Lots of Zombies

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Mad_Ivan
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
I know zombie games are popular, but why are there so many? It seems like if there's too many, they won't be popular any more. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of games like The Last of Us, but are they going overbord?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
as long as they sell they're going to keep making them. Plants vs Zombies is my favorite :)
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I agree, they are a bit tiresome.
It's interesting to look at what horror resonates with society. During the victorian era, the time of Dracula, the vampire, an embodiment of carnal lusts that sap the life our of innocent victims, particularly women, fell very squarely with Victorian sensibilities and their fears.
Fast forward to the time of slasher films and the rise of serial killers.
Now, in modern day society, with the rise of technology and large cities, there's a sort of dehumanization that goes with other people. There's a fear that we would lose ourselves, perhaps, entirely, and become, well zombies. These are all theories I heard, but they seem to stick pretty well. Considering that just about every Zombie flick out there, the survivors have to settle back into a simpler living. It's not technology of social infrastructure that saves the day, but human know-how and people sticking together. Interesting point of view.

But, zombies are getting a bit tiresome and becoming more of a cultural hallmark. This brings to question, what are the future social fears and what could be the next big horror theme?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
I've always Deus Ex has offered a preview of our future horrors. As now we have a fear of mass dehumanization, perhaps soon our fear will be of becoming more than human.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Sstavix
CCGR addict
It's futile. As soon as something kills the zombie franchise, someone will simply dig it up again.
ArchAngel wrote: But, zombies are getting a bit tiresome and becoming more of a cultural hallmark. This brings to question, what are the future social fears and what could be the next big horror theme?
What if society becomes so jaded that it gets to the point where nothing is scary? The future of horror might lie in the fear of being bored to death....
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Something tells me people haven't come close to outgrowing fear
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
I don't believe there will ever be a time when people will never fear anything. Fear is just a fact of life. It doesn't go away. A wise man once said, "Everyone's afraid of something." In most cases, this is completely true. Some people are afraid of the dark, others are afraid of heights. Just about everyone fears death. No matter how advanced or protected we are, the feeling of fear won't just fade away. Of this we can be certain.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I wanted to make a kender reference here, but I couldn't work it in.
The only reason I mention this is I'm curious who would have gotten the reference in the first place.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Sstavix
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote:I wanted to make a kender reference here, but I couldn't work it in.
The only reason I mention this is I'm curious who would have gotten the reference in the first place.
/raises hand. :lol:
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Awesome! I'll remember to bone up on my Dragonlance references, then.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.