Hello, is it possible to mod out the foul language for Dying Light? I understand that this thread is a little old but I could use an answer on the subject. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum LilGumby!33
I think it should be possible based on this video: https://youtu.be/mizR_ZTaJXY
My recommendation would be:
Use a program like freecommander (http://freecommander.com/en/downloads/
), which will allow you to search for through text files without having to open them.
First find a spot in the game that is easy to load and save quickly, has a piece of audio to edit.
1. Find the subtitle files by doing a text search. Find the sentence you want to edit. (text search will be slightly different than a file search)
1a. see if the subtitles refer to the audio files used.
2. Find the audio files from the reference if there is one (these may have a path listed with the subitles files, but it may not so you may have to do some searching)
3. Edit the audio files, then edit the subtitles files. (if you edit the subtitles first, you've lost your reference to what the speech should be. This is really useful if there is no reference to the audio files path. Sometimes you'll have to listen to a lot of files before you find how they have their files organized. Sometime
4. backup your data3.pak in the game directory (usually along the lines of C:\programfiles (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\dying light)
5.open data3.pak with 7zip and put your edited files into their matching folders you found them in.
6. test that piece of audio. If it works, you now have the start of a mod. Continue till you edit all the curse words out of the game.