Brutal honesty requested

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
HalcyonLioness
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
For me, personally, I can say I've seen far, far worse in regards crude humor. Your style has a bit more taste in comparison to most others, and I appreciate that a lot. :3 I do agree with DeadMan that it can be toned down further, but don't let our opinions stop you from being yourself.

I really like how accessible you made the Hitman series in your video. I also haven't exactly played the games myself, and I personally just brushed them off as another stealth/shoot'em'up game series. Now, you've gotten me interested and curious about Agent 47 and his hyjinks (other than his vacation.)

I'll be looking forward to your next project. :3

--Lioness

PS: And thanks for the sub, DeadMan :3
[Epic sig pic incoming]
Livestream: [http://twitch.tv/halcyonlioness] || YouTube Channel: [http://bit.ly/X3EQNt] || Twitter: [twitter.com/HalcyonLioness] || Tumblr: [halcyonlioness.tumblr.com] || Steam: HalcyonLioness || B-Net Battletag: AstraLioness#[numbers restricted]
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Nate DaZombie wrote:Thanks! If you don't mind telling me, what was your favorite part of the video? Do you think the humor was too crude?
Again, wolf in the midst of sheep, but I'd almost amp it up a bit.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Oro, rejoice, for someone actually agrees with you. :P

I have no intention of making my videos crazy vulgar (though I do love me some Yahtzee or AVGN), but I'm going to keep some of the more risque content. I've found a style that I think I can turn into something unique (silly, disrespectful skits juxtaposed on a serious review that delves into either the themes or feelings a game evokes).

Absolutely no cursing, but buckets of blood and some sexual references. Most of it will be in the videogames, but I'm also thinking about some inappropriate jokes placed in games for children (by me, of course :P)
Last edited by Nate DaZombie on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Sounds like my recent let's play minus the sexual references (The Walking Dead).

/advertisement
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Nate DaZombie wrote:Oro, rejoice, for someone actually agrees with you. :P
I'm confused on what to do now. This never happens.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Noobyhead99
The idea and video side of the... erm... video was done quite well, though I do think it could have been vastly improved by better voiceover quality and consistency. Try to sound a little more enthusiastic as well. You can turn off a lot of people by sounding uninteresting with lots of 'gh' and 'th' sounds hitting the microphone when saying hard sounds. Try to keep the volume up to a good standard and keep that consistent, too.
Spoiler:
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
The audio quality is bad for a reason, I'm using a cheap Logitech headset! :P That aside, I think I got pretty decent audio out of it, but next time I'll definitely use voice modifiers for the story segments. The unenthusiastic tone I used, though not intentional, probably isn't something I'll change too much. I definitely want to stay away from monotone, but I want to create serious reviews as well as silly skits. There are plenty of really enthusiastic YouTubers out there already, I want to have a more serious tone. It's going to take some time to develop the proper voice. I'm definitely need to regulate the game audio more next time though, it was all over the place in that video.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
I think the video is funny, but I think the joking could be toned down. Don't get wrong- I really, really thought vid was hilarious. But the humor can be funny and clean. Sexual references might veer some eyes towards you in a negative way, and I don't want that to happen to you. See?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
DeadManReedeemed wrote:But the humor can be funny and clean. Sexual references might veer some eyes towards you in a negative way, and I don't want that to happen to you. See?
I agree that they could be clean, but that just isn't my style. I'm aiming for PG-13, not "super happy family-friendly bonanza party time". Some of the games are rated M anyway, so I just don't see the point of purposely holding back half of my jokes.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Uploaded another video (fair warning, its sort of NSFW. I made some crude drawings), and before anyone says it, I know the audio is awful. I'll be using Audacity to record in the future.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
On of the A day int the life says yhe instead
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I'd love to come up with some ridiculous excuse to explain why it's spelled like that, but I have none. :P I'll have to edit and re-upload the video.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Just re-uploaded the video!
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
A lot of stuff threw me for a loop. Great review, by the way. :D
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Thanks! I really dislike the audio quality though; I'm going to use Audacity instead next time.