Fictional Character Bracket

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Should we do a second bracket?

Yes!
100%
No.
No votes
Maybe later.
No votes

Total votes: 4
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
So if I understand this right, there's a few more matches in this line-up, then we start another bracket?
I've already got several names to toss into the, erm, fire, mainly cartoons though!
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Sounds good!

I'll give Sstavix till the 18th to do his picks, then I will move on to round 2. Sorry.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Lucky day! I won't be around for about a week, so I don't want to get started on a whole new poll and round. Have some time to work out your picks, Sstavix!
I post too much.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Ah! Somehow I missed the new match-ups. I'll take a look later and see what I can come up with. :)
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ZappierVirus wrote: #1 Mario vs #8 Magikoopa
#5 Knuckles vs #4 Gandalf
#6 Tails vs #3 MC Iron Golem
#7 Heat Wave vs #2 Magneto
#1 Bowser vs #9 Boo
#5 Dr. Eggman vs #4 Rosilina
#6 Baby Luigi vs #3 Captain America
#10 Yellow Bird vs #2 Luigi
#1 The Flash vs #9 Herman Munster
#5 Baby Mario vs #4 Sonic
#6 Peach vs #3 Elsa
#7 River Tam vs #2 Reverse-Flash
#1 Zoom vs #8 Perry the Platypus
#5 Katniss Everdeen vs #4 Captain Cold
#6 MC Enderman vs #3 Bowser Jr
#10 Daisy vs #2 Iron Man
OK, let's see what we've got here....

Mario vs. Magikoopa? I really hate Magikoopa / Kamek... because a good portion of my deaths in Super Mario World came from him. If my gaming history is any indicator, then Magikoopa is the unfortunate winner. Grumble grumble.....

Knuckles vs. Gandalf... this is an odd match-up. I'm leaning towards Knuckles, though, because we've seen what he can do. Gandalf can talk to birds and confront balrogs and... well, change his clothes from grey to white. :lol:

Tails vs. a Minecraft Iron Golem. One of the main attacks of an iron golem is to toss its opponents into the air... which is pretty much a useless attack against a flying creature like Tails. I'm not sure what Tails could do to the golem, though... maybe lure it over a cliff or something. I'll give Tails the win here.

Dinner time! I'll focus on the others later.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I'll do a couple of these with characters I know.

Mario VS magikoopa? As long as Mario doesn't get hit by the magikoopa's magic and gets turned into an old goomba or any other weak enemy, Mario should be in the clear for this one. (Would be pathetic and saddening if Mario did somehow lose)

Tails VS Iron Golem? Eh...Tails can fly, and the iron golem will be on the ground helplessly flailing his arms trying to attack Tails. Then all Tails would have to do is lure the Iron golem into a crowd of zombies/skeletons or get him to fall into lava. Tails wins!!

Bowser Vs Boo? Bowser would have this in the clear. All Bowser would need to do is sneak up on the Boo and surprise attack him with a jump, fire breath, or any other attack he has. There, Boo problems are forever over!

Dr. Eggman VS Rosalina? Interesting match-up, Dr. Eggman is pretty smart and really good at machines, but Rosalina is way more powerful offensive wise. In the end, I think Rosalina would win, especially if she turned her ship into a comet and just soared through Dr. Eggman's stuff.

Yellow Bird VS Luigi? Seriously...I don't think I even need to say who would win here. Once Yellow Bird shoots from his sling all Luigi would have to do is move out of the way and not get blasted by him. Then Yellow Bird is helpless and Luigi is free to use whatever he pleases to defeat him. Luigi wins!!

Baby Mario VS Sonic? Well, I will say for one that baby Mario is definetely WAY slower than Sonic. All Sonic would need to do is ram right through baby Mario with his super speed. Baby Mario wouldn't even get much of a chance to attack, plus his target would be moving super fast. Sonic wins!!

Peach VS Elsa? Elsa is way more powerful than Peach is. She can use all sorts of ice attacks and summon snow monsters. Though if Peach gets REALLY lucky and her umbrella holds up she might have a chance of winning by deflecting all of Elsa's shots back at her. Peach wins!

