Was looking for some opinions regarding streams and projects

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
AlexElway
Noob
Noob
Hello ,

I am new here and came across this site and thought this may the place to get some good opinions and feedback on what i've been doing and what my goal is.

I am in my 30's and i've loved gaming for quite sometime , I play a lot of sports games among others on the ps4 console which I also use to stream from when I can. I have been a senior moderator on the EA Sports forums for over 5 years when I have time to help , I am in a EA Sports program that allows me to test games before release and be in direct contact with devs. providing them with bugs ,glitches etc. so they may patch them pre-release if possible. I am also in a clan on twitch which is exclusive to those who have been to EA Tiburon in orlando ( this bothers me and i'll explain why later, also I know this is a long post but I have had a lot on mind and I feel maybe here I can let it out without judgement).

I have had many positive and negative experiences in gaming , one being on the EA Sports forums I have always ended every post with 'God Bless' or 'Have a blessed day" when moderating. Its no issue now but there was a time when Admins who worked for EA at the time and MANY users were threatening me because of how I ended my posts, I will say there were few who enjoyed it and I really appreciated that. I tell this because what i'm wanting to do now has stemmed from that time 4-5 years ago. I had a thought to stop posting like I did for a brief second ,but than it felt like by doing so I would be turning my back to God ,so I kept on moderating and posting as I felt I should , in the end I was told it was fine but I would have to deal with the users trolling and takecare of there bans or suspensions ...that made me feel like I made a difference and after a couple of months the users gained respect for me even if there beliefs were not the same as mine. Sorry for the long wall.

I started streaming with a goal , I wanted to bring a christian sports streamer to twitch much like I did with the EA forums and expand to provide a place for christians to chat , welcome new folks to a positive ,clean , respectful stream that might have a positive affect on them rather than many that I have watched and thought to myself that kids should not be watching this.

I did get quite the amount of trolls when my bot started qouting bible verses every 10-15 minutes as I have it set to do as well as when I turn on song requests I do not allow anything with a negative message and my list is purely christian music. I was fine with that of course and some stayed once they found out I was not going to judge them for things they may do as long as they followed the stream rules.

Here is where I started to question if what I was doing was wrong and have decided to change but I do not know any other christian streamers (which I hope to find here and have followed a couple already).

- I started to average around 100 viewers per stream , I would than raid another streamer who was streaming the same game as me and they would do the same , i'm not sure if this is right ,but I started to feel like I was providing youngsters a positive place to chat with rules only to have them raid a guy who might be cursing up a storm , raging at a game or acting very rude which made me think I was not doing what God would want me to do ( its how I felt). I was streaming everyday and now I do here and there while i'm sorting out how I feel I should do things.

- I did need encouragement as well , I have done things in my past that were not christian nor am I proud of but I feel that can help me talk to others so they do not make the mistakes I did ,but I noticed I started to think selfishly when I noticed the other streamers getting bigger and bigger at a faster rate ,this is where I needed someone to speak with and direct me back on my path. ( another reason I think this site will help me).

- I want to be a positive influence on twitch , twitter, forums and everywhere I go while spreading the word of God as I go , if I can just make one person young or old stop and think of the lord I feel I would be doing the lords work through gaming , I watch many streams doing research and I see cursing , racial slurs, hatred, chat members insulting one another on twitch in almost every sports stream I see. I want to change that and would love it if you could look at my channel setup ,maybe catch a small piece of a stream one day and provide some feedback or maybe ideas. Also if you are a christian streamer rather its sports or not I want to raid you so I know i'm not sending kids into a place that maybe a bad influence.

Some things I have in place: I run 3 bible verses every 10-15 minutes through a bot in the chat , I let users pick them and if they do not I choose them. When song requests are on I play christian music and if users want to request a song it must not have any negative messages in it or cursing etc.

Here is my twitch channel and of you have ideas let me know , I want to get as many christian streamers out there as possible because there are MANY bad influences on twitch so I feel there should be more positive ones to choose from. Thank you for any help , feedback, ideas or critism as it all helps in what i'm trying to do.

Sorry for the super long post as my first one here but I had and have a lot on my mind and heart.

Here is the link please provide any feedback you can http://www.twitch.tv/alexelway

Thank you so much and have a blessed day!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Followed yo on Twitch and Twitter (I'm @divinegames). Thanks for sharing your story and experiences with us! That's pretty cool that you're not hiding your faith and have the courage to say God bless when ridiculed about it. Stay strong and don't hide your faith. We run niche sites that MANY will not appreciate but in the end, God does. We're providing a safe haven for Christian gamers who are mocked or forced to hear trash talk on other sites and channels. Keep it up! I'll be happy to raid your channel for you.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Love what you are doing. Keep it up. :)

Personally I can not stand Twitch. I prefer to video capture and put it up on Youtube. Our sports games video capture do well. Not as well as the dance videos, but they do decent. https://www.youtube.com/c/FamilyFriendlyGaming We don't do a lot of talking over videos that way people can see and hear the game. Which is more important and always safer than the majority of commentary. We get plenty of comments thanking us for not talking over a game.