Minecraft for Children

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
MikeC
Noob
Noob
Success - thank you!
auskey08
Noob
Noob
Minecraft is a great game. It depends on what you do not want him to do or get involved in. If you are afraid that he will get involved with bad communication on servers, than you can limit him to join CCGR minecraft server or when he is on another server, than go to settings, go to multiplayer options, than click the section that says chat:shown twice, then it will appear as chat:hidden, then he will not be able to post anything or see what anybody else has posted. If you click the chat:shown button once, it will appear as chat:commands only. Then he will be able to use commands and will be able to see what the server it self has posted which is usually like the countdown for minigames. The only problem with doing that is that people often chat through commands, right where you can see them. That is why I keep it on chat:hidden. If you dont want him on multiplayer at all, singleplayer is also very fun in itself. If you are concerned about him seeing monsters, just go to options and click the section that says difficulty:easy,normal,or hard, and click it untill it appears as difficulty:peaceful. Than there will be no monsters. If you decide to do this he still can kill things like pigs, cows, chickens, etc... This is something you cannot avoid. If you are concerned he will change the difficulty back to a difficuly where there are monsters, there is a tiny section next to the difficulty section that has a lock on it, click it while it is set to peaceful and he wont be able to alter it. If he gets bored with singleplayer, than you can download numerouse mods that let you add almost anything to single player. Mods can be difficult to download, but there are numerouse youtube videos that teach you how to download them. (you can find almost anything on youtube these days.) I have a mod called the flans mod that I really enjoy, (see my topic on minecraft mods in general gaming disscution) You can also choose from multiple skins to make your character look different. Yet again, I am sure there are multiple youtube videos on how to download skins. That is it. If you follow these instructions, you will find that minecraft is a very fun game and you can alter the settings to make it safe as you like it.
catch22
Noob
Noob
I have 2 girls, ages 5 and 7, and they both love Minecraft and they play it. It's not a violent game, far more like legos on the computer.

The only issue I ever had was the youngest thought it was funny to spawn and kill animals, so now if she kills anything in game she loses access and I had to explain to her how it's okay to use animals for food and resources, but it's not okay to senselessly kill them. So they can get food to eat, but can't kill for fun.

The other day I randomly walked up and killed a chicken not thinking about it (I don't play often I forget what buttons do what I was just trying out my sword...) and my youngest told me I needed to get off the computer for killing unjustly. LOL. Figures ;) Bad daddy!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
haha funny! This is my favorite Minecraft moment with my kids: https://twitter.com/divinegames/status/ ... 5776717824