Enderman VS Bowser Jr? Hmmmmm...this is interesting. The enderman would be able to teleport away from Bowser Jr's attacks, but Bowser Jr could probably get some shots in if he shoots fast enough. And if somehow they got into a fist fight (by the enderman teleporting onto Bowser Jr's ship), the enderman would probably win. Though if he never does teleport up Bowser Jr would probably win. With enderman having a lower chance of teleporting up to Bowser Jr (if it was a random teleport), and Bowser Jf having a higher chance of hitting him (if shooting quite fast), Bowser Jr would probably win.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I like your thinking, JIL. Way to analyze the characters!
ZappierVirus wrote: #7 Heat Wave vs #2 Magneto
Since I'm unfamiliar with the Flash's rogue gallery, I had to do some research. So it looks like Heat Wave isn't supernatural, but his abilities come from his technology. And I highly doubt he's built his flamethrower out of wood, plastic or leather. Magneto's got this one in the bag.
ZappierVirus wrote: #1 Bowser vs #9 Boo
I don't think this is even a fight - Boo is a subject of the mighty Bowser. One clenched fist and a ferocious roar, and Boo will turn a shade of pale that's unnatural even for a ghost.
ZappierVirus wrote: #5 Dr. Eggman vs #4 Rosilina
I think JIL called this one pretty well. Despite his genius, I don't think Eggman could really stand up to Rosalina's pure power.
ZappierVirus wrote: #6 Baby Luigi vs #3 Captain America
I don't think Cap could bring himself to harm a baby. He is more than capable of capturing him and taking him to the authorities, so the police can look for Luigi's parents, though. America wins again!
ZappierVirus wrote: #10 Yellow Bird vs #2 Luigi
Yellow bird can fly fast! Yellow bird can crash through wood! Yellow bird... can be hopped over. Luigi wins!
ZappierVirus wrote: #1 The Flash vs #9 Herman Munster
Herman Munster is nigh invulnerable. He also is as slow as a tank. Flash can tie his shoelaces together and laugh as poor Herman takes a tumble. As lovable as they are, I think the Munsters are outclassed for this challenge.
ZappierVirus wrote: #5 Baby Mario vs #4 Sonic
Baby Mario can ride Yoshi! Baby Mario can ride a stroller! Baby Mario... would still have trouble keeping up with Sonic. Sonic wins!
ZappierVirus wrote:#6 Peach vs #3 Elsa
This could be an interesting match-up. Peach could ignore whatever Elsa threw at her with the power of her umbrella... but is largely immobile while sheltered underneath it. Once Elsa learns this, all she has to do is bury Peach under an avalanche, and the win is hers!
ZappierVirus wrote:#7 River Tam vs #2 Reverse-Flash
This could be an interesting match-up, but short-lived. Reverse-Flash (still a stupid name for a super villain, if you ask me. It would make more sense if his "power" was the ability to make the world around him slow... but no, he's just another Flash wanna-be. How unoriginal... ahem, where was I?) Reverse-Flash might have significant speed, but he can't compensate for River's largely unknown power - her psychic abilities. While RF might be able to outrun River, he can't out-think her. He'll make his move... but River's already read his mind and moved to block it. Before too long he'll get desperate and sloppy... and then he'll fall into Ms. Tam's hands. As demonstrated a few times in the series and the movie, River doesn't even need to be looking at her opponent(s) in order to strike - or shoot - them. Being able to move faster than the eye can follow is not a problem for our poor little girl mental patient. River wins!
ZappierVirus wrote:#1 Zoom vs #8 Perry the Platypus
Ooh, I didn't see this one coming. Perry's smart, but I don't think he'd have the skills to defeat yet another evil Flash clone. Unless Zoom is dumb enough to put a self-destruct button on his suit, I think he's got this match. Too bad, too, because Perry was one of the few characters I thought would be able to defeat Magneto.
ZappierVirus wrote:#5 Katniss Everdeen vs #4 Captain Cold
This one would be a very difficult match to call, because they are pretty evenly matched. I'd say it all comes down to the arena. Katniss has some uncanny skills with turning the environment to her advantage, whether it's a forested environment, or a city-scape. The place where she suffers, however, is out in the open. When she's exposed, she tends to make a pretty easy target. I would give the edge to Katniss, but that's simply because of personal preferences (she is one of the good guys, after all. ;) )
ZappierVirus wrote: #6 MC Enderman vs #3 Bowser Jr
I agree with JIL that this would be a bizarre match-up. Like with the previous one, it would come down to the environment. If Bowser Jr. was smart - and sometimes he is - he would try to navigate his ship over the open ocean. (Given his first appearance was Super Mario Sunshine, this isn't much of a stretch.) As we all know, water kills Endermen instantly. The question is, would Bowser Jr. be able to figure this out before Enderman teleported behind him and slapped him around like a little turtle kid? I'd have to decide this one with a coin flip.
ZappierVirus wrote: #10 Daisy vs #2 Iron Man
I don't think Daisy - or Peach, for that matter - would be much opposition for old Shellhead. Iron Man wins!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
I did a coin flip, and it came up heads for Bowser Jr.

Thanks for the picks! The next set of votes has been posted!

Also, it looks like there will be a Flash vs Sonic matchup. Interesting.
I post too much.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
This is quite interesting.
Hmmmm....
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
The bracket should shoot by now, so the possibility of another bracket is high.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Character options are the same as last time.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Yes, but the matchups are different. Just like a NCAA bracket.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
From the looks of it the match ups are exactly the same.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Original Matchups:

#1 Mario vs #16 MC Zombie
#8 Magikoopa vs #9 Black Bird
#5 Kunckles vs #12 James Bond
#4 Gandalf vs #13 Eddie Munster
#6 Tails vs #11 Toad
#3 MC Iron Golem vs #14 Grandpa Munster
#7 Heat Wave vs #10 MC Cave Spider
#2 Magneto vs #15 Lily Munster

#1 Bowser vs #16 MC Silverfish
#8 Clone Trooper vs #9 Boo
#5 Dr. Robotnik/Eggman vs #12 MC Spider
#4 Rosilina vs #13 Bob the Tomato
#6 Baby Luigi vs #11 Bomb-omb
#3 Captain America vs #14 Larry the Cucumber
#7 Stormtrooper vs #10 Yellow Bird
#2 Luigi vs #15 Koopa Troopa

#1 Flash vs #16 MC Endermite
#8 Skull the Troll vs #9 Herman Munster
#5 Baby Mario vs #12 Red Bird
#4 Sonic vs #13 Dr. Doofenshmirtz
#6 Peach vs #11 MC Skeleton
#3 Elsa vs #14 B1 Battle Droid
#7 River Tam vs #10 White Bird
#2 Reverse-Flash vs #15 Pinky & The Brain

#1 Zoom vs #16 Goomba
#8 Perry the Platypus vs #9 Piranha Plant
#5 Katniss Everdeen vs #12 Blue Birds
#4 Captain Cold vs #13 Conan the Barbarian
#6 MC Enderman vs #11 Cookie Monster
#3 Bowser Jr. vs #14 Ghast
#7 MC Wither Skeleton vs #10 Daisy
#2 Iron Man vs #15 Codex

New Matchups:

#1 Mario vs #8 Magikoopa
#5 Knuckles vs #4 Gandalf
#6 Tails vs #3 MC Iron Golem
#7 Heat Wave vs #2 Magneto

#1 Bowser vs #9 Boo
#5 Dr. Eggman vs #4 Rosilina
#6 Baby Luigi vs #3 Captain America
#10 Yellow Bird vs #2 Luigi

#1 The Flash vs #9 Herman Munster
#5 Baby Mario vs #4 Sonic
#6 Peach vs #3 Elsa
#7 River Tam vs #2 Reverse-Flash

#1 Zoom vs #8 Perry the Platypus
#5 Katniss Everdeen vs #4 Captain Cold
#6 MC Enderman vs #3 Bowser Jr
#10 Daisy vs #2 Iron Man
I post too much.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
The votes are in!

#1 Mario defeats #8 Magikoopa 4 to 1!
#4 Gandalf defeats #5 Kunckles 4 to 1!
In an upset, #6 Tails defeats #3 MC Iron Golem 5 to 0!
#2 Magneto defeats #7 Heat Wave 4 to 1!
#1 Bowser defeats #9 Boo 5 to 0!
In another upset, #5 Dr. Eggman defeats #4 Rosilina 3 to 2!
#3 Captain America defeats #6 Baby Luigi 5 to 0!
#2 Luigi defeats #10 Yellow Bird 5 to 0!

No Ties!

The next set of matchups will be posted to vote on later today.

Sstavix, I need your advice on deciding Tails vs Magneto. I don't know enough about either character to make a good judgement.
I post too much.