Top PC games with the least profanity.

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
adobekid1
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Hi! I am new to this forum. I search for games for my two grandboys. Battlefield 2 and Halo are good examples of games that I have and would like to find more like these. FPS games with as little profanity as possible. Could the Forum members recommend the top 10 or so? Even cartoons on TV now have some profanity and that is a shame. How times have changed! Believe me, I have Googled and cannot find answers and when I ask game store personel they act like someone not wanting profanity is weird. Thanks, Bill Who am I ? Google adobekid1 and/or 1adobe kid
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Welcome!

I'm assuming this is for an xbox 360? Avoid Battlefield 3 and Serious Sam 3 those have lots of swearing.

Some of our members here have played Halo 4 maybe they can chime in on the language.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
You'll have to define profanity. You mean strictlly language? Or also sex and violence?

The ESRB can say a lot about the game.

Halo 4 didn't get nicked for language, even so much as mild, in the rating. That's more than most T-rated games can say. I should mention that it is still violent though. I can't see why people freak out if something has sex or language in it, but violence seems to be a passive topic.

I don't think Half Life 2 was notably profane in the language department, but it's a bit gruesome for me. And it's best on PC, no competition (besides, Orange Box for Xbox is a little hard to come by around Detroit, and PS3 is even harder, bar ebay).

The original Portal was language-free. Portal 2 had one or two, I think.

Stray from Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress 2.

I don't think the PS3 has any console exclusive shooters that meet your requirements. Killzone and Resistance are fairly well laden with language.

Counter Strike doesn't have much language (I think... haven't tried too much of it). It is violent though (that's the basic underlying tone to all of these games). I should also mention that it's one of the hardest games to get into - the learning curve is very steep.

MineCraft isn't a shooter, but it's availible on Xbox and Pc, and it's in the first person perspective. It has multiplayer, and it's deeper than just holding one button to spray bullets. And it's morally spotless, essentially. Gets boring after a while though.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
adobekid1
Noob
Noob
Thanks for the replies. PC games... Violence? I am much more worried about GD and F word than anything. Like I said, minor cursewords are in everything now. Just the best for PC, please, in your opinion. I just got Battlefield 3 but play it in German because or the bad language. I see no way to turn off the language in BF3. Please mention games where the launguage turn-off is an option too. Thanks....
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I strongly recommend Section 8 and Section 8: Prejudice.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Unreal 3 has been out for a while, it has d*mn but you can disable the taunts completely
adobekid1
Noob
Noob
Thanks again for responding. Any more ideas, please keep them coming!
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
I think you can disable the profanity in the Call of Duty series. But I am among the few without any interest in owning them.

Once again: PORTAL.
GarthVader
VIP Member
VIP Member
ScotchRobbins wrote:I think you can disable the profanity in the Call of Duty series. But I am among the few without any interest in owning them.
No, you can't.

You can turn off the harshest words in Gears of War.

>_>

<_<

Sadly, though, most FPS games are pretty laden with obscenities, as you say. As someone mentioned, Section 8 is decent and so is Portal.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Totally didn't think of this one earlier but Shootmania is coming out, you can buy it in beta mode but it's still well polished and fun!
adobekid1
Noob
Noob
Thanks! I have added to my list!
rico001
Noob
Noob
ScotchRobbins wrote:I think you can disable the profanity in the Call of Duty series. But I am among the few without any interest in owning them.

Once again: PORTAL.
Played Black ops 2. Haven't finished single player yet.
It has a content filter. Words are bleeped out with symbols for what they say.
Single player has a volient cutscene of the main player murdering an army girl villian in the jungle.
A son? tells his dad 'I hate you'
If you just stick to multiplayer that might do it. I think they say Move your _ss though, Update I think I've heard the bots say the f word and sh word in multiplayer after they get attacked.

I think they have Battlefield 1943 for cheap and they were saying its less violent for teens on sites, can't remember about the language, this site says its ok for that: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-re ... er-reviews.

COD MW3 Multiplayer/survival only singleplayer had swearing if I remember right, even with the content filter, recommended though for fun.
Berbible study bible for churches
https://bereanbible.com/
pdf,print,online

e-sword with KJV,GW
https://e-sword.net/

Bible online: biblegateway, biblehub
Noobyhead99
Don't even TOUCH any Duke Nukem game :D
EDIT: If no-one mentioned Team Fortress 2, I'm doing it now.
Spoiler:
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Noobyhead99 wrote:EDIT: If no-one mentioned Team Fortress 2, I'm doing it now.
I think I may have... but I may be wrong.

But yes, it is very much fun.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
and free