How has Gaming benefitted your life as a believer in Christ?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
LuminousLCDLord
Noob
Noob

Re: How has Gaming benefitted your life as a believer in Christ?

Postby LuminousLCDLord » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:19 pm

As others mentioned; as I've learned from gaming, gaming is often demoted to being a 'mind-control device' and destroying people's lives through 'addiction' and stuff like that.

Gaming isn't magically more destructive than pen-and-paper RPGs and board games; it's just like every other form of entertainment; meant to be enjoyed, not treated as 'evil'. In fact, I have OCD, and that means I have bad obessive thoughts, and so the only way I can keep myself particularly busy is playing Minecraft and using CCG's content. Gaming can, in fact, really help with OCD.

That is all I have to say (at least for now; I may add more onto it later).

Odazz
Noob
Noob

Re: How has Gaming benefitted your life as a believer in Christ?

Postby Odazz » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:39 pm

In short, games have helped me put the burden of reality out of my mind, allowing me to think about my faith and other higher issues. For a time I did have a serious gaming addiction during the height of MMORPGS like WoW and EverQuest, but that is long past and now I only play for enjoyment. While I know I'm pretty unique for using games in such a way it really has helped build my faith and brought me through the worst times of my life by allowing this escape and to focus internally and spiritually.

Return to “General Gaming Discussion”