Any good games that aren't soul destroying?

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Or you could just go Linux, which has the simplicity slightly shy of that of PC, but does EXACTLY what you want and runs on essentially any non-mac desktop.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I've considered Linux, but the last time I gave it a serious look it was entirely too complicated for me to wrap my brain around. But who knows - with Steam coming out with a Linux version and several variations of WINE out there, it might be a good thing to look into again....
Legionnaire
Noob
Noob
I took a Linux course last semester, and I'm sad to say it totally ruined it for me. My teacher was absolutely awful and I learned nothing in the course (yet somehow aced it?). I was really interested in Linux before I took it, but now I'm just sticking with Windows.
"For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:6
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
ubuntu is pretty easy to use and you can always try a boot cd so no long commitments are made. When Steam comes out for linux, I'll be stoked. (in beta)
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I've actually been perusing the Ubutnu Web site since this discussion turned that direction (OK, last night, I think...) It does look intriguing, and I may try it out just to see what I think....

I think the demo desktop theme they used is absolutely hideous, though. Fortunately, it looks like other themes are available for it. :)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Mint linux is pretty sweet, we loaded that on our kids computer and I'll be putting it on my desktop when I get my Christmas hard drive :)
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Have you tried Tron: Evolution?

The game is safe and the online multiplayer is INSANE.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
rico001
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:Mint linux is pretty sweet, we loaded that on our kids computer and I'll be putting it on my desktop when I get my Christmas hard drive :)
ubuntu synaptic package manager, you might need a hardware device lister for ubuntu, you might want to screen some games; now they have an ubuntu games store and wine. (console--)NBA Jam: Boom-shakalacka; some racing games - Burnout takedown 3, might have to turn down music --old --burnout paradise; --board games with friends?
Berbible study bible for churches
https://bereanbible.com/
pdf,print,online

e-sword with KJV,GW
https://e-sword.net/

Bible online: biblegateway, biblehub
alnemozac
Noob
Noob
I'd agree with the games listed by most of the people posting on this thread. Portal 1 & 2 are great (story is fantastic and the multiplayer is co-operative instead of competitive. Another great (PS3) co-op game is the Little Big Planet series. Generally sports and racing games are good (recent racing games on the PS3 are NFS Most Wanted and Little Big Planet Karting). As for downloadable games (when you get the wifi on your ps3 working) I would recommend anything from "thatgamecompany" (they made Journey, Flower and Flow), another personal favourite of mine is "from dust".

I hope that gives you something to go on, if you are still looking it would be good to know what about those games that you think are unhelpful?
rookie412
Noob
Noob
I feel like their are times where you have to take a step back and rethink about what you did and decide if what you did is what God wanted you to do. I remember one time when I was playing online when people were being very mean to me and I had to really think about what to say or what not to say to them, it was very difficult because when there are people like that you really want to be mean to them as well, but you have to realize that you have to be the better man/woman and either ignore them or just be nice to them.
rookie412
Noob
Noob
Mirror's edge and all of the Halo games. I have played both and neither drop the f bomb, they don't diss the lord, and they are incredibly fun to play
drewm3i
Noob
Noob
Try the Assassin's Creed series. I've beaten them all and I would say they aren't childish, but they also aren't pure evil. You are basically fighting an Assassin that fights the NWO and the people who to this day try to enslave humanity and make us subservient to a tyrannical rule. Now, you don't always walk the moral high ground, but you never harm defenseless, innocent people--you stand up for them.