Should we have an indie game forum?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Should we make a new indie game foum?

Yes
No votes
No
100%
Maybe so
No votes

Total votes: 5
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
I noticed we didn't have foum for indie games. Since indie games and developers are becoming so much more common, I thought I'we should make a new foum for posts about indie games. I would like to hear your opinions on whether or not we should do that. Thanks! :mrgreen:

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I think this topic has come up before... in any case, the proliferation of the Indie game scene is a sign to me that even small studios can play ball with the heavy hitters - and quite often, do even better. Trying to relegate them to their own forum would be, in my mind, putting them in a "lesser" category, in a sense. Let them stand on their own merits in the Shooter, Puzzle, RPG etc. categories along other companies like EA, Nintendo and Disney. While some indies may not be able to stack up, there are quite a few that can.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Plus, "indie" isn't a genre or type. It's some sort of vague term referring to the developer.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Sstavix lays it out pretty well, imo. As it stands, we probably have too many forums considering the traffic. If we locked or deleted old threads, they would look pretty empty.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
On the other hand, it makes it easier to distinguish. Indie games are in a class of their own when you think about it. On that note, adding an indie game forum would not add clutter or put them in a lesser class but rather give the subject its own special place.

Not saying delete the old forums, but you get what I'm saying.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
DeadManReedeemed wrote:On the other hand, it makes it easier to distinguish. Indie games are in a class of their own when you think about it. On that note, adding an indie game forum would not add clutter or put them in a lesser class but rather give the subject its own special place.
That's why they put me in the "special" corner back in elementary school. I was too good for them, the envious fools...

Indie games are games, and can generally be placed in existing genres.
Last edited by Nate DaZombie on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I agree indie or not the games still fall under the genres we have specified
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
I guess you have a point.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami