranks when suggesting ranks.

I also edited the rank suggestions on my "To Be Reviewed" list I posted earlier.

I edited my original post to include an optional step 2.
I post too much.