Any good games that aren't soul destroying?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
4Thirteen
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Sup guys!! So I'm new here and the reason I'm here is cos most of my life I've been playing games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, GTA, etc and I'm looking into making a shift away from negative games (except GTA.. That's a classic!) and find games which might be better for my soul as a young man of faith (18) so I'm looking for games that aren't childish but at the same time don't have the super offensive story lines where they drop the F bomb or diss the Lord!!

As you can probably tell from my previous games I'm a fan of the more realistic games instead of fantasy/anime games but I'm open to trying anything!!

To everyone who sees this.. YO!! Good to be here and Christian or not, just hit me up if you need to talk about anything or wanna know Jesus!

Yah bless
Pheonix
Forum Moderator

Welcome to forum! First off, you should put what platforms you play on, so we can make more educated suggestions. Some games that are wonderful (and some are cheap).

Mirror's Edge
Any and all of the Halos are really clean, especially for M games.
Racing games are usually pretty safe, look for Burnout Paradise.
Portal 1 and 2 are always great also, if you haven't played them.
Usually strategy games are clean, possibly some swearing.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I normally just recommend Section 8 and Section 8: Prejudice, but I've been really enjoying Team Fortress 2 lately. We even have a server if you want to play it without blood.
Blue Collar Servant
Noob
Noob
oh wow i have tf2, ima go check it out
The world needs jesus!
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
4Thirteen wrote: I'm looking into making a shift away from negative games
(except GTA.. That's a classic!)
ಠ_ಠ
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Shootmania Storm for PC
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Welcome to the forums! :)

Well, let me think...

Portal 1 & 2 is great.

Castle Crashers is a fun multi-player game, although pretty gory.
(It's recommended that it's played with friends though.)

I am not sure if this would be your style,
but if you have a DS, give the Professor Layton series a try. :)

And... now my mind went blank,
if I think of any more I'll post them here.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
4Thirteen
Noob
Noob
Thank you very much guys!! Sorry I didn't mention I'm on PC but a kinda low end one.. Let's just say it's a laptop hahaha!! I've been able to run GTA on low settings without much lag if any and Battlefield 3 on low with no lag so it can handle relatively intensive games but if it can't then I have a PS3!!

I gotta be honest I've been looking into Portal but I don't really understand it all haha! I used to play NFS a lot but since they brought out the track racing games I disliked them and then they had to bring out Most Wanted this year as a remake but for those who have played the original MW it's a serious let down :( I am looking at buying the original tho!!

TF.. I've heard a bit about that game so I might look into that too! Thank yall so much for the suggestions I'll have a look around and if yall can suggest any other games for PC or PS3, by all means please do! I can't get wifi on my PS3 tho that's the only downside :(

Yah bless
CHECK OUT MY MUSIC BELOW :)
Spoiler:
Any reason why ^ that ^ won't show? :(
Blue Collar Servant
Noob
Noob
their is battlezone1998. you can download it at battlezone1.com.. luckily their is a nice small community that play their and is most likely on most of the time. hope to see you their :wink:
The world needs jesus!
4Thirteen
Noob
Noob
Blue Collar Servant wrote:their is battlezone1998. you can download it at battlezone1.com.. luckily their is a nice small community that play their and is most likely on most of the time. hope to see you their :wink:
Yeah bro you'll see me on there no doubt! I'll drop you a reply when I got it!!
Spoiler:
4Thirteen
Noob
Noob
Blue Collar Servant wrote:their is battlezone1998. you can download it at battlezone1.com.. luckily their is a nice small community that play their and is most likely on most of the time. hope to see you their :wink:
Fasho man!! You'll see me!! Just lemme know how I can add you or something and I'll join a game with ya if it's possible!! To everyone who dropped comments - thank you so much guys I wrote down the titles and I'm gonna look at them all and might even get a demo or something to try the paid ones!! If anyone has more suggestions please drop em below!! I'm willing to try almost anything!!

Yah bless
Spoiler:
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
4Thirteen wrote:Thank you very much guys!! Sorry I didn't mention I'm on PC but a kinda low end one.. Let's just say it's a laptop hahaha!! I've been able to run GTA on low settings without much lag if any and Battlefield 3 on low with no lag so it can handle relatively intensive games but if it can't then I have a PS3!!

I gotta be honest I've been looking into Portal but I don't really understand it all haha! I used to play NFS a lot but since they brought out the track racing games I disliked them and then they had to bring out Most Wanted this year as a remake but for those who have played the original MW it's a serious let down :( I am looking at buying the original tho!!

TF.. I've heard a bit about that game so I might look into that too! Thank yall so much for the suggestions I'll have a look around and if yall can suggest any other games for PC or PS3, by all means please do! I can't get wifi on my PS3 tho that's the only downside :(

Yah bless
I'd still attempt the shift from GTA. It'd be a struggle to think of a game that is more corrupt (well, bar Duke Nukem and Saints Row III).

As for NFS, I'm a big fan. I wish I had Most Wanted, especially because my Hot Pursuit disk for PS3 cracked the other day. :(

Team Fortress 2 is a hands down reccomendation (join our Steam group). There's Minecraft (meh).

As for your PS3, I would also reccomend Skate 3 and Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Why can't you get wifi exactly?
[Insert witty afterthought here]
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
If you have a PS# look for Gungrave: Overdose. That's probably one of the cleanest M rated games I ever played. And I hate to break it to you like this, but GTA ain't got nothing on this game. You will instantly call it a classic.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Blue Collar Servant
Noob
Noob
actually their is no friending.. my name is golem jr so u can find me in some games also if you want you can stop by on our forums.. i had s name change recentally so its vendetta on their.. also bz had a little history between hackers but thats already past.. now there are no hackers but a few annoying people. but everyone else in the community is very nice.
Last edited by Blue Collar Servant on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world needs jesus!
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Welcome to the site, BCS!!!! Nice username, by the way!!!

Reputation point for you!!!!!

Also, another game you can try is...........

Sonic Adventure 2. If you have that or you're not interested, try Star Ocean or Phantasy Star Online.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami