Nintendo Switch

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
IronBit
Noob
Noob
ImperialR wrote:
JesusIsLord713 wrote:Another couple rumors have popped up regarding the games again. This time it's a little more weird.

Pokemon Sun and Moon will possibly get an enhanced version on the Switch.

Another Mario game is scheduled for launch, and this one is pretty odd...

It's called (for right now) "Mario RPG: Invasion of the Rabbids". Rabbids are characters that are part of the "Raving Rabbids" series that the company Ubisoft has made (I think that's the name of the series, I don't exactly know though), and Ubisoft is working with Nintendo on creating this game. This game would focus less on the core characters of the Mario universe (well except of course for Mario), so characters like Luigi might not make as big of an appearance. While on the other hand the game would focus more on more minor characters in the RPG series such as Yoshi, in which they say Yoshi would be a primary party member. Bowser is also supposed to appear (of course) and I'm pretty curious as to what his role would be...as I can't see him as the primary villain this time.

So technically this is another Mario RPG crossover like Mario and Luigi Paper Jam was, except that these Rabbid characters are not part of the Mario universe.

...Ok the Sun and Moon thing I think is true but...The Rayman Spinoff character crossover...Proooobably isn't happening.
I totally agree... But I hope that there will be a new Splatoon!! :D
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
IronBit wrote:I totally agree... But I hope that there will be a new Splatoon!!
If there isn't, there will probably be at least a port of Splatoon to the Switch. :wink:

And guys, I apologize if I've been like "really detailed" about the possible upcoming Mario games. That series is my favorite and I'm just gonna naturally tell everything I know about those games, while other games I'll just say they exist and that's it. :lol:
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
IronBit
Noob
Noob
JesusIsLord713 wrote:
IronBit wrote:I totally agree... But I hope that there will be a new Splatoon!!
If there isn't, there will probably be at least a port of Splatoon to the Switch. :wink:

And guys, I apologize if I've been like "really detailed" about the possible upcoming Mario games. That series is my favorite and I'm just gonna naturally tell everything I know about those games, while other games I'll just say they exist and that's it. :lol:
I can tell! Below every post it says "I love playing mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

(I don't know how to do colors) :lol:
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Haha yep that's part of my signature I made. :wink: Here are some directions on how to get color in your posts. First above the box where you type there are bunch of different buttons such as Img, Quote, List, etc. One of those is called "Font colour" click on that and pick the color you want. Then two messages incased in box type parenthesis will appear. Type what you want in between the the boxes. The message in between the boxes will be the color you picked (the boxes won't appear when you submit your post). Like this! And if your unhappy with your color selection, then delete both boxes and try again.

Anyways new rumor! The rumor is that for the first time GameCube games will be available on the Virtual Console for the Switch! The first 3 GameCube games rumored to come for the Virtual Console is Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, and Super Smash Bros Melee.

1.12 is here!

Wookie_Girl
Noob
Noob
Hey where do I go to ask questions about the server? I am new so I could use some advice.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
You can post questions here: viewforum.php?f=5
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
A recent rumor that has popped up is the inability to replace the battery the Switch will come with. :(

1.12 is here!

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
bummer it that's true.
Smokeyriver
Noob
Noob
Im looking forward to what nintendo has to offer. That has and will always be my favorite console, and super mario brothers will always be the best game on the planet!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

I hope everyone watched the presentation. What did you think? Pre-ordered our and looking forward to the new Arms, Mario, Zenoblade, and Zelda games.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I think it's neat.
Haven't pre-ordered, but I think I will end up doing so later.
Certainly looking forward to Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario, and Splatoon 2.

Mixed thoughts on the subscription for online, though at least Nintendo will able to upgrade their servers. XD
Regionlock no longer being a thing is fantastic.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I thought they did the presentation pretty well! I'm excited for the system!

The system itself is a neat approach with being able to go anywhere. I was not expecting for it to launch as early as it is on March 3rd. The joy-con controls while I think they are a neat concept I'm worried on how it's going to feel in my hand (since they are pretty small), and just wanting to get a new controller for someone else to do local multiplayer is extremely expensive. Battery life is ok for 2.5-6 hours depending on the game, and I'm glad you can play while the game is charging.

Game-wise all I'm excited about is Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Super Mario Odyssey because the game is like taking the exact opposite move it took with Super Mario 3D Land or World. It's a 3D game sandbox type game created more similar to Super Mario 64 and Sunshine instead of 3D World. The different places and enemies are so unique it's exciting! And plus I've been wanting a sequel to Galaxy but this is close enough. :D

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is basically an add-on for Mario Kart 8 with new stuff. All the tracks, characters, etc from the original Mario Kart 8 are back (plus DLC). A couple new characters appear, couple items return from older games (Feather and Boo items so far), and a PROPER BATTLE MODE! There will (probably) be new tracks as well.

1.12 is here!

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I actually haven't watched the presentation yet; I caught the tail end of (when Breath of the Wild was unveiled as a launch title, and the internet exploded) it, and I've been reading synopsis and such. I'm mixed, actually. Love the console, love the games, thrilled over Mario Odyssey, and I'm OK with the price of the Switch itself. It's actually cheaper than I was expecting. Love the idea of being able to carry my brand new triple A title with me instead of having to set aside time to play it later. Heck, I love the thought of portable Skyrim. :O I hope it's the modable version, though I wouldn't place money on it. The game lineup and support for it is so far pretty awesome, and I like the control scheme (which still has motion control, so Wii ports and such are possible in a digital format).

But, as JesusIsLord pointed out, the peripheral pricing is flat out ridiculous. Not just a hair over-costed in my mind: I'm willing to fully commit to 'ridiculous' as the correct word. And, unlike the Wii's, the Switch doesn't appear to come with a game, which is a small bummer. I'm sure kits with games will come later, probably as soon as Christmas even. I guess it is an entitlement complex.

And yeah, I'm not a fan of the pay requirement for online multiplayer...it's closer to burning hatred, actually. But people have shown they are more than willing to pay for it, so I can't blame Ninty for jumping on the bandwagon. -_- Not entirely, at least. It might also indicate they are going to go with a more typical online gaming model, which is probably for the best. But PC gamers have something to brag about now to which console gamers have no counter (Had to happen eventually. :P). It's a concept where voting with your wallet isn't effective either, since it basically knee-caps certain games.

Game wise and console wise, I'm sold. I want it, though I can't afford to pre-order it, it's certainly something I plan on getting. Company wise...Ninty has sort of let me down, with the ridiculous controller pricing--yeah, I'm not buying one until I can get it used or 3rd party--and pay to play online, which is a pet peeve of mine. It's a brave new world for Nintendo, and I think I am OK with that. I just wish they hadn't used the same path as everyone else. :P
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Oh yeah I forgot about mentioning the online multiplayer. I was pretty upset when I heard that it's a paid subscription. I really hope it's cheap for a monthly subscription (10$ or less) so my wallet doesn't take a huge it. But I understand why Nintendo is doing this, because PlayStation and Xbox are already doing paid subscriptions for their online services.

I'm hoping there would be some way for people who already have a Nintendo network they can somehow play online for free but doubt that's gonna happen.

1.12 is here!