Nintendo Switch

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
No, it's just rumors. We won't know the actual price for real until January 12.

Although Nintendo has mentioned that they don't want to sell it at a loss (hinting they aren't going to make it extremely cheap) but also wants to be at a price most fans would be happy about (hinting the price probably won't go into the PlayStation/Xbox territory prices).

But then again take things with a grain of salt until January 12.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
ImperialR
Really seems like a console that could mesh well with a new animal crossing title...
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
According to recent rumors (so again, take with a grain a salt), a lot of things have changed regarding the games.

Looks like the new Zelda game will NOT be a launch title for the Switch. However the new 3D Mario game shown in the trailer probably will be!

Mario Kart 8 Port will probably feature new tracks (along with the original Mario Kart 8 tracks + DLC), new characters, and a proper battle mode (not the original battle mode junk thankfully).

The new Splatoon game may become packed in with the Switch for the bundled version of the console.

Oh and it looks like the price will possibly be lower than what the Wii U was at launch.

1.12 is here!

JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Another couple rumors have popped up regarding the games again. This time it's a little more weird.

Pokemon Sun and Moon will possibly get an enhanced version on the Switch.

Another Mario game is scheduled for launch, and this one is pretty odd...

It's called (for right now) "Mario RPG: Invasion of the Rabbids". Rabbids are characters that are part of the "Raving Rabbids" series that the company Ubisoft has made (I think that's the name of the series, I don't exactly know though), and Ubisoft is working with Nintendo on creating this game. This game would focus less on the core characters of the Mario universe (well except of course for Mario), so characters like Luigi might not make as big of an appearance. While on the other hand the game would focus more on more minor characters in the RPG series such as Yoshi, in which they say Yoshi would be a primary party member. Bowser is also supposed to appear (of course) and I'm pretty curious as to what his role would be...as I can't see him as the primary villain this time.

So technically this is another Mario RPG crossover like Mario and Luigi Paper Jam was, except that these Rabbid characters are not part of the Mario universe.

1.12 is here!

ImperialR
JesusIsLord713 wrote:Another couple rumors have popped up regarding the games again. This time it's a little more weird.

Pokemon Sun and Moon will possibly get an enhanced version on the Switch.

Another Mario game is scheduled for launch, and this one is pretty odd...

It's called (for right now) "Mario RPG: Invasion of the Rabbids". Rabbids are characters that are part of the "Raving Rabbids" series that the company Ubisoft has made (I think that's the name of the series, I don't exactly know though), and Ubisoft is working with Nintendo on creating this game. This game would focus less on the core characters of the Mario universe (well except of course for Mario), so characters like Luigi might not make as big of an appearance. While on the other hand the game would focus more on more minor characters in the RPG series such as Yoshi, in which they say Yoshi would be a primary party member. Bowser is also supposed to appear (of course) and I'm pretty curious as to what his role would be...as I can't see him as the primary villain this time.

So technically this is another Mario RPG crossover like Mario and Luigi Paper Jam was, except that these Rabbid characters are not part of the Mario universe.

...Ok the Sun and Moon thing I think is true but...The Rayman Spinoff character crossover...Proooobably isn't happening.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Granted, it's all rumour...but there are some pretty solid leads from generally reliable individuals.

Considering Link has visited other games, and Mario is journeying to iOS, I wouldn't see it out of the realm of possibility.

Granted the deuce, that may just be because it sounds like a hilariously fun idea to me. XD I'd be tempted to put a reservation down on that one.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I read about a Toys R Us price leak of $240 if that is indeed the price would you get it?
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Yes! It's actually a lot lower than the PS4 pro and Xbox Scorpio (I'm really sure the Scorpio will cost a lot more than the Switch).

Plus it's $50 more than the Wii was when it was on sale. And people really liked the Wii price.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:Granted, it's all rumour...but there are some pretty solid leads from generally reliable individuals.

Considering Link has visited other games, and Mario is journeying to iOS, I wouldn't see it out of the realm of possibility.

Granted the deuce, that may just be because it sounds like a hilariously fun idea to me. XD I'd be tempted to put a reservation down on that one.
Mario on iOS? Sounds interesting.

I see that Mircosoft is also making a new console. I think that the Xbox 1 price was WAY too much.

Fun fact: in 2012, Wii sales beat Wii U sales by about 4 million units.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
ZappierVirus wrote:
Chozon1 wrote:Granted, it's all rumour...but there are some pretty solid leads from generally reliable individuals.

Mario on iOS? Sounds interesting.

I see that Mircosoft is also making a new console. I think that the Xbox 1 price was WAY too much.

Fun fact: in 2012, Wii sales beat Wii U sales by about 4 million units.
Yeah Super Mario Run. Thought I told you about that.

Yep Microsoft is making a new console. While it is really expensive, it's the most powerful console of the three. But yes I agree it's a bit expensive.

How could the Wii of beaten Wii U by only 4 million units? The Wii U alone didn't even get to 1/4 of what the Wii sold.

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
In 2012 are the key words in what I said.
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I know that but it still doesn't make sense. At that point the Wii has sold like 70 million units by the time the Wii U came out. So basically the Wii beat the Wii U by about 60 something million units in 2012.

If I'm missing something please let me know, because is what I found.

1.12 is here!

JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
My guess is that the sales mentioned were sales made from 2012 alone, not taking in account anything from the years before or after.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
JOJ650s wrote:My guess is that the sales mentioned were sales made from 2012 alone, not taking in account anything from the years before or after.
Ohhhh THAT makes sense! :D

1.12 is here!

ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Yeah, that is what I meant. Thanks for clarifying!
I post too much.