PS3

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Okay, so first of PSN usernames forum is barely touched. And.....well, I guess I have a question:

Who has a PS3 and even if you don't what do you think about it.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Isn't the PS4 coming out soon? The PS3 has had a good run.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
The PS4 is getting unveiled on February 20th, I believe. I don't know when it'll be officially released.

Annnnd I like my PS3. It's pretty.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Why is that game developers don't THINK for a change? They have a PS3 and now all of a sudden they're going to abandon it and say it had a good run just to force us to upgrade to something NEW?
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Dude it's been seven years. Get over it.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
This console cycle has actually gone much longer than it normally would; it's about time that we all upgraded to more powerful consoles. That is, of course, except for PC owners like myself.
Spoiler:
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
But then money becomes an issue. Even if an upgrade was necessary to utilize PSN, how can we if we don't have the M-O-N-E-Y?

― Criss Jami
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
You don't. Or you know, you could get off your butt and get a real job.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Ummm Oro,
I am pretty sure Redeemed has stated a while ago that he is trying to get a job.
Besides, I wouldn't buy a system that's say, $400. (I would wait a few years first. :P )
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Does your existing console still work? Or more importantly, are they still making games for your console?

Don't fall into the trap of feeling like you absolutely, must have all the latest new cutting-edge technology. Especially if what you currently possess is still in fine working condition. There are better things to spend your money on - or if you can't find something to spend your money on, put your extra into a retirement account, save it for later, or give it to a church or charity.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Orodrist wrote:You don't. Or you know, you could get off your butt and get a real job.
Either that, or you could leave me alone. :| I just stated my point of view to say something relevant, not to get disrespected. :(

― Criss Jami
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I understand the issue, however you need to understand that technology has moved rapidly forward since the release of the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360. There are many things that developers cannot do due to the limitations of both consoles.

Luckily enough, the PS3 was promised to last for 10 years, much like how long the PS2 has lasted even when the PS3 was out. So you will still have at least 3 years worth of games to play before you can get the new system. :)
Drewsov
CCGR addict
TripExistence wrote:The PS4 is getting unveiled on February 20th, I believe. I don't know when it'll be officially released.

Annnnd I like my PS3. It's pretty.
All we know is that there's a conference on Feb 20. We don't know if they're announcing the PS4 yet.

Also, DMR... The Xbox 360 had been out nine years. The PS3 has been out for a little less, but it's still significantly longer than the standard five years. It's been highly surprising to me to see a console generation survive this long. The hardware is aging. It's time for something new.
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Well, the Sega Dreamcast helped set a new standard in gaming, but nobody cares about that.

― Criss Jami
Drewsov
CCGR addict
DeadManReedeemed wrote:Well, the Sega Dreamcast helped set a new standard in gaming, but nobody cares about that.
According to whom did the Dreamcast set a new standard?

What standard are we even talking about?
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